Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

you know you drive an Excursion when.....

Old 04-03-2015, 02:50 PM
slowlanemcvane
Senior User
slowlanemcvane is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.slowlanemcvane is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
You know you drive an Excursion when...

Trips to work (or home again) become a scavenger hunt for the cheapskate in me.

Today, less than a mile from my house on my way to work this morning, I spotted a Kenmore upright freezer with a construction paper sign taped to it that said "FREE! WORKS GREAT!" Running late or not, I whipped over to check it out. It was a little dirty on the outside and had a broken door handle, but someone took the time to wash the inside out with bleach, so I figured the sign must be right. I quickly folded my middle row flat, opened the barn doors, and slid her in, then drove to work.

Unloaded her this afternoon when I got home, moved her into my garage, and am letting her sit until tomorrow to let the coolant settle. Tomorrow morning, I'll figure out if the sign (and my instincts) were correct. If so, I will have gotten a 20 cubic foot freezer for nothing, when I was planning on buying one soon anyway.

Old 04-03-2015, 03:07 PM
Vwags
Elder User
Vwags is a splendid one to beholdVwags is a splendid one to beholdVwags is a splendid one to beholdVwags is a splendid one to beholdVwags is a splendid one to beholdVwags is a splendid one to beholdVwags is a splendid one to beholdVwags is a splendid one to behold
You know you are driving an Excursion when...

...you are the guy(or gal) other guys(or gals) want to be

Old 05-02-2015, 08:36 PM
IMASAP
Posting Guru
IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.
you know you drive an Excursion when ........

your 3 yr. old son cleans house at his birthday party. You are able to fit a Power Wheels Gator, a dozen or so full gift bags, toy trucks, boxes of serving trays / platters, a few bags of leftover food / drink, balloons, the dog ramp, dog, the family ...... and still have plenty of extra room on the ride home.

Old 05-02-2015, 11:11 PM
A Rodder
Posting Guru
A Rodder has much to be proud ofA Rodder has much to be proud ofA Rodder has much to be proud ofA Rodder has much to be proud ofA Rodder has much to be proud ofA Rodder has much to be proud ofA Rodder has much to be proud ofA Rodder has much to be proud ofA Rodder has much to be proud of

The fact that you can pile 10 in one with a fourth row seat....and drive 1800 miles round trip to Disneyland and not kill each other speaks for itself.....

Old 05-03-2015, 12:31 AM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader
wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
That's what it's all about! Well said A Rodder.

Originally Posted by IMASAP View Post
...... and still have plenty of extra room on the ride home.

Indeed!

Old 05-19-2015, 04:14 AM
DANNY WUZERE
New User
DANNY WUZERE is starting off with a positive reputation.

Its to wide and heavy to fit on your city's MOT (inspection center) brake test rig, and its too long for their biggest car lift ,the lift only managed to lift her 2 feet off the ground , they gave up and gave me a pass certificate

Old 05-19-2015, 06:41 AM
JuanHuevos
I'm still around...mostly
JuanHuevos is a splendid one to beholdJuanHuevos is a splendid one to beholdJuanHuevos is a splendid one to beholdJuanHuevos is a splendid one to beholdJuanHuevos is a splendid one to beholdJuanHuevos is a splendid one to beholdJuanHuevos is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by DANNY WUZERE View Post

Its to wide and heavy to fit on your city's MOT (inspection center) brake test rig, and its too long for their biggest car lift ,the lift only managed to lift her 2 feet off the ground , they gave up and gave me a pass certificate
Excursion wins again!

Old 05-19-2015, 08:46 AM
Apocalypse
Post Fiend
Apocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputation
EXCURSION VS. inspection center
FIGHT!
FINISH IT!
EXCURSION WINS!

Old 05-19-2015, 08:55 AM
BassFantasizer
Postmaster
BassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputation
An Excursion in Northern Ireland?

I like it!

Give 'em hell!!!

Old 05-19-2015, 10:32 AM
mikenamys
Senior User
mikenamys is starting off with a positive reputation.
When you tell people you drive a station wagon and they assume its a Subaru...but that is usually followed by a dropped jaw when they see you.

Old 05-19-2015, 02:02 PM
PhauxNub
Freshman User
PhauxNub is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
EXCURSION VS. inspection center
FIGHT!
FINISH IT!
FATALITY!!!!
EXCURSION WINS!
There, I fixed it for ya.

Old 05-19-2015, 03:00 PM
Splash67
Postmaster
Splash67 has a brilliant futureSplash67 has a brilliant futureSplash67 has a brilliant futureSplash67 has a brilliant futureSplash67 has a brilliant futureSplash67 has a brilliant futureSplash67 has a brilliant futureSplash67 has a brilliant futureSplash67 has a brilliant futureSplash67 has a brilliant futureSplash67 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by DANNY WUZERE View Post

That is absolutely the best post I've read in a week!!!!!!

(They shouldn't be testing our vehicles anyways!)

Old 05-21-2015, 12:46 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
When you can take a camping trip to a remote place you don't want to drag your travel trailer and sleep out of the truck

Old 06-05-2015, 10:44 PM
z31freakify
Post Fiend
z31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to behold
keeping it alive

When you try to change a tire with a honda civic jack, and the jack broke

Old 06-05-2015, 11:19 PM
Apocalypse
Post Fiend
Apocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by z31freakify View Post
When you try to change a tire with a honda civic jack, and the jack broke
You were able to get it to make it to the frame?!?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: you know you drive an Excursion when.....

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.