TSD Logistics Fuel Program?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 09:43 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,466 Likes on 2,855 Posts
Question TSD Logistics Fuel Program?

Anyone heard of or using this "TSD Logistics Fuel Program"?

We have a Pilot/Flying J RV card which allows us to fill up at the commercial diesel lanes without going into the register and authorizing the fuel purchase first. The Pilot/Flying J card works great and we use it during our cross country travels. Although, we are not always near a Pilot/Flying J as we get further out west where we stop at Love's, TA or whatever. I ran across this TSD Logistics Fuel Program today just by chance and thought what a great idea it was. This TSD Logistics Fuel Program apparently allows for private diesel owners like me to fill up at most/all fuel stops in the commercial diesel lanes WITHOUT going into the register to authorize the fuel purchase first.

In addition to the personal convenience aspect of the program, apparently it can save me/us a lot of money over time. There is a discount offered each time you fill up based on how much the company has purchased. The discount can be nothing which means you pay full price at the pump, or it can be upwards of .50 (50 cents) per gallon, or more. TSD Logistics charges a fee of 10% of the savings off the pump price, but if there is no savings to you, then there is no fee paid to TSD Logistics. Makes sense to me, but I need to look into it and hear/read some opinions on the actual usage. Let the research begin...

Anyone have first or second hand experience with this company or fuel program?

https://www.tsdlogistics.com/services/fuel-program/

Old 11-13-2019, 10:18 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
In addition, I asked the questions below to the company and received answers less than 2 minutes later.

On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 10:04 AM Sous wrote:Hello, I am interested in signing up for the TSD Logistics Fuel Program, but have a couple of questions.

Is there an annual or monthly fee associated with the card?

Is there a penalty or fee if the card is not used for a month, two months or longer?

Is there a "minimum use" policy?

Answer from TSD Logistics: The answer to all is no. We would love to have you.

Old 11-13-2019, 12:30 PM
scraprat
Lead Driver
Received 2,503 Likes on 1,308 Posts
Giving a SSN# to save $ on fuel is not worth the risk.

Old 11-13-2019, 01:53 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by scraprat
Giving a SSN# to save $ on fuel is not worth the risk.
A SSN is not as secure as it used to be and is not that much of a security risk anymore. Right off the top of my head, a car loan, mortgage and employment opportunities are all where SSN is normally required. After being in the military for 22 years, 3 months and 27 days, my SSN is all over the world and has been compromised more times than I have been to Wal-mart. Identity theft can happen to anyone. Performing annual credit reports on yourself and banking with institutions that have good identity theft policies in place is what matters.

Getting back on topic...

I am looking for convenience in filling up, the savings are merely a bonus. Currently the steps are pulling up to a Love's (or whatever non Pilot/Flying J) commercial pump, going in to leave my credit card at the register, or authorize $200 on the card. Returning to the pump to fuel the truck and auxiliary tank. Then going back to the register to pay for the fuel. Then returning to the truck to leave the fuel station. With the TDS commercial fuel card I will have the ability to pull up to the pump, pay for fuel at the pump and then be on my way.

I have done some research and I have seen a few complaints for the services offered by TDS Logistics, but for the most part they are offering what appears to be a great service for people like me.

Thank you for your feedback, I do appreciate it.

The following 3 users liked this post by Sous:
Old 11-13-2019, 02:44 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,422 Likes on 1,015 Posts
I have the pilot/flying J card too, very convenient.

:Locally I use a Southern States fuel card for the truck lanes, no cut off, no pay first.

I would be interested.

What I really wish is since pilot is already using EFS is that it could be expanded.

Old 11-13-2019, 02:57 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
I too wish that Pilot/Flying J would expand to other commercial lane fuel stops. Although, I have inquired about this and they currently have zero plans for anything like that. I have asked at Love's, TA and other commercial fuel stops about a "loyalty card' or something similar as to what Pilot/Flying J offer and the answer has always been no. I even called and emailed Love's cooperate and again, their answer was no. Perhaps that is because they are already in bed with companies such as TSD Logistics, I don't know. I just think it is damn silly to walk back and forth the truck 4 times when I am simply trying to fill up with diesel fuel.

I am not very comfortable with leaving my card at the register as there is a much higher chance for identity theft that way. I don't like authorizing $200 on the card either, even though that has never been a problem and I have never mistakenly been charged more than the fuel cost.

