Notices

Forum update?

Old 02-26-2018, 04:36 PM
ExxWhy
Postmaster
ExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputation
Forum update?

Was there a forum update? Some fonts look a little different and I had to sign in. Hopefully I am not haunted.

Old 02-26-2018, 04:44 PM
IB Jose
Internet Brands
IB Jose has a brilliant futureIB Jose has a brilliant futureIB Jose has a brilliant futureIB Jose has a brilliant futureIB Jose has a brilliant futureIB Jose has a brilliant futureIB Jose has a brilliant futureIB Jose has a brilliant futureIB Jose has a brilliant futureIB Jose has a brilliant futureIB Jose has a brilliant future
Not haunted.

We've run an update.

Old 02-26-2018, 05:03 PM
madpogue
Post Fiend
madpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to behold
"A little different"? Try "completely hosed". The style chooser no longer has the original Classic option. Try going to an advanced reply page. The text box is NARROWER than it used to be, rather than wider. It's only about 1/3 the width of how you'd typically open a browser window. Makes for a LOT of vertical scrolling. (Hint: computer monitors are getting BIGGER, with more pixels wide, NOT smaller. Styles should take advantage of that.)

And the new style takes up a lot more real estate, generally. More useless whitespace between objects. Once again, more vertical scrolling.

Old 02-26-2018, 05:12 PM
IB Jose
Internet Brands
IB Jose has a brilliant futureIB Jose has a brilliant futureIB Jose has a brilliant futureIB Jose has a brilliant futureIB Jose has a brilliant futureIB Jose has a brilliant futureIB Jose has a brilliant futureIB Jose has a brilliant futureIB Jose has a brilliant futureIB Jose has a brilliant futureIB Jose has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by madpogue View Post
"A little different"? Try "completely hosed". The style chooser no longer has the original Classic option.
The old classic template was disabled a long time ago. The template before the update was named "FTE_Updated" which was a style that was revised about two years ago.

Try going to an advanced reply page. The text box is NARROWER than it used to be, rather than wider. It's only about 1/3 the width of how you'd typically open a browser window. Makes for a LOT of vertical scrolling. (Hint: computer monitors are getting BIGGER, with more pixels wide, NOT smaller. Styles should take advantage of that.)

And the new style takes up a lot more real estate, generally. More useless whitespace between objects. Once again, more vertical scrolling.
Give me a screenshot of your text reply box. My text editor is full screen.

EDIT: We are working to update the text editor sometime tonight.

Old 02-26-2018, 05:39 PM
madpogue
Post Fiend
madpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by IB Jose View Post
Give me a screenshot of your text reply box. My text editor is full screen.
Here you go. Lot of unused real estate, to the right of the reply box, and above/below because of the height of the smilies box.

Attached Images  
Old 02-26-2018, 05:44 PM
IB Jose
Internet Brands
Thank you.

We are working to revise the editor to be full width. This was a clear oversight on our part.

Old 02-26-2018, 07:54 PM
tibadoe
Elder User
tibadoe is starting off with a positive reputation.
Guess I'm the odd ball -- but I like it so far.

Old 02-26-2018, 08:04 PM
madpogue
Post Fiend
Mixed bag, actually. Here's the forum home page, once you've collapsed a bunch of irrelevant sections, old version + new version. New version, less real estate used on banners, notices, welcome, etc. on top. Good. But the collapsed sections have big whitespaces in between, pretty-much blowing all the real estate saved above.

Attached Images   
Old 02-26-2018, 08:08 PM
NICKSAN
Senior User
NICKSAN is starting off with a positive reputation.
The narrow text editor threw me for a loop

The rest looks good except what you see here?

I chose arial from the fonts but when I added the emoticon the text switched back to the default font [SEE BELOW]

Looks like its only in the editor because I posted this and its all in Arial In the editor its the default font.

Old 02-26-2018, 08:16 PM
NICKSAN
Senior User
NICKSAN is starting off with a positive reputation.
I also noticed the menus are much faster than before......

Old 02-26-2018, 09:28 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
......and that is a good thing
Originally Posted by NICKSAN View Post
I also noticed the menus are much faster than before......

Old 02-27-2018, 12:54 PM
WXboy
Postmaster
WXboy has a good reputation on FTE.WXboy has a good reputation on FTE.WXboy has a good reputation on FTE.
I noticed that all the fonts are different, everything displays in an odd way, and there are advertisements EVERYWHERE even when I'm signed in. Sigh.........

Old 02-27-2018, 12:57 PM
IB Jose
Internet Brands
Can you give me a screenshot on your device?

PC? Tablet? Phone?

Old 02-27-2018, 09:57 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Yahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputation
I can't open the test input window very far now.

Here is a screen shot.
Mac OS 10.12.6 Safari 11.0.3

In going into my photos and trying to use the copy button I now get flash errors on top of this.

Old 02-27-2018, 10:09 PM
whirledpeaz
Senior User
whirledpeaz is starting off with a positive reputation.
The marketplace forum isn't coming up. Specifically this one:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum235/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Forum update?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.