Always something, but I love her anyways. - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Always something, but I love her anyways.

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Always something, but I love her anyways.

Old 01-26-2018, 07:25 AM
afmedic
Elder User
afmedic has a good reputation on FTE.afmedic has a good reputation on FTE.
Well as usual my truck eats my paycheck! I ordered my exhaust, a new intake tube (mine has a crack in it at the turbo), the 6637 kit, and all new boots for the IC tubes/plenum from clay. Now to wait for my box with the yellow tape! $500 disappears quick!

Old 01-26-2018, 10:34 AM
Sous
Post Fiend
Sous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant future
It does, but it sure beats $50,000 for a newer truck and it sounds a lot better.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:41 AM
afmedic
Elder User
It sure as hell does! I finally hooked up my EGT probe today too. She's coming together!

As I'm typing this, I just got my email that my riff raff order has shipped!

Old 01-26-2018, 11:02 AM
Sous
Post Fiend
Sous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant future
Keep at it, piece by piece it will be what you want it and need it to be. My truck is great and pulls our 12K lbs 5th wheel around the country. I hold my own going up and down grades just like the new trucks do. I may not have 7 cameras with 360 viewing, but I don't have DEF or a truck that you cannot fix on the side of the road either. My exhaust system was $275, check the price of a new truck or even a truck that is 5 years old.

Do what you need to first, then do what you want to. Soon you will walk away from it smiling and looking forward to the next time you get to fire it up.

Old 01-26-2018, 11:07 AM
afmedic
Elder User
I paid 300 for the 5" exhaust. Little overkill for now, but I like the way it sounds over the 4 inch! It's coming together little by little. I already prefer to take the truck over the charger! As much as I'd like a new truck, it's the look I like more than the motor. I may just update the front end to the 2012 style so I can have a "new" truck with the 7.3!

Old 01-27-2018, 10:01 AM
afmedic
Elder User
I love Amazon! Ordered yesterday morning and already here! I know 5" is bigger than factory, but this thing is monstrous!

Old 01-27-2018, 01:36 PM
Sous
Post Fiend
There is a reason why Bezos is now the richest man on the planet.

Old 01-28-2018, 08:45 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud of
Nice work man! I love watching some new life breathed into these trucks. Following along!

Old 01-31-2018, 11:41 AM
afmedic
Elder User
I ordered my tow mirrors today from eBay for $127 for the pair. They had great reviews so we will see!

Old 01-31-2018, 06:35 PM
afmedic
Elder User
Huge difference in the size of the new exhaust! Almost done with it. Just waiting on a buddy to come over and help me with the down pipe clamp and I'll be done

Old 01-31-2018, 07:40 PM
Sous
Post Fiend
Looking good! The exhaust will make a big difference in the sound, that is for sure.

I am very curious about the mirrors you have on order. I look forward to your thoughts on them in regard to build quality and if they vibrate going down the road.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:49 PM
afmedic
Elder User
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
Looking good! The exhaust will make a big difference in the sound, that is for sure.
You weren't kidding! Just fired it up and holy cow! It sounds amazing! I will definitely post up how the mirrors do. The reviews looked good on them so we will see

Old 02-01-2018, 06:16 PM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
ExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant future
"Sounds" like you're getting her all fixed up! LOL.

I've had a new fuel bowl heater for 3 yrs, no issues. I read it was just the flat ones that built up junk and then shorted out.

Keep up the good work!

Old 02-01-2018, 06:18 PM
afmedic
Elder User
I may end up getting one. Not sure yet. The title of this thread is perfect though. Went to put on my 6637 today and realized that the last guy cut the intake tube, so now I have one of those on order

Old 02-02-2018, 04:52 PM
afmedic
Elder User
Mirrors!

Well Sous, the mirrors came in today! I haven't had time to put them on, so ill do a 2 part review for ya. Part 1 is the in boxing. They came extremely well packed with a non abrasive wrap over the mirror, and we'll fitting bubble wrap. Thread protectors on all mounting studs, new nuts, and even an adapter to plug them in to the factory wiring. The mirrors appear well built. They fit together nice, the glass is Crystal clear with no distortion, and the glass doesn't wobble at all when you push on it. Seems like they'll hold up well on the highway, but we'll see next week when I get them on. The smoked signal/marker lights look good too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Always something, but I love her anyways.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.