Fall mod/upgrade session has begun - Page 5 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fall mod/upgrade session has begun

Old 09-28-2017, 09:01 AM
Postmaster

Walleye Hunter has a great reputation on FTE.Walleye Hunter has a great reputation on FTE.Walleye Hunter has a great reputation on FTE.Walleye Hunter has a great reputation on FTE.Walleye Hunter has a great reputation on FTE.Walleye Hunter has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian42 View Post
Correct, it is "00" cable/wire. The '2/0' nomenclature is the number zeros (e.g. 00). 1/0=00, 2/0=00, 3/0=000, etc. The terms are interchangeable when discussing the BFW (big freakin' wire) sizes.
I'm confused over those BFG's from the get go but...now...1/0 and 2/0 are the same thing????
Old 09-28-2017, 09:36 AM
Postmaster

Sous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud of
Mark, I believe Brian had a typo and it should be 1/0=0, 2/0=00.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:47 AM
Postmaster

Walleye Hunter has a great reputation on FTE.Walleye Hunter has a great reputation on FTE.Walleye Hunter has a great reputation on FTE.Walleye Hunter has a great reputation on FTE.Walleye Hunter has a great reputation on FTE.Walleye Hunter has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
Now that makes sense...now if I could only figure out the rest of them 'awts', I have the ga's down pretty good and I've gotten proficient at soldering them too!
Old 09-28-2017, 10:18 AM
Post Fiend

z31freakify is a name known to allz31freakify is a name known to allz31freakify is a name known to allz31freakify is a name known to allz31freakify is a name known to allz31freakify is a name known to all
Quote:
Based only by the looks of it, I would assume that it is 00 which I have seen referenced as 2/0, but figured Adam was probably moving quickly, or at least thinking quickly when typing his post.
You are correct ment to write 1/0 wire
Old 09-28-2017, 10:42 AM
Postmaster

Sous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud of
The temperatures in the garage have been very hot this week after I get home since we have been near 90 degrees for a high. That is OK though, because it allows me to get some other minor projects done around the house.

The temperatures are supposed to be much more pleasant this weekend near the low 80's to high 70's, so I suspect that I will have enough time to install the steering hose, then the starter and go from there.

More to follow, I will post pictures of the before and after as well as I know we all love pictures.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:31 PM
Postmaster

brian42 is a splendid one to beholdbrian42 is a splendid one to beholdbrian42 is a splendid one to beholdbrian42 is a splendid one to beholdbrian42 is a splendid one to beholdbrian42 is a splendid one to beholdbrian42 is a splendid one to beholdbrian42 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
I'm confused over those BFG's from the get go but...now...1/0 and 2/0 are the same thing????
Quote:
Quote:
Now that makes sense...
Yes, you are all correct and I am not. I consider myself admonished, reprimanded, and appropriately (and publicly) upgraded!

(post #60 updated to reflect correct information)
Old 09-28-2017, 01:44 PM
Post Fiend

F250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputation
Clarity is a good thing!
Old 09-28-2017, 01:52 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by F250_ View Post
Clarity is a good thing!
Rare at times as well, in my world anyway...
Old 09-28-2017, 03:24 PM
Postmaster

Alternator was at the door when I got home today. Looks like a nice job.

Front with a new shiny pulley on it

Rear with the ground to the case that Brian told us all about
Old 09-28-2017, 04:05 PM
Postmaster

MMmmmmmm new parts ****......
Old 09-28-2017, 08:40 PM
Polkamatic Poster

ExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud of
I like this thread
Old 09-28-2017, 08:44 PM
Senior User

CousinCarl is starting off with a positive reputation.
I thought I was on FB and tried to find the 'like' button on your pictures
Old 09-29-2017, 06:23 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinCarl View Post
I thought I was on FB and tried to find the 'like' button on your pictures
Thanks for the virtual like, but you will never find me on FaceBook.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:05 AM
Post Fiend

BBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud of
Nice Sous! I know the waiting game. I am finally starting some projects this morning. Enjoy! I am anxious to see the results.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:53 AM
Postmaster

brian42 is a splendid one to beholdbrian42 is a splendid one to beholdbrian42 is a splendid one to beholdbrian42 is a splendid one to beholdbrian42 is a splendid one to beholdbrian42 is a splendid one to beholdbrian42 is a splendid one to beholdbrian42 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
MMmmmmmm new parts ****......
The 6G case is definitely bigger. I got double 6Gs and boy do they put out!