Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP MEH!

Old 09-16-2016, 10:43 PM
P4IN COMM4NDO
Elder User
P4IN COMM4NDO is starting off with a positive reputation.
HELP MEH!

so I installed my "new" T500 HPOP today, Im having a few issues. . . Im cranking but not starting. Ive got fuel, charged up the batteries, tried jumping it, Ive got oil to the new pump. Here is a video of what its doing, I noticed an electrical buzzing sound at the end of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzp5...ature=youtu.be

Pulled a few codes here is what I got.

Name:  IMG_1843.JPG
Views: 571
Size:  1.59 MB

Name:  IMG_1845.JPG
Views: 562
Size:  1.56 MB

Name:  IMG_1846.JPG
Views: 524
Size:  1.47 MB

Thanks for any advice you guys can offer!

Attached Images   
Old 09-16-2016, 11:02 PM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
Pull the plug atop the resivoir. See if it's within 3/4in from top... Indirect ask connections on/around the heads, hpop..etc

Old 09-16-2016, 11:08 PM
P4IN COMM4NDO
Elder User
Originally Posted by timmyboy76 View Post
Pull the plug atop the resivoir. See if it's within 3/4in from top... Indirect ask connections on/around the heads, hpop..etc
I will check the reservoir level thanks for reminding me, Im not getting the last part of your post tho

Also I might add that truck was running fine when it blew the rear plug out of the HPOP, Ive added some internal electronics like my CB and some LED strips, I pulled the 10Amp fuse #4 to test some stuff with the dome lights, but I havent touched anything since it was running other than the HPOP replacement and the fuel bowl. Recently did the cam sensor, its got a new battery under a year old and a slave battery. New starter not even 6 months old, rebuilt tranny under a year old. I did try to start it in Neutral no luck.

Old 09-16-2016, 11:31 PM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
Dumb phone... Inspect all connections on/around

Old 09-16-2016, 11:34 PM
aawlberninf350
It's a Van Gogh
aawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud of
Got all the wires connected to the sensors/42 pin/UVCH?

And agreed with Timmyboy, fill the HPOP reservoir.

Old 09-16-2016, 11:54 PM
P4IN COMM4NDO
Elder User
OK, also I think that buzzing in the video may be near the PCM? Im thinking I may go buy another battery or 2 and see if thatll do it. I had just had both valve covers off to check those harnesses and replaced the one on passenger bank.

Old 09-16-2016, 11:58 PM
aawlberninf350
It's a Van Gogh
aawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud of
Did not hear the buzz. Could be relays under the dash. Swap fan and PCM relays.

Always replace batteries in pairs.

Old 09-16-2016, 11:59 PM
P4IN COMM4NDO
Elder User
Originally Posted by timmyboy76 View Post
Dumb phone... Inspect all connections on/around
You mean sensor connections? Ill have to get more pics I think I have some that arent connected, I dont think they were connected before I took the pump out tho

Old 09-17-2016, 12:11 AM
P4IN COMM4NDO
Elder User
Originally Posted by aawlberninf350 View Post

Its at the end of the video, Ill have to look at the relays tomorrow. Didnt really have the money to replace the batteries at the same time, I may take my newer one in tomorrow and see if its faulty and get a new one under waranty and then buy a brand new battery

Old 09-17-2016, 12:14 AM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
Only 2 connectors I can think of that don't need enabled but yet, truck will run, is the fuel heater and ebpv located at bottom of spider, and ICP, but only if sensor is oiled up

Old 09-17-2016, 06:58 AM
P4IN COMM4NDO
Elder User
Originally Posted by aawlberninf350 View Post

Which relays are which? I dont have the owners manual. And are you talking in cab fuse box or the one in the engine bay?

Old 09-17-2016, 07:04 AM
P4IN COMM4NDO
Elder User
Could it be my IDM? In the end of the video when Im near the front drivers side wheel thats when I heard the buzzing the loudest.

Old 09-17-2016, 07:17 AM
Whitey Ford
FTE-Spread The Knowledge
Whitey Ford has a great reputation on FTE.Whitey Ford has a great reputation on FTE.Whitey Ford has a great reputation on FTE.Whitey Ford has a great reputation on FTE.Whitey Ford has a great reputation on FTE.Whitey Ford has a great reputation on FTE.
Buzzing and clicking relays "usually" means low voltage. Load test batteries.

Old 09-17-2016, 07:46 AM
P4IN COMM4NDO
Elder User
Originally Posted by Whitey Ford View Post
Buzzing and clicking relays "usually" means low voltage. Load test batteries.
How can I do a load test? Im gonna run and grab smore oil and either go buy another battery or steal on of my dads

Old 09-17-2016, 08:23 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
My crank procedure after disrupting oil in the rails for any reason: Fire up an OBDII tool and monitor battery volts, RPMs, ICP, IPR and FIPW at a minimum. FIPW top left in the video, ICP top middle, IPR top right, RPM bottom right.

The FIPW will show 0.6 as a sync signal with the PCM until the starting minimums are met, then it will fire the injectors once "everything is a go" in the engine while cranking (minimum 500 PSI ICP). In my case, the delay of the ICP rise is due to the purging of air from the oil rails - and you can see the IPR going nuts to compensate. In my video, the situation is less than ideal, because I allowed the IPR to climb to high and the truck initially overfueled. I have since learned to watch the ICP very carefully, and when I see the ICP start to rapidly climb past 100-150 PSI, I let go of the key. I know from experience that the truck will fire off pretty quickly on the next crank.

Pay little heed to the running FIPW time - stock sticks will read closer to 2.8 ms (2800 microseconds).

If your drive gear bolt for the HPOP didn't reach the proper torque, the gear will spin and not deliver the pressure you need.

As for your codes, I'd clear them and see what comes up fresh.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP MEH!

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.