Notices

Forum update?

Old 02-28-2018, 01:32 PM
madpogue
Post Fiend
madpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Turd-250 View Post
if i had any pictures on my desktop lol! its funny cause 1 year ago i didn't have a smart phone, didn't care about anything related to them, and i wouldn't have had these 'problems' ... first world problems right? lol!. nowdays? shoot, that stupid phone dictates way more in my life than i want! RANT TIME! now everyone can get ahold of me from any of their devices for any reason through any method at any time ... boooo!!!! i miss my razr flip phone!
Nothing a ball peen hammer won't fix....

As for your pics, you don't upload them to your desktop now and then? At least with a desktop, you can get an external hard drive and run a backup periodically. You lose your pics from your phone, and it's forever.

I retain my flip phone specifically because it has an off-switch. (And it stays off, 99% of the time....)

Old 02-28-2018, 01:37 PM
madpogue
Post Fiend
madpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to behold
Hey... editor is full-width! Cool; thanks Josť.

Old 02-28-2018, 01:51 PM
Turd-250
Post Fiend
Turd-250 has a spectacular reputation.Turd-250 has a spectacular reputation.Turd-250 has a spectacular reputation.Turd-250 has a spectacular reputation.Turd-250 has a spectacular reputation.Turd-250 has a spectacular reputation.Turd-250 has a spectacular reputation.Turd-250 has a spectacular reputation.Turd-250 has a spectacular reputation.Turd-250 has a spectacular reputation.Turd-250 has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by madpogue View Post
Nothing a ball peen hammer won't fix....

As for your pics, you don't upload them to your desktop now and then? At least with a desktop, you can get an external hard drive and run a backup periodically. You lose your pics from your phone, and it's forever.

I retain my flip phone specifically because it has an off-switch. (And it stays off, 99% of the time....)
online backup here. makes it easy to be lazy! i have nearly 100GB i'm trying to sort through on my old pc's ext backup drive as it is haha!

but anyway, i really like to be able to post a pic real quick if i'm working on the truck and need help. instant gratification lol

Old 02-28-2018, 03:07 PM
diesel_dan
Post Fiend
diesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud of
Editor is full width, but font is still small - tho bigger than at 1st. Takes some real guts to do a mid-day cut-over! I spent a career in IT and we only did that if we had critical issues to fix... Assume you guys chose a slow time of the week? Or flipped a coin...?

All things considered, not too bad...

Scott

Old 02-28-2018, 03:52 PM
Deuce40s
Elder User
Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by diesel_dan View Post
Editor is full width, but font is still small - tho bigger than at 1st. Takes some real guts to do a mid-day cut-over! I spent a career in IT and we only did that if we had critical issues to fix... Assume you guys chose a slow time of the week? Or flipped a coin...?

Scott
They did several forums I frequent this week.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:41 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
They really are working on it
Hey... editor is full-width! Cool; thanks Josť.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:15 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Yahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputation
When trying to add a photo from my album. It keeps showing the same few and never goes into the albums
more than the first few. Also that is with it set to "All Albums" and it just keeps showing the same 20 images.

Old 03-01-2018, 04:50 AM
Turd-250
Post Fiend
Turd-250 has a spectacular reputation.Turd-250 has a spectacular reputation.Turd-250 has a spectacular reputation.Turd-250 has a spectacular reputation.Turd-250 has a spectacular reputation.Turd-250 has a spectacular reputation.Turd-250 has a spectacular reputation.Turd-250 has a spectacular reputation.Turd-250 has a spectacular reputation.Turd-250 has a spectacular reputation.Turd-250 has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by diesel_dan View Post

Scott
lol we catch a lot of hell at my job when we push an update hahaha!

Old 03-01-2018, 04:52 AM
whirledpeaz
Senior User
whirledpeaz is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by IB Jose View Post
fixing this issue now. thank you.
Thank you,

Old 03-01-2018, 08:05 AM
madpogue
Post Fiend
lol we catch a lot of hell at my job when we push an update hahaha!
+1; there's a strong "who moved my cheese" culture in our customer base (internal staff). True example - few years ago, "show and tell" session of new major versions of one app, spent hours on the new features and how it would improve their work, etc. One customer noticed that, for ONE set of mouse clicks she does many times a day, instead of just moving the mouse 50-ish pixels straight up between one button and the other, she now has to move it 50-ish pixels up and 50-ish pixels left. All that extra, crippling work was a bigger minus than all the new features being a plus.

My boss made the decision, we don't do those show-and-tell sessions anymore.....

Old 03-01-2018, 08:11 AM
Turd-250
Post Fiend
+1; there's a strong "who moved my cheese" culture in our customer base (internal staff). True example - few years ago, "show and tell" session of new major versions of one app, spent hours on the new features and how it would improve their work, etc. One customer noticed that, for ONE set of mouse clicks she does many times a day, instead of just moving the mouse 50-ish pixels straight up between one button and the other, she now has to move it 50-ish pixels up and 50-ish pixels left. All that extra, crippling work was a bigger minus than all the new features being a plus.

My boss made the decision, we don't do those show-and-tell sessions anymore.....
lol that's true! i love being part of the total new functionality, but upgrades? nope lol, customers make suggestions and comments that either cost us or them big time... make them happy no matter the cost!

Old 03-01-2018, 08:12 AM
Turd-250
Post Fiend
And here is the screen when u want to embed a pic. It's just disabled?
by the way, this issue seems to be fixed! thanks!

Old 03-01-2018, 11:48 AM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.
The ALT+S keystroke no longer submits a post. The "Post Quick Reply" button still says "Alt+S" when you hover over it with your mouse.

There was a thread that had 4 pages but I could never get past page 3. Using next button or the page number specific link both took me back to page 3. I posted a quick reply while looking at page 3 and was then able to see page 4. Very strange.

Old 03-01-2018, 03:59 PM
56panelford
Posting Legend
56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Deuce40s View Post
Are you referring to his screen shot? That's a print screen or screen grab. You can research how to do it depending on the type of computer you have.
Thanks to you I have it figured out now...thanks

Old 03-01-2018, 05:14 PM
flowney
Posting Guru
flowney is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have been very active in the 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks forum (see: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-frame-33.html) but I am no longer able to upload more than one image. The UI for uploading works just great for the first image using "from my device" which is a macOS desktop running Safari or Chrome (tried both) but after that it becomes unresponsive. Not even the Cancel button works.
I have a post with 15 images ready to share but cannot get beyond the first image.
Surely this is not by design so I'll be patiently waiting for a fix or instructions on how to resume my progress.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Forum update?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.