Notices

Forum update?

Old 03-03-2018, 12:01 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Yahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputation
Ok so where did the font type selector go to?

Old 03-03-2018, 09:36 AM
56panelford
Posting Legend
56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
Ever since I tried to do a screen shot I can't post a picture from off the web,says it has too many characters and needs to be under 30,000 characters. I'm sorry I even tried to do it now because I'm not smart enough to fix what I broke...

Old 03-03-2018, 03:19 PM
56panelford
Posting Legend
56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
(The text that you have entered is too long (961245 characters). Please shorten it to 30000 characters long.)

I keep getting this message when trying to post a picture from the web , I've tried countless times with different photos that no one else seems to be having trouble with. frustrating

Old 03-03-2018, 03:57 PM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.
Alt+S is still broken. I've been using that feature on forums for years. I"m so used to it that I've lost posts because I hit Alt+S and closed the browser tab thinking the post was submitted.

Old 03-03-2018, 10:25 PM
Deuce40s
Elder User
Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.
Why do you use Alt+S instead of the Post Reply? It seems like if you took the time to write a reply you'd want to make sure it was accepted. Closing the browser tab after posting seems especially short sighted... The alt key shouldn't be considered a day-to-day function.

Old 03-03-2018, 10:29 PM
1TonBasecamp
Posting Guru
1TonBasecamp is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.1TonBasecamp is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Heck, I've been so paranoid of losing a post (because it takes me hours to type it sometimes!) that I started using "CTRL C" (copy) every single one before I hit Post Reply in any forum. It got so bad not long ago that I started using "CTRL X" (cut) so I was sure that I was getting the job done saving what I'd typed.
But that was more of a keyboard/user problem than any forum shortcomings.

But I do have one suggestion. I use the Forum Jump a lot, so would like to see it show up higher on the screen. Just below the "Edit Tags" line would be great, so scrolling down is not needed to access it each time.

Thanks

Paul

Old 03-03-2018, 10:37 PM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Deuce40s View Post
Why do you use Alt+S instead of the Post Reply? It seems like if you took the time to write a reply you'd want to make sure it was accepted. Closing the browser tab after posting seems especially short sighted... The alt key shouldn't be considered a day-to-day function.
Because I'm old school and I get more done using the keyboard.

Alt+S is a forum feature that has been working for years. It's broken now. Hover your mouse over the Post Quick Reply button (seen when you aren't quoting a post) and it will still say (Alt+S) is a shortcut for pressing the button with the mouse.

Old 03-03-2018, 10:41 PM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 1TonBasecamp View Post
Heck, I've been so paranoid of losing a post (because it takes me hours to type it sometimes!) that I started using "CTRL C" (copy) every single one before I hit Post Reply in any forum. It got so bad not long ago that I started using "CTRL X" (cut) so I was sure that I was getting the job done saving what I'd typed.
But that was more of a keyboard/user problem than any forum shortcomings.
Every once in a while when I've typed a long post I'll copy the text before posting. I've been burned before so I understand why you do it.

Old 03-03-2018, 10:44 PM
khadma
Carpenter Local 745
khadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant future
The site looks like other IB sites, the old FTE was sort of unique and I was so used to it.

Can you guys make a DOS look for April foolsʻ day. Do some of you remember when they changed "Ford" to "Chevy" one year?

Any way IB, keep up the good work!

Old 03-04-2018, 12:18 AM
madpogue
Post Fiend
madpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to behold
The alt key shouldn't be considered a day-to-day function.
Um, keyboards with the ALT key have been around longer than the mouse. Keyboards are just plain faster. There are data entry functions that would be absolutely crippled without the ALT key.

Old 03-04-2018, 10:44 AM
Deuce40s
Elder User
Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by madpogue View Post
Um, keyboards with the ALT key have been around longer than the mouse. Keyboards are just plain faster. There are data entry functions that would be absolutely crippled without the ALT key.
The context was posting on forums, not data entry.

Old 03-04-2018, 11:16 AM
madpogue
Post Fiend
madpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to behold
Um, posting on forums is a form of data entry....

Back on topic, the quick reply editor window at the bottom of the thread page doesn't seem to appear every time. Evidently just as of today.

Old 03-04-2018, 11:23 AM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by madpogue View Post
Um, posting on forums is a form of data entry....

Back on topic, the quick reply editor window at the bottom of the thread page doesn't seem to appear every time. Evidently just as of today.
Agreed. Posting is a form of data entry. Thank you for supporting this.

I still see the quick reply editor and have have been using it today. By quick reply I mean the multiline edit box that allows you to post a reply with quoting a prior post.

Old 03-04-2018, 11:25 AM
madpogue
Post Fiend
Hmm, now the QR editor is appearing normally. Shrug, maybe it was a one-off thing with my browser.

Old 03-04-2018, 01:08 PM
fordmantpw
Posting Guru
fordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by HRTKD View Post
The ALT+S keystroke no longer submits a post. The "Post Quick Reply" button still says "Alt+S" when you hover over it with your mouse.
I hear ya! I use ALT+S all the time when sending emails, so I'm so used to it. Took me a while to figure what was up when it quit working. Such a PITA when you are used to it!

The ALT key has so many uses, it's pretty short-sighted to not use it. Those of us who use a keyboard all day every day get used to these shortcuts and are lost without them. You should see how much folks who really know how to use a keyboard use the ALT, CTRL, Fn and Window keys. Very short-sighted not to take them into consideration.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Forum update?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.