Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Side mirrior recomendations..

Old 04-17-2018, 07:50 PM
AllaboutMPG
Postmaster
AllaboutMPG is a splendid one to beholdAllaboutMPG is a splendid one to beholdAllaboutMPG is a splendid one to beholdAllaboutMPG is a splendid one to beholdAllaboutMPG is a splendid one to beholdAllaboutMPG is a splendid one to beholdAllaboutMPG is a splendid one to behold
The plastic housing on mine fits just a little bit loose at the top as well but to be honest so did the original mirrors. You can see there's a little Gap at the top in the pictures but I have rain guards that tuck in behind them and the fit is almost exactly like the mirrors that came on the truck. I'm not worried about sealing up because there's so much insulation and Rubber seal on the new mirrors that with the bolts pulled down tight it's fully sealed.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:25 PM
bigb56
Posting Guru
bigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to behold
The new mirrors did their job last week, definitely made backing the boat trailer easier. Here are some of the guys lined up just after we crossed the border into Mexico, waiting for the rest still going through behind us. Mine is the white rig with the Thule and boat. We were a formidable bunch and no one dared to mess with us

Old 04-26-2018, 09:12 PM
bigb56
Posting Guru
bigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to behold
Has anyone connected the tun signal on the ebay ones? One of the reviewers said it was very fainy, barely visible. I am wondering if he only looked at it from inside the truck. I was hoping when I get around to connecting them it will make lane changing easier when towing

Old 04-27-2018, 06:28 AM
Sous
Post Fiend
Sous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant future
Pretty certain Afmedic did. I know he changed the bulbs in them at least to LED. I think it was further up in this thread.

Old 04-27-2018, 07:02 AM
afmedic
Elder User
afmedic has a good reputation on FTE.afmedic has a good reputation on FTE.
The bulbs that come with them suck, but if you replace them with LEDs it's not bad at all

Old 05-10-2018, 09:46 AM
jimjokjv
Senior User
jimjokjv is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
I bought these and am very happy with them. They are much better than the OEM towing mirrors.

afmedic bought them first, then AllAboutMPG and I followed. We have all been happy with them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/for-99-07-F...72.m2749.l2649

and

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post17796618
Place my order for these mirrors today. I will let you know how the install goes.

Old 05-17-2018, 11:05 PM
jimjokjv
Senior User
Got the eBay mirrors and they look very nice. Much bigger than my stock mirrors.
I plan to wire in the turn signals and parking lights per the link provided above. Also bought a set of power door lock actuators that I will install at the same time.

Old 05-19-2018, 10:08 AM
jstihl
Elder User
jstihl is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by bigb56 View Post
I've never returned anything from ebay....I suppose you just pay return shipping?
Just thought i would add that i emailed the company that i bought the mirrors from on ebay and explained they did not fit correctly. They sent me a brand new pair for FREE, without having to return the old ones. Being that they were $120 , i thought that was pretty impressive...

Old 05-21-2018, 09:38 AM
axmrdr
Senior User
axmrdr is starting off with a positive reputation.
I ordered a pair this morning. I've hit my mirrors on trees, garage doorways etc... they're brittle and showing their age. Replaced the aging headlights last year and it made a huge difference on the looks of the truck These should make the truck look brand new ;-)

Old 05-21-2018, 09:58 AM
jimjokjv
Senior User
I installed the driver's side mirror yesterday. The mirrors did not require alteration before mounting as I had thought they might based on other posts. Took a little bit to get them lined up properly but once I did it slid into place.
The adapter they provide hooked up just fine and I tested the mirror controls and everything worked as it should. This took about 20 minutes including removing the door panel. The next 2 hours were spent wiring the turn signals and parking lights.
The mirrors do not come with any instructions or wiring schematics. In fact, I couldn't even find a manufacturer's name on them. I'm still not sure how to access the side marker and turn signal bulbs for replacement.
Wiring the mirrors was more difficult than I had thought it would be. The wire colors on the new mirror were different, the colors on the adapter from the new mirror to the OEM plug were different and the colors designated on my F250 wiring manual were different from what was actually on the truck.
Fishing the wires through the flexible tube from the door to the cab was real trying. I found unplugging the tube from the cab side and collapsing it as best I could made this much easier, however there are plenty of obstacles to maneuver around inside the cab as well.
I ended up removing the gauge cluster to gain better access to the wiring.
When soldering the wires for the driver's side, I went ahead and did the passenger's side also and fed them under the dash to the glove box area. Later today I hope to tackle the passenger's side install.

Old 05-22-2018, 05:38 PM
jimjokjv
Senior User
Finished the installation today.
New mirrors with power adjust, parking and turn signal lights.
New power lock actuators.
To top it all off, I remembered I had brand new Kicker front speakers still in the box I had bought for my previous truck and never installed.

I like these mirrors (ebay brand from link provided by Sous) as they are much bigger and provide more visibility than the stock ones. Can't wait to see the difference when hauling the 5th wheel with these mirrors rather than the cheapo rubber band extenders I have been using.

Old 05-22-2018, 05:39 PM
jimjokjv
Senior User
Need to know how to replace the parking light/turn signal bulbs. Did anyone post a thread on that?

Old 05-22-2018, 05:44 PM
Sous
Post Fiend
Sous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant future
afmedic did it. I think he said it was the same as replacing them on the OEM style and there was some sort of release or catch that you could move from the mirror side.

Old 05-22-2018, 06:30 PM
jimjokjv
Senior User
Thanks, I will see if I can figure it out. The side lights do seem a bit dim.

For anyone buying these mirrors: https://www.ebay.com/p/for-99-07-For...p2047675.l2644

The wire coding is as follows:
New Mirror wiring:
White - attaches to black, on OEM plug on 2000 model
Yellow - attaches to Dk Blue (left side) Brown (right side) on OEM plug on 2000 model
Orange - attaches to Red (left side) Green (right side) on OEM Plug on 2000 model
Blue - powers the parking light (lower light on mirror)
Red - powers turn signal light
Gray - powers heat
Black - Ground

Old 05-22-2018, 10:02 PM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
Yo Jim, think i can speak for the rest of us that will be ordering mirrors in the near future..thanks man, for color code orientation👍

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.