Since we travel cross country, rarely do we stop at the same fuel stop anywhere with the truck and trailer. Although, I would say that 90% of them are Love's or Pilot/Flying J. Once in a while I will fill up the truck without the trailer before leaving the campground and then go to a Chevron, BP, Marathon, whatever...

If anyone knows of another program offered by another company other than TSD Logistics that offers a similar benefit for private diesel owners, I would be more than happy to look into them as well.

Old 11-13-2019, 04:54 PM
Caribou350
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is a 5th couple that just did a video on the two you speak of. The TSD won big! Look them up under the name “Changing Lanes”.

Old 11-13-2019, 05:08 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Caribou350, thanks for your recommendation. I watched the Changing Lanes video and thought it was a good resource of knowledge on the program and how it works in the real world. I plan to do some more research and hope for more input here on the FTE before committing to the program.

Thanks again!

There are some rather long threads on other forums that I have read through with nearly all positive comments from real world people using the TDS Logistics fuel program. We are not sold yet, but are cautiously optimistic...

EDIT: Here is a link to another YouTube RV family that has been with the TDS Logistics fuel program for a bit and has positive things to say about it as well.

https://rvlove.com/2019/09/19/discou...discount-card/

The more I read about this, the more I see that some people are paying less for diesel than we are paying for gasoline...

Old 11-13-2019, 05:40 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,422 Likes on 1,015 Posts
I just watched their video. Rather uninformed on several things...what is a reefer, DEF fillup issues. But there is some good info on the process that is pretty well known.

Old 11-13-2019, 05:53 PM
machmedic
Laughing Gas
Received 106 Likes on 61 Posts
I just watched that couples video yesterday too, I guess great minds think alike. Lol

Old 11-13-2019, 06:02 PM
87crewdually
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Caribou350
There is a 5th couple that just did a video on the two you speak of. The TSD won big! Look them up under the name “Changing Lanes”.
That's the video that spiked my interest. I applied for the card when that video came out and am waiting for the phone call for the next step.

Old 11-13-2019, 06:23 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,725 Likes on 2,757 Posts
I too have the PFJ RV Plus card. Paying cash price at the big rig lanes is a no brainer. My truck/trailer is less likely to encounter a situation where I hit something and I pay a good price for fuel.

If I venture outside the PFJ service area then I'll likely look into other options like the TSD Logistics program, or perhaps a card for the specific truck stop I would use.

I didn't watch the video since I'm working, but I did read the RVLove web page. Without doing the math, it looks like they average around $.50 savings per gallon after TSD takes their cut. I would have to look at what the cash vs credit price is the next time I'm at PFJ and also take into account my RV Plus discount of $.08, but $.50 with the TSD card isn't shabby at all.

Old 11-13-2019, 07:11 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
The article written by RV Love I linked above has a lot more details about the program and how it works.

I have read 100's of posts across the internet and the consensus seems to be this is a good program. My wife and I are going to mull over it for a few days and probably apply for the card. With our traveling across the country, the Pilot/Flying J card does save us some money, but not anything close to what the TSD card would. Again, the biggest benefit for me is the fact that I could fill up at a lot more commercial diesel pumps without going in to the register to authorize the purchase first.

Since we normally travel with our 2 dogs and my wife in a chase car (Subaru), I could lend a hand in whatever way I was needed instead of waiting in lines and seeing the same register attendant twice in 10 minutes.

I encourage anyone interested to read the RV Love article, which I have linked again below for ease of finding.

https://rvlove.com/2019/09/19/discou...discount-card/

Old 11-14-2019, 12:03 PM
sc7903
Cross-Country
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I learned of TSD from the Grand Design forum and I signed up about two months ago. I've been saving in fuel costs and I like being able to activate the pump from the Loves app. Loves seems to have the largest savings, T/A second, and it seems Pilot/Flying J savings are getting better. Auto draft is set up from a second checking account, I simply moved funds into it as required.

Old 11-15-2019, 09:30 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
We have decided we will be applying for the EFS/WEX card sponsored by TDS Logistics. We are traveling a bit until the middle of December, so once we return home I will submit the online form and begin using the fuel card once I have received it. Luckily there is a Love's station at exit 4 on I-85 just across the SC border that I will probably start filling the truck up at. I have a 75 gallon capacity and drive just as far as that Love's station anyway to fill up since we live in the country of north GA.

I will cancel my Pilot/Flying J card since the savings from the TDS Logistics EFS card will almost certainly match or beat the Pilot/Flying J discount.

Thank you for your contributions for those that did and I will update in the future after I have some first hand experience with the EFS card.

Quick Reply: TSD Logistics Fuel Program?