6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Help!! Glow plug ??water?? BS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 07:31 AM
ljutic ss
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mistaken ID
I don't own a new Ford and have never seen the engine except in a picture. What I don't understand though is if there is damage in the HPFP caused by water, why didn't the water separator filter the water out.

If the separator is doing it's job it doesn't matter if the water in fuel light comes on, the separator should filter out the water until it can't filter any more and the engine shuts down from no fuel.

Seems to me like the real culprit is either a defective water separator or it's not adequate for the intended purpose.

Water simply should not get past the separator!

Perhaps a guy should stick an after market filter/separator on as soon as you get home. Whatever the 6.7 is using isn't doing the job.

I love the look of the new trucks and the way they are said to run.

Sure feel bad for the guys that not only have a truck payment but then the added payment to make a new truck run again.

The water separator on your truck or any manufactures diesel truck is not going to separate water from diesel fuel if the water has been emulsified. If you pour a glass of water in your tank the separator will contain the water, but once the water is bound together with the diesel fuel by using a emulsifier it's heading right to the injectors. Who uses emulsifiers? owners who don't know any better will buy fuel treatments that have this binding feature, a refinery might add it, or a retailer could use it in his tanks if there was suspected water contamination.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:05 AM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
According to personal email exchanges with the OP, water in fuel has nothing to do with the claim denial. He told me it was never mentioned. HPFP damage was also never mentioned...Shame on Ford

Regards

Old 01-07-2012, 09:36 AM
p12483
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm just not understanding fords logic. They replaced an out of warranty motor for all but 2500 for another member but won't cover an in warranty motor? the other member said he was quoted 13k for new motor this dealer needs 20k. These are very different prices.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:02 AM
roadkingfl
Elder User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by p12483
I'm just not understanding fords logic. They replaced an out of warranty motor for all but 2500 for another member but won't
cover an in warranty motor? the other member said he was quoted 13k for new motor this dealer needs 20k. These are very different prices.
Good point, not very consistent...Those two cases were broken valve issues.

Old 01-07-2012, 11:36 AM
vloney
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rickatic
Vince...

Shepherds did not find any rust whatsoever in the HPFP in my truck. The service manager, Ray, posted on your tech hotline that the very part that the first dealer replaced under warranty on his second attempt to fix my truck was the reason for the denial. There was a slight discoloration of the part that sits in the mounting socket. There was no other discolorations or evidence of rust anywhere in the system. The FSE told the service manager that had the truck not been at dealer number one, there would have been no denial of warranty.

Ray has looked at the disassembled pump. Unless he is telling you a different story than me, he would not agree with your position. His diesel techs have also seen the pump...same verdict,...no water...
<TABLE class=gContentSection border=0 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width="100%"><TBODY id=gadgetContent332><TR class=gContentSectionGray><TD class=border_right vAlign=top width="24%">raymond trudeau
Shepherd Lincoln, Inc.
Richmond, MI
</TD><TD class=border_right vAlign=top>Waiting on insurance. Ford said no warranty even though no warning light for water in fuel. compared to the job aid and yes it has some rust but why did the light not come on????
October 11, 2011 09:36:09 AM
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Old 01-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
Okay everyone, this is straying quite far from the OP's issue. This is not a thread started to rehash everything that happened with Rick's truck. This is about the OP's situation which bears little resemblance other than the warranty denial by Ford.

If it's not relevant to randito's problem don't post it here. Thanks!

Old 01-07-2012, 12:00 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by vloney
<table class="gContentSection" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2" width="100%"><tbody id="gadgetContent332"><tr class="gContentSectionGray"><td class="border_right" valign="top" width="24%">raymond trudeau
Shepherd Lincoln, Inc.
Richmond, MI
</td><td class="border_right" valign="top">Waiting on insurance. Ford said no warranty even though no warning light for water in fuel. compared to the job aid and yes it has some rust but why did the light not come on????
October 11, 2011 09:36:09 AM
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Where did Ray say the rust was? I would post the pictures here but the naysayers would still have an excuse for the shameful way Ford handled my warranty denial... There was no rust in the HPFP...period. I have the parts...many have looked at them...no one agrees with the water cop out...Ray was looking for some help when he asked that question. I suggest you contact him for an updated opinion. No one at Shepherds believes water was the cause of the HPFP failure...

We can debate this debacle ad infinitum but why bother...you have a useless email asking a simple question about the water separator failure...and I have the parts that tell the real story...and a ton of engineering expertise that have seen them...march on

Peace

Old 01-07-2012, 01:09 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
Okay guys, I think I've had enough. Rick, I know you typed and posted that last one as I posted mine, so that's not my problem.

I was going through this thread to clean it up when I realized I would have to remove 3/4ths of the posts here. Not doing it.

Thread is closed for good. I would suggest Randito post another thread if he so chooses, and I hope we as a forum don't walk all over him again.