6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Help!! Glow plug ??water?? BS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 09:24 PM
Bobmurp1
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rickatic
We did not get a new engine...only a $10,000 HP fuel system. Truck runs just like it did before the big failure.

I have not traded the truck...yet. The plans we had for a big toy hauler were put on hold for at least 6 months so we do not have to trade right now. We were leaning towards the new 2013 GM trucks because the new larger cab was rumored to be introduced in August 2012. We do not want the current mini-cab GM truck. If Dodge goes to DEF injection in their 2013 HD pickup's, they will get the sale.

Regards
I forgot I remember it being around 10k just thought it was the motor. I will tell you we have a 2011 ram mega larimie, it's a nice truck 20k miles runs and sounds the same as new. biggest complaint is when I drive it my shoulder hits the b piller. Ordered the H&S Black max, exhaust and cold air intake to make the cummins happy!
If the new ford motor is out of warranty and goes bad I will put a cummins in it an do the deletes. There's a company called destroke my power stroke.
Is gm still going to come out with a new body style?

Old 01-05-2012, 05:02 PM
randito
Junior User
WEll guess what??? Ford guy came down from Dallas and said they would NOT warranty my truck. Holy Crap!! Now what, I'll be shelling out 20k, and ford gets away with it???? That ain't right. Damn I'm gonna' miss driving Fords!!!!

Old 01-05-2012, 05:25 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by randito
WEll guess what??? Ford guy came down from Dallas and said they would NOT warranty my truck. Holy Crap!! Now what, I'll be shelling out 20k, and ford gets away with it???? That ain't right. Damn I'm gonna' miss driving Fords