Modular V10 (6.8l)  

A "shoot the breeze" thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 05:19 PM
dualwheels66
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MDSuperduty, I agree with you the dually is way more stable for towing and I miss it for that reason. However I don't miss the PSD part. I didn't mind driving around in the city(Philly) with "hips" and parking spots were never an issue for me.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:38 PM
scraprat
Lead Driver
Received 2,496 Likes on 1,305 Posts
dualwheels66, I did a job in Philly and when I turned up one of the side roads there was no room for the truck without literally riding on the sidewalk luckily it was a short block and no poles on that side.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:55 PM
dualwheels66
Posting Guru
Those narrow roads are a pain to navigate. Usually I just back up and try the next road.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:41 PM
dkf
Hotshot
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
I always hated driving around Philly and it it had nothing to do with the truck. Its just Philly. I say Reroute the Delaware and give it to NJ, fits in better there anyway.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:05 AM
scraprat
Lead Driver
Received 2,496 Likes on 1,305 Posts
I was watching that show yesterday about the parking tickets and towing the vehicle into city impound and started having flash backs from when in Philly. When one of our trucks got a couple of tickets and was towed. What a money making machine Philly has and I'm sure other cities have the same thing. Back and forth from one place to another place and when that ordeal was over I couldn't get out of the city fast enough.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:37 AM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 298 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by Monsta
Speaking of "shooting the breeze"...sometimes I'd like to "shoot the breeze"; literally. Nothing is more aggravating to me than excessive wind.

Sometimes when the trade winds get crazy here I can't even drain the oil out of my trucks without it being blown all over the driveway.

I can't go to the beach or I'll get sandblasted. Sand and dirt gets in my eyes even with sunglasses. Stuff gets blown all over the places, it makes it hard to even come out of the darn store without stuff blowing out of my bags!

To get out of it I have to find a happy place in the jungle. Then there's the mosquitoes...

What happened to "paradise" ???

Thanks for visiting Ken, it's been a long LONG time...

Old 05-07-2012, 08:51 PM
dualwheels66
Posting Guru
Since they can only give you one ticket per day, it's cheaper just to stay in one spot, accept your ticket and figure it in when you estimate the job. Homeowners are not allowed to give you, contractor or visitor, their parking placard. I'm honest with the homeowner about parking fees and tickets so I have never had a problem.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:56 PM
dualwheels66
Posting Guru
Where did everybody go? I guess we are all doing maintenance on our rigs.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:15 PM
MDSuperDuty
Cargo Master
Received 49 Likes on 17 Posts
Actually more maintenance on my just recently purchased home. Getting new carpet and while tearing out the old stuff ran into some old water damage. Nothing huge but needed fixing. The previous owners took care of this place as if they were renting it. From what the neighbors told me they were lucky to know how to change light bulbs. Took down my third tree today and have probably 10 more to go...fun times. And these are trees, not some overgrown bush. Lastly I have red squirrels making a home in the soffits and walls of my garage. One decided to meet his maker today.......Ooops.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Quad Racer
Cargo Master
Received 135 Likes on 103 Posts
Well enjoy your remodel MDsuperduty. Sounds like you'll have some fun. Hopefully you dont find any booby traps. Hopefully the PO just left everything alone. Your usually better off than if they made "improvements".

Old 05-08-2012, 11:46 PM
Boss08v10
Elder User
Taking the mustang to the track for the first bracket race of the year this weekend. Didn't have much to get ready other then I finally put hood pins on the raised cowl fiberglass hood today. I would really rather not see the hood smack the windshield on the big end and believe me it lifted a lot.
Tomorrow I need to get the trailer ready to load up, got the golf cart oil changed today so we should be ready to go friday morning.
I would add that my 16 year old is going to start driving the mustang for the first time this weekend and he is a pretty excited kid this week.

The 08 came out of its winter slumber these past few weeks, I even took the insurance off except for comp for the winter. It is nice to now that it did not see any salt and it just turned 54,000 miles. Going to put new plugs in the spring yet and have the trans fluid changed when I find a dealer I trust.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:07 AM
dualwheels66
Posting Guru
Remodeling is fun. It makes you think, instead of just following a blueprint of a common house. If you need any help let me know.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:33 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner
Received 1,393 Likes on 1,102 Posts
Originally Posted by Monsta

To get out of it I have to find a happy place in the jungle. Then there's the mosquitoes...
But....but....but don't all those lovely Hula girls dancing on the beach beside a roaring bon fire more than make up for a few pesky mosquitoes?

Old 05-09-2012, 07:11 AM
Monster-4
Logistics Pro
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
My oldest daughter will graduate from high school at the end of the month so I've been busy doing odd and ends around the house. Than I have the truck meet the weekend after that.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:41 AM
MDSuperDuty
Cargo Master
Received 49 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by dualwheels66
Remodeling is fun. It makes you think, instead of just following a blueprint of a common house. If you need any help let me know.
My previous home I remodeled the bathroom which was fun. Had its ups and downs and learned A LOT!! I like doing these things as long as the time allows. My brother in law literally can't change a light bulb, seriously he doesnt know how, but he's got some high paying bank job so he can pay for stuff. They paid a handyman to put their crib together for their baby!!!! Those things have what, 6 screws!!! But he could tell you ANTHING about sports.

Quick Reply: A "shoot the breeze" thread