6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Help!! Glow plug ??water?? BS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 09:52 AM
randito
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!! Glow plug ??water?? BS!!!

<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1; COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1 itxtNodeId="1487"> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
I had the same thing happen. It was November20. Driving 70 down the highway, my truck started making a funny noise, I pulled over and it sounded like it was missing on one cylinder. I headed on home (30Mi) and took it to town the next morning, had no power,and died before I got to the dealership. After setting untouched for a couple of weeks, they called and said the glow ploug was burned off, and there may be more damage, might need a new motor. On December 19, when they finally dug deeper, they called and said a valve was broke, and the piston was ruined, needed a new motor. I have 32k on the truck, I bought it new in may of 2010. I was expecting a new motor, but then they called and said there was some rust in the cylinders, and said this could only be caused by me running through water, and flooding the air box WHAT???? First of all, there's no water within 100 miles, I live in west texas and haven't seen rain in a year!!! They said the filter was damp, and I did drive in heavy fog that night, but I know I didn't run through water,(not even a tiny bit) and after reading on here , it looks like it is their problem??? My pictures are almost identical to the one from the other post about "dropped Glow Plug". Don't want to lie to my insurance co, and say I did run thru water, because I didn't! Thanks you guys for having this forum, it helped me a lot. Any input on what I need to do?? They have ordered a motor, buy say I will have to pay $20k.??? Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give.
<!-- / message -->
<!-- controls -->

Old 12-28-2011, 10:06 AM
p12483
Senior User
What is the build date on your truck? Also, where has maintenance been done, are you original owner? The truck is definitely under warranty and their problem. Did you do alot of heavy towing? There was another member here who stated he had same thing happen and they covered it. He said they were aware of some issues with the valve manufacturing process. From what others has said this was a problem in early production which may 2010 seems like it would fall into that. I am no expert by any means.. this is my first diesel. But there is no way if i were in your shoes that i would pay 20k for a diesel motor with 32k on the odo. Ford even covered another members truck for the most part that was out of warranty. I think you need to meet with the service manager pronto. I would ask for pictures of the rust too. If they left the engine disassembled i would think that could cause rust! Keep us informed. I know alot more knowledgeable members will be on soon to steer you in the right direction

Old 12-28-2011, 10:20 AM
randito
Junior User
It's at the dealership, but I think it was built around february or march?? Anyway, I have pictures,(sorry dont know how to post them), that show the same rust and broke valve as 04xcur had. Maintenance has been at quicklube, so I can get that. Thanks, I'm gonna print all this stuff and go battle with them.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:07 AM
p12483
Senior User
If you say it was bought in may 2010, I think its early production. believe they started being built in March 2010

Old 12-28-2011, 11:29 AM
dschuffert
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post your VIN number. Many of us can look things up based on that number and help you.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:37 PM
randito
Junior User
you guys are great!! The vin is: 1FTTW2BTXBEA05924
Thanks

Old 12-28-2011, 12:41 PM
randito
Junior User
The service manager told me all this stuff. I met with the owner of the dealership, he said he didn't think I was lying, but the rep from Ford was on vacation til Jan 2nd. He is supposed to come look next week. They made me agree to pay for the motor before they ordered it , in case they didn't warranty it.. I told them I need the truck, and agreed, although I hope I can prove I didn't drive thru water. Ridiculous!!!

Old 12-28-2011, 01:21 PM
kper05
Lead Driver

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Did the quick oil place use API CJ-4 diesel rated oil?
Did they add 13 quarts (where previous PSD's were 15 quarts)?
Was the FL-2051 oil filter used?
Has the fuel filters (both, part # FD-4615) been changed at least once?
Do you use high volume diesel stations?

For pictures, you can build an album within your profile here.
Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - randito's Albums
When you upload pictures, you'll see a field with image tags; [img]
Copy the picture URL with those tags in a post.
Or at least get the pictures uploaded somewhere and post the link; many of us can repost the images or a moderator can fix your post easily enough.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:23 PM
ljutic ss
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by randito
The service manager told me all this stuff. I met with the owner of the dealership, he said he didn't think I was lying, but the rep from Ford was on vacation til Jan 2nd. He is supposed to come look next week. They made me agree to pay for the motor before they ordered it , in case they didn't warranty it.. I told them I need the truck, and agreed, although I hope I can prove I didn't drive thru water. Ridiculous!!!

Don't let the signing agreement worry you, the dealer is only covering his azz and I think everything will work out in your favor. I also am beginning to think this valve issue is starting to look like a manufacturing fault.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:41 PM
dschuffert
Posting Guru
Thanks
Can you double check your VIN number? When I put yours in nothing comes back from the Ford site. I test it with several other VIN's I have / know of and they all worked and the window sticker displayed.

Here is the link I am putting in for the VIN number you gave me ( services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FTTW2BTXBEA05924 ) Untitled Page

Old 12-28-2011, 02:06 PM
p12483
Senior User
Originally Posted by ljutic ss
Don't let the signing agreement worry you, the dealer is only covering his azz and I think everything will work out in your favor. I also am beginning to think this valve issue is starting to look like a manufacturing fault.
I second that. Seems like quite a few people are having engines replaced due to valves. The only person I've heard of breaking 100k had to get a new motor. Not speaking highly for this engine right now.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:26 PM
ljutic ss
Posting Guru
Thanks

Looks like theres too many letters in a row (btxbea) the ea05924 sounds right and would be in the 1st month of production for a 2011 MY

Old 12-28-2011, 02:36 PM
Hdslider
Postmaster
dschuffert. Try this 1FT8W2BTXBEA05924. it may be the second T needed to be a 8.just a shot.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:44 PM
randito
Junior User
Oops? sounds like Perry huh? I took it from my ins card. Went to dealership and got it from my truck, sorry about that. It's: 1FT7W2BTXBEA05924

Old 12-28-2011, 02:54 PM
Hdslider
Postmaster
I was close 7 instead of a 8 lol

Quick Reply: Help!! Glow plug ??water?? BS!!!