Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Side mirrior recomendations..

Old 04-03-2018, 09:45 PM
jstihl
Elder User
jstihl is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by PQH350 View Post
Which headlights did you buy?
actually John (Colorado 350) was nice enough to give me the stock headlights off of his truck since he upgraded to led. I had the box style lights that come on the work trucks

Old 04-04-2018, 03:08 PM
Dude-Ford
Senior User
Dude-Ford is starting off with a positive reputation.
Those eBay mirrors look great, how in the heck do you go about wiring the running lights and turn signals though? Might have to be me a pair.

Old 04-04-2018, 04:10 PM
brian42
Postmaster
brian42 is a splendid one to beholdbrian42 is a splendid one to beholdbrian42 is a splendid one to beholdbrian42 is a splendid one to beholdbrian42 is a splendid one to beholdbrian42 is a splendid one to beholdbrian42 is a splendid one to beholdbrian42 is a splendid one to behold
There are many write-ups out there. Here is one of them:

Attached Files
Old 04-04-2018, 05:56 PM
bigb56
Posting Guru
bigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Dude-Ford View Post
Those eBay mirrors look great, how in the heck do you go about wiring the running lights and turn signals though? Might have to be me a pair.
I was hoping they'd be plug and play for my 02.

Old 04-04-2018, 06:05 PM
brian42
Postmaster
brian42 is a splendid one to beholdbrian42 is a splendid one to beholdbrian42 is a splendid one to beholdbrian42 is a splendid one to beholdbrian42 is a splendid one to beholdbrian42 is a splendid one to beholdbrian42 is a splendid one to beholdbrian42 is a splendid one to behold
You can get the right plug on it from 1A and they are plug and play...but only for the functions you already had. Heat, turn, and marker lights have to be wired as your truck did not come with those functions wired to the door plug.

Old 04-06-2018, 01:43 AM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by jstihl View Post
Well i finally broke one of my side mirrors off backing a huge trailer down a narrow path. Just would like some input on what mirrors you guys have used as replacements or should i go back with the stock mirrors? I do alot of towing and would like to put something on that i don't have to do a lot of modifications to "make it work". thanks for any help
The Excursion forum has been leading the charge (so to speak) for replacement aftermarket towing mirrors for the '99 - '05 body style for years now. (Ex years are 2000 - 2005, but I included the '99 MY truck because it's the same). The Ex guys have been doing this mod for quite a few years and we have a few tech write-ups for installing and wiring them up in the tech folder.

Originally Posted by AllaboutMPG View Post
Start reading this thread on page 3 post #30. Several of us have purchased these mirrors from an ebay seller thanks to afmedic's suggestion and have been very happy with them. Much better field of view.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...anyways-2.html
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
I bought these and am very happy with them. They are much better than the OEM towing mirrors.

afmedic bought them first, then AllAboutMPG and I followed. We have all been happy with them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/for-99-07-Ford-F250-F550-Super-Duty-Towing-Mirrors-Pair-Power-Heated-Turn-Light/391780529813?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid =p2057872.m2749.l2649

and

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post17796618
I was unaware ebay had been recommended to you guys. I hope your experience is better than the guys who have tried them before. We actually steer people away from ebay because of the poor track record reported over the years by some. 1A Auto, a supporting vendor here, has been our go-to place because of the quality of the mirrors they sell has a proven track record with I-can't-even-guess how many units sold because of the Ex forum.

Originally Posted by brian42 View Post
I have the '03-'07 style tow mirrors from 1A Auto (180 degree swing, power, heat, and lights). They look OEM and have been great for the 3-ish years I've been using them.

https://www.1aauto.com/search?q=mirror&year=2002&model=1525
Had a set on my old '99, I have a set on my wife's Ex, and I have a set on my current '04.

Stewart

Old 04-06-2018, 06:06 AM
SRBF150
Elder User
SRBF150 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.SRBF150 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I just installed the ebay set and I think they're pretty good so far, we'll see how they work over time. The fit is good but not great. The top of the mount sticks away from the door frame which leads me to wonder if the seal is intact. Otherwise, they look good, work properly in terms of adjustment and the visibility is much better than the oem mirrors. The A1 mirrors may fit better but cost 2x however, as we all know, if these ebay end up not doing well, spending 3x to do it right is miserable....

Old 04-06-2018, 08:25 AM
L-ight
Senior User
L-ight is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by SRBF150 View Post
I just installed the ebay set and I think they're pretty good so far, we'll see how they work over time. The fit is good but not great. The top of the mount sticks away from the door frame which leads me to wonder if the seal is intact. Otherwise, they look good, work properly in terms of adjustment and the visibility is much better than the oem mirrors. The A1 mirrors may fit better but cost 2x however, as we all know, if these ebay end up not doing well, spending 3x to do it right is miserable....
From the other thread some people said you need to grind down some of the plastic tab.

Old 04-06-2018, 10:01 AM
brian42
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
1A Auto, a supporting vendor here, has been our go-to place because of the quality of the mirrors they sell has a proven track record with I-can't-even-guess how many units sold because of the Ex forum.
You guys are the ones who steered me to 1A and I've been very happy with them. OEM fit, plug and play, and great customer service.

Old 04-06-2018, 12:27 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
It's been a few years now, so maybe the ones sold through ebay have gotten better at holding up over time.

Stewart

Old 04-06-2018, 09:17 PM
bigb56
Posting Guru
bigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
It's been a few years now, so maybe the ones sold through ebay have gotten better at holding up over time.

Stewart
I wish I would have waited a couple days and seen your post, I would probably have ordered the ones from 1A as I do like quality. I'll see what they look like when they arrive.

Old 04-08-2018, 08:42 AM
afmedic
Elder User
afmedic has a good reputation on FTE.afmedic has a good reputation on FTE.afmedic has a good reputation on FTE.
There is some plastic you have to remove on the Ebay one. Look at my thread that is referenced above and it'll show you what needs to be done.

Old 04-08-2018, 09:01 AM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
Just went to 1auto. I dig the 08-10 style power but non power telescoping, for 235.00. Gotta get the wifes blessing to throw that cheese down...i dig the mini markers than the 04 style

Old 04-08-2018, 10:52 AM
bigb56
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by afmedic View Post
There is some plastic you have to remove on the Ebay one. Look at my thread that is referenced above and it'll show you what needs to be done.
Do the ebay ones rattle?

Old 04-08-2018, 04:42 PM
jstihl
Elder User
jstihl is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by bigb56 View Post
I wish I would have waited a couple days and seen your post, I would probably have ordered the ones from 1A as I do like quality. I'll see what they look like when they arrive.
I agree, mine will be here on Thursday and I will post how the quality turns out. If anything I may return and get the ones from 1A Auto since mine aren't the same ones that sous recommended

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.