Alaska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Introduce Ourselves!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 02:18 PM
Sockeye Salm
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everybody

My name is John and I just joined the AK Chapter.

I live in Anchorage by the Sullivan Arena. I work as an Operating Engineer #302. For the last 6 years I have been working at remote Air Force Long Range Radar Sites, that are scattered all over AK.

My "07" Lariat 4/4 F250 just got canceled by Ford so I'm waiting to get an "08" ordered as soon as they let me. I've decided to step up to the F350 now.

I've been lurking on the Super Duty Forum for a while and decided I'd better get over here and introduce myself to the people that I can relate to. Glad to be here.

Old 11-06-2006, 03:29 PM
WilliesSD250
Laughing Gas
Welcome to you too John. I'll try to get in touch with Mike and let him know we have three new members on board. If you read the thread "dinner again" you will see that we are trying to have a chapter get-to-gether later this week (I think) in Anchorage. Just a informal meeting, a chance to say hello to each other and probably discuss chapter news and events. Hope to see you there...

Old 11-13-2006, 03:27 AM
Matthew13
New User
Hey my name is Matthew and I just joined.
I'm 17 and drive a 03 F150 Supercab Xlt.
I live in Eagle River, Alaska right near Skyline.
For fun I like to Fish, Hunt, Ski, Snowmachine and play paintball.

Old 11-13-2006, 12:20 PM
WilliesSD250
Laughing Gas
Welcome Matthew. I'll give our fearless leader a little nudge and have him contact you with our Chapter info.

Old 11-14-2006, 05:13 PM
mlb4966
Posting Guru

Yeah Yeah I suck. Actually I have not gotten an email that anyone has responded to this thread. Thanks Chris for the heads up. Maybe this response will kick start the auto email response.

So welcome viper1-2001, Sockeye Salm and Matthew13. As Chris mentioned I try to have a dinner get-together once in awhile when in Anchorage. This last trip I was too busy shopping so it sorta slipped my mind. Not sure when I will get back over again and actually be spending the night there.

As for events and other things either check here at the Alaska Section or better yet PM me you home emails. In the past I would send out general information ie a welcome letter, a roster, ect but I havent done so in a few months. I have taken on another full time job, 2 now, so my free time has been somewhat limited. Hopefully here in the near future I can spend more time getting caught up with FTE items.

If you have any questions ask away.

Mike B

Last edited by mlb4966; 11-14-2006 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Grammer
Old 11-15-2006, 01:05 AM
gamble71
Junior User
well seeing as how I haven't posted in over a yr figured I'd reintroduce myself. Name's Gamble, stationed on Wainwright, and on my last winter. Got a 94 exploder with 6in lift and TrxUs's 33's. Like to step up to a diesel, but don't want the payment right now, wife just got a jeep. Working on restoring a 65 ImpalaSS if anyone wants to come help out, feel free. Pic of the exploder in action....

Old 12-14-2006, 04:25 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hello. I thought South East was part of Alaska. Didn't even get a howdy for joining the Alaska Chapter. Signed up right after joining FTE. Had offers to join other Chapters. Maybe I'll do that.
Sorry don't mean to rant or upset anyone. Going to be in anchorage for surgery the 19 through the 24. But we all know Alaska air lines and how some surgeries go so I expect to miss Christmas with the family. And a little scared of going under the knife again. E-Mail cottrells at starband dot net

Old 12-14-2006, 04:38 PM
greythorn3
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yblock

what u getting done from the surgeons? if you need anything while u in anchorage let me know. i dont got a job right now, and got allot of free time.

Ray

Old 12-14-2006, 04:41 PM
greythorn3
Posting Guru
our chapter

I think our chapter is dead there isnt ever activity in it, so i pretty much stay in the diesel forums and 73-79 also the 1965 forums.. hheehe but i do think its great you joined are forums so now maybe we can get a chatting in it and liven it up... u can join ours and still use other ones..

Ray

Old 12-14-2006, 04:46 PM
greythorn3
Posting Guru
Howdy!

Originally Posted by arctic y block
Hello. I thought South East was part of Alaska. Didn't even get a howdy for joining the Alaska Chapter. Signed up right after joining FTE. Had offers to join other Chapters. Maybe I'll do that.
Sorry don't mean to rant or upset anyone. Going to be in anchorage for surgery the 19 through the 24. But we all know Alaska air lines and how some surgeries go so I expect to miss Christmas with the family. And a little scared of going under the knife again. E-Mail cottrells at starband dot net
[B]"HOWDY! PARTNER!"[/B]

Old 12-14-2006, 05:27 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by greythorn3
what u getting done from the surgeons? if you need anything while u in anchorage let me know. i dont got a job right now, and got allot of free time.

Ray
Had a log roll of the top of my loaded logger a few years ago and crushed vertebrae and disks all the way down. had one done in Seattle that got my left leg to work again. but a long way from being right. Just some miner stuff in Anchorage this trip. PM or e mail me your phone # and if I get stuck in the street like they did at harbor view for 5 and a half hours It would be great to call someone to help. Thanks for the offer and Merry Christmas Friend.

Old 12-15-2006, 12:05 AM
WilliesSD250
Laughing Gas
On behalf of our Chapter Leader, I would like to apologize to anyone who didn't get a "welcome to the Alaska Chapter" Since our last Chapter Leader steped down about 2 years ago MLB4966 "Mike" has taken over the role as Chapter Leader. Mike announced last year about this time that he wished to step down as Chapter Leader and asked for someone else to assume the role. No one stepped forward, so he continued on as the CL. It is again time to make nominations for our chapter leader, assistant chapter leader, and other positions. If someone would like to assume the role of Chapter Leader, Mike has informed me that he is more than willing to step down
Do to his rigorus work schedule, other commitments and the fact that living in Valdez, prevents him from acting in the capacity that he would like to.
So, that being said, if any one would like to assume the role please feel free to contact either Mike- MLB4966 or myself.
He is neither offended, nor means to offend anyone in any way, but with all the "irons he has in the fire", the role as Chapter Leader is not a priority.
Again if you feel you know of someone or yourself that wishes to assume this role please contact us.

Old 12-15-2006, 12:21 AM
greythorn3
Posting Guru
chapter leader

if we could post up the requirments for this position it would help getting somone, since i would like to know what would be required also... i just wouldnt want to commit to somthing i didnt know what was required of me.

Please start a new thread showing the requirements..

Ray

Old 12-15-2006, 12:51 AM
mlb4966
Posting Guru

First let me say I do not get any notice that anyone has joined the chapter let alone any new replys to this thread. This is usually one of those perks that Chapter Leaders have but for me it has never worked in the past two years. I have tried to have this corrected at the FTE admin but it has gone nowhere in the past year. Yes I could check this on my free time but everyone needs to understand that I work two full time jobs totaling 400 hours per month. So what free time I do have I would like to spend with family but usually I just want to come home and sleep. As for have a new Chapter Leader I would love to see someone step up and run with it. I do not have the time to accomplish the task that I have listed below. I usually just have an 1/2 hour at work to reply to FTE items. I would like to start a new thread with the requirements but I was never given one. So I think some of the duties are as follows.

1. Rosters of all Chapter members.
2. Coordinate meetings/get togethers.
3. Promote Alaska Chapter FTE
4. Oversee any regional sub chapters if created.
5. Creation of Web Page
6. Monthly Chat Room Meetings
7. Quarterly Agenda Statements

OK so now I have listed some of the major topics I do feel the need to justifiy that for #1 only 20% of the members have given me an adaquate email other than the FTE one. I am not able to forward any items to that FTE address. #2. I have tried to make various attempts for camping or RV get togethers but the only ones that I have meet with has been AKBronco, WilliesSD250 and Greythorn. Last summer and the summer before I made plans for camping trips to Fairbanks but knowone showed up. We still drove up with the 5ther to have some fun. #4. Tried this but it went no-where. #5 Forget about it. Way to much time creating one of these. #6 No one shows. Been on there various times with WillisSD250 and no one else has shown up.#7. Once again I tried to have FTE admin create a thread that would stay on top of the AK Chapter section. IT would of been called agenda statements but they have never created that so there I sit.

Sorry if I am venting but understand that I have tried the best that I can with the free time that I have. What this chapter really needs is someone that is centerally located in either Anchorage/Matsu or Fairbanks. That person should also have some free time on their hands.

No

Old 12-15-2006, 01:10 AM
greythorn3
Posting Guru
i agree

I think that we do need a centrally located person also.... and i think you did great with the time you had.. its just sooo dead around here.. maybe more promotion would help.. i think what really hurt last summer was the gas prices.. i know i couldnt afford to do 1/4 the 4 wheeling trips i wanted..

Ray

Quick Reply: Introduce Ourselves!