Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Sailor_Roy

Introductions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 10:51 PM
TWolf
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mt4Rusty,Just got back from camping and saw your note. I sent you a E-mail from your profile, don't know if I did it right. You got the right TWolf. Hope to talk soon to find out who you are.

Old 08-01-2004, 10:59 PM
TWolf
Elder User
Originally Posted by Fordlover1951
Tom, If you can make it, plan on coming up to Kalispell the week of August 15th -21st. You can read more about the meet farther down in this forum. Not a lot of people are probably going to show up, but we have a few fun activities planned, it's fair week and some mighty fine shooting may just happen out at mtflat's place. I checked it out this weekend and looks to be the perfect spot for a bunch of Ford Rowdys to hang at for a day or three. There's room for your RV there! So...hope you read this and then scope out the rest of the forum. And again...welcome aboard!
I would like to be there, however we are leaving for Yellowstone on the 15th and be gone for a week. Thanks for the invite and please keep me informed on any thing else.

Old 08-08-2004, 12:01 AM
defibvt
Freshman User
Howdy y'all from South Dakota

Howdy,

My name is Scott. I am 36 yrs old, like long moonlit walks on the beach and thunder storms...oops wrong forum let me start over. I hale from Sioux Falls, SD by way of MN, NM, and IA. I an RN at a small clinic here and work part time at a convenience store to help pay for my toys.

My truck is a Red '02 Ford Ranger 4x4 Offroad Edition. I bought it exactly 20 days ago and I love the truck. I have owned 3 Foads in the past. A Festiva which I like to call my F50, a '96 Ford F150 4x2 that cut it in NM but didn't in MN, and a Ford Taurus built in '90 and should be condemned but is still running even with 119000 miles and a sticky lifter and bad rear struts that made it look like a low rider gone wrong.

Don't let the RN title fool ya though, I do my own wrenching and have lifted and offroaded many a truck, just not Foad's.

Most of my interests lies in riding my motorcycle, an '03 HD Sporty Custom that has been rejetted and has louder pipes but not obnoxiously loud.

I have a 13 year old daughter who lives with her Mom. She is the love of my life.

Well, enough rambling. Got to get to bed and play slow pitch softball in a tourney tomorrow.

Old 08-08-2004, 12:24 AM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Welcome to FTE & the High Plains Drifters!

I'd like to chat... but I just got back from backpacking... and to say the least, I hurt all over... I'm off to bed too, I hope I can sleep in tomorrow morning....

Old 08-09-2004, 10:37 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
One of my best friends is an RN, and the only thing he likes better than his job is working on his British cars. He looks like a biker in scrubs, tattoos and all.

Old 08-09-2004, 12:23 PM
defibvt
Freshman User
Kinda fun to tell people I am RN when I walk into a Auotparts store covered in grease, oil and grime. Shocks them a bit. Although having to watch for cuts on my hands all the time is a pain in the butt.

Old 08-26-2004, 10:30 PM
theologian
Postmaster
Smile

Hi guys.....

Introduction time. I am now officially a HPD... I bought me a ranch in western South Dakota, a one quarter section, and will be developing it next year - it is too close to fall and frost to try doing things this year.

Any how, i got me a place in the wide open High Plains, and am glad to be here.

(I also got me a small place in Indiana, which will be main home, until I get everything built on the South Dakota land..

For those intersted I now own: SE1/4 Section 11, T13NR4E Black Hills Meridian, South Dakota... Yeah... All there is there just now is a 1/2 mile of dirt road, and a somewhat muddy creek. And a lot of open space.. But I will be building there in the next couple of years, starting in early summer next year - I will clear me a site for a shed, a house and a barn, in that order.

I am kind of happy about this..

Theo

Old 08-26-2004, 10:48 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Thats awesome Theo!

Its good to have you back, place hasn't been the same!

Old 08-26-2004, 10:53 PM
theologian
Postmaster
Thank you so much, buddy.. i have kind of missed the internet altogether this last 6 months.. I really must find a way to keep connected when I go walkabout.. (actually this time I was really busy, but still need to find a satellite connection that costs less than $5000.

Theo

Old 08-27-2004, 09:15 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Welcome to the Drifters, Theo. I usually send an email to all new members, but since you have it turned off, I gotta welcome you here... which is all fine and wonderful also. I know you've been around here a lot longer than I and many others and I am personally honored that you would join the Drifters. I am also glad to see you back on-line. Your advice and posts show considerable thought and are greatly welcomed back, by a lot more folks than myself.

Thanks for joining us!

Old 08-27-2004, 04:29 PM
theologian
Postmaster
What a nice welcome.. now I got to behave....

Theo

Old 09-04-2004, 02:05 AM
Diesel Truck Driver
New User
OK, my name is Jamey, I live in the Black Hills (5600 feet elev.) of South Dakota, and I am 42. My true love is Jeeps, but I have owned some Fords. First was a 1966 Bronco half cab. Even had the original no reverse light tail lights. Next was a 72 Bronco, then an 80 Bronco that my brother now owns, and now my current 95 F-250 PSD. Why the Jeeps? Yesterday I took my F-250 4 wheeling in an area that is only 2 wheeling in my CJ-7. Different vehicles, different uses. Dad owns 4 or 5 Ford diesels, I lose track.
I take great pride in saying EVERY vehicle my wife and I own is a V-8. Mine are a 78 CJ-7 with a 304 and a 95 xtended cab long box PSD F-250 4wd, my wifes is a 97 Grand Cherokee with a 5.2L V-8, and WE own a 91 Buick Roadmaster Estate wagon. Ultimate traveling vehicle. Big, comforatable, V-8, and Big. Has been to Glacier, UP in Michigan, and Pheonix for vacations. Might get rid of it with the addition of the Powerstroke, but my wife who never wanted a station wagon doesn't want to let it go.

Really like the forum, and it is great seeing all the people who responded to this.

Old 09-04-2004, 06:30 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Welcome to the High Plains...and to FTE!

Old 09-04-2004, 07:01 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'll 2nd that! And thanks matt for beating me to the howdy. Today was wife's and my play day. Wend down to the big city of Plains for their county fair..porked out, got stung by a nasty hornet and had a good time in general.

Old 09-09-2004, 10:47 PM
roughneck101
Freshman User
I'm back again, posted once, then work decided to get extremely busy and the oilfield never stops. But I'm back again in full force.

A little about myself suppose, I'm a supervisor for a large oilfield services company in southwest wyoming.

I spend 60%+ of my time at work. On my free time I spend it equally between the internet, guns and my truck.

I'm very knowledgeable about firearms, so if you have any questions feel free to ask.
As far as my truck is concerned, I dont know much about it. Its a 2003 F350SD, 7.3L Crew Cab, I did have our shop mechanic throw a banks power pack on it with a pyrometer and boost gauge.

Quick Reply: Introductions.