Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alaska Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum152/)
-   -   Introduce Ourselves! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/327813-introduce-ourselves.html)

akford351 01-06-2005 12:08 PM

Introduce Ourselves!

I haven't been frequenting the forums all too often lately so I don't really know what members are from AK... so I thought it would be neat if we could post up our first names at least, where we're from and a little bit about ourselves.

I'm Ray, from St. Paul Island (Pribliofs... west of Anchorage, north of Dutch Harbor) I commercial fish for halibut during the summers and I like playing basketball, working on trucks and installing stereo equipment.
:-wink

mlb4966 01-06-2005 01:47 PM

Hi Ray, Mike from Valdez. FF/Medic with our city's FD. Try to spend what free time I have enjoying the outdoors and exploring some of the gold/ghost towns in my neck of the woods.

PS Have you received the chapter information, logo ect yet? If not let me know and I will point you in the right direction.

Cyberdoc 01-06-2005 03:02 PM

Hey Ray and Mike, Derek here, doc in Anchorage. Like to put stuff on my truck and pay others to fix the problems I cause doing so!

Happy truckin'

heavnbound 01-06-2005 05:31 PM

Well let me get in on this too!

I'm Wes from Fairbanks and I am a professional firefighter by trade. I too pay others to work on my truck (a man's gotta know his limitations - mine is mechanical!) but I do like to "dress up" my Excursion!

This was a good idea Ray, thanks for bringing this thread up!

Now let's hear from the rest of you!

PeeWee 01-06-2005 08:22 PM

Hi, my name is Linda! :-wink

Secretary of the Chapter. I am Personal Care Attendant for disabled young adults, here in Fairbanks. Before that a Special Ed Aide for the school district.

Nice to see more people looking to join! :)

greythorn3 01-06-2005 09:18 PM

hi im ray and a vehicle addict

Im ray from anchorage, im a mechanic that gets payed to fix your guys stuff you break putting on your things. Naw i work on Rv's but also like to work on cars. I live near 68th and lake otis. i have 4 fords, one 77.5 f250 reg cab, one 76 f250 reg cab, one 75 f250 crew cab short box, and a 84 ranger reg cab v6 that i have been trying to give away for free for 6 months now. all them are 4x4's. i also own 3 chevys. dont tell no one though. i like all trucks and several cars. im what you would call a vehicle nut. at least my neighbors think so. since that is all they can see when they look out the window. my driveway is like a parking lot. somtimes the yard TOO! always looking for barters and stuff with old trucks. I am a marine veteran also. 34 years old. got a girlfriend that im living with that doesnt care for vehicles much. guess that is where i get my ambition. hehehe naw i was like this before i meet her, then i only had 3 vehicles. at least i am working on my obsession, i did at one time have 9 vehicles. when i lived in arizona. by the way i was raised in alaska and minnesota. i am also a graphic designer. but due to low wages i went back to my hobby for income, mechanic. well thats about it for now. if you need to know more i will tell you.

Looking for friends back in anchorage

Ray T

Anchorage

psdinalaska 01-06-2005 09:54 PM

Hello everybody, I'm Gary from Slana. For those of you that don't know, Slana is on the Tok cutoff halfway between Glennallen and Tok. We live on the Nabesna Road and have a B & B that we run in the summer time. This winter we are in Homer helping out with my 90+ year old father-in-law. I'm living the Alaska dream.... I have three things that work... First my pickup (97PSD), second my fishing pole and lastly my wife...:) then she quit her job, well two out of three isn't so bad....

Alaska_PSD 01-07-2005 12:12 AM

Hello all, Jim here I have been in Alaska for 34 years 10 in Kenai 5 in Big lake and the rest of the time in Anchorage. I am a manager for a transportation company and have been with them for 18 years. I have 4 frod trucks also.
99 F150 s/c s/b 4x4 94 F3504x4 cc l/b Power stroke 86 F250 4x4 6.9 diesel plow truck and a 93 ranger s/c s/b 4x4. I enjoy the outdoors and My wife and I have 3 daughters. We have a cabin in Caribou hills which we really enjoy going to. Greythron, I would be interested in that ranger, I am looking to build a buggy for the hills??? Dose it run???
Anyways sorry to get off track but I kinda like trucks :-D :-D :-D
looking forward to see this chapter get started.
Take care
Jim :-X22 :-X22

greythorn3 01-07-2005 12:23 AM

yup

it been sitting for a few years but ran good when i got it going although it does need a flywheel ringgear, i put a new starter in it and it screatches. so could be alignment of that. look on denalifcu.org under trader its posted there for free. please come get it, i was gonna make it a buggy myself

EDIT:
the link to the ranger is here

http://www.denalifcu.org/trader_more.php?id=17365

Ray

Alaska_PSD 01-07-2005 12:53 AM

I looked for it on the credit union site but I didn't see it, can you maybe post a link to it. I would really like to get it, I have a trailer to haul it on. Can you maybe give me a call tomorrow and we can talk??? My work number is 907-283-2884 ask for Jim. If I am not there just leave a message and I will call you back, if that works for you.
Thanks again Jim

Crumm 01-09-2005 01:57 AM

Hello my name is Kevin and I am a Fordfourbyfouroholic. I currently have five Ford 4X4's and will not allow any Chevy's in the driveway. We moved to Alaska in 1994. I came to Alaska planning on staying for a three year job but never have gotten around to leaving (my wife still has hope).

Y2K350 01-10-2005 02:44 PM

Welcome all to the coolest chapter on FTE. :-X06

My Name is Tony and I am from Fairbanks. I work for a development company called Fountainhead Development. I am responsible for all of the telephone and computer systems in our many properties, including 4 hotels here in Fairbanks. So if anyone needs a place to stay let me know and I can hook you up with a good rate and a great place to stay.

I snowmachine in the winter and camp and fish in the summer. I currently own a 2003 F350 V10 Lariet cc to pull my 32' monster fifth wheel trailer. Pulls the snowmachine trailer very nicely also.

Glad to see a chapter for people in alaska that have so much in common.

Tony :-wink

hreed 01-10-2005 08:48 PM

Hi guys and gals. My name is Howard. Been living in Homer for about 15 years and don't plan to leave. I fly helicopters for a living and my wife owns an art gallery in town. I'm glad to see an Alaska chapter finally started. Was beginning to wonder if I was the only one! I found FTE when I was having problems with my Ranger, and was impressed with the answers and help.

roan65 01-11-2005 12:01 AM

Howdy everyone! I'm Shane from Fairbanks/Wasilla. I'm a heavy equipment operator and mechanic. I own 5 fords and one Dodge. 78 F-150, 78 F-250 supercab, 76 F-150 parts truck, 65 Mustang, and a 40 Coupe project, and an 04 Dodge Cummins. I a huge diesel nut, and classic car and truck nut.

Crumm, long time no chat. We need to get togaether and swap some more lies!

PSDinalaska, I was working on the road in chisto this fall and might be out there next summer. Might have to get togather.

look forward to meeting everyone else someday!

underdog76 01-11-2005 09:14 PM

Hey I'm Jason I live in Anchorage off of 84th and Lake Otis (not Far from Greythorn3) I have Oil in my blood (due to a early childhood mistake) :-rip
Drag racing is my life, my passon, and my calling. I'm in the process of rebuilding a 59 F100 Styleside Custom Cab with a 390 and a C6 as well as a 1976 Pinto Wagon Pro Mod (yes I said Pinto Wagon :-X07) that, if I beat 6.47 seconds in the quarter mile, will be the fastest Pinto in history. when I'm not obcessing over that I am doting on my wife of six months and performing crew chief duties on my dads 71 Pinto coupe (yes another Pinto!). While working I am a personal care provider for an amazing 15 year old. Thats about it I guess. I'm glad to finally be part of a chapter that has people that can actually relate to the grandure that is Alaska!