Fall mod/upgrade session has begun - Page 20 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Fall mod/upgrade session has begun

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fall mod/upgrade session has begun

Old 12-21-2017, 10:42 AM
brandon_oma#692
Posting Guru
brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
I did not ask for a reason for the turbo being available to the public in January, but there have been others saying that a materials supplier for him fell through. Also, like ExPACamper said, he may be taking the public release very carefully just to be 100% sure. It could be just as simple as he wants to wait until after the new year before making himself really busy in getting these things out the door. Who knows...

I just know that this is what Charlie told me today via email. I am comfortable in waiting anyway as I am still on the fence about tearing out a perfectly good and efficient turbo that runs cool even when towing 12K lbs up a grade.
Have heard several things. I was told bearings. Is what will be available after the first the same or additional changes?

Old 12-21-2017, 10:43 AM
brian42
Post Fiend
brian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud of
Maybe that will change when you get your truck happy and on the road again! My fingers are crossed that you get it going right the first time around.
Thanks. Me too! With ExPACamper back up and running I have hope that my truck will return to the living also. I had a couple of days this week set aside to get back in there (haven't touched it since Halloween...about 7 weeks) but the holidays have taken that away. Hobby shop is closed next week so it won't get any attention until the new year. My registration is due next month and this is a smog check year for me so I have to get it together, running, tunes tweaked, and smog tested by the 15th. I'm not interested in getting a PNO and going through the hassle to "re-activate" the truck when I'm done. Plus this gives me a deadline to actually get the truck back on the road. The sad part is that since I've had my new job (15 months) I've been driving my dad's Chevy for work for 1/2 of that. My truck has become the "go to" joke at the office.

Old 12-21-2017, 01:47 PM
Bonanza35
Post Fiend
Bonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to behold
Maybe that will change when you get your truck happy and on the road again! My fingers are crossed that you get it going right the first time around.
I think the manual trans has a lot to do with that as well. What is the web site for that turbo? I forgot to save it.

Old 12-21-2017, 01:55 PM
Sous
Post Fiend
Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.
Here you are sir. Charlie Fish (KC Turbo owner) has always been honest and great to deal with from what I have experienced and been told.

https://kcturbos.net/collections/7-3...3-stage2-turbo

As I understand it, this is a Garrett 38R on steriods that performs a lot like a Borg Warner SXE turbo without the T4 mount and associated hardware.

Old 12-21-2017, 02:18 PM
Bonanza35
Post Fiend
Bonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to behold
Thank you Sous. I'll save it this time. I think the exhaust side showed a much bigger wheel in there. That should help with spool up I would think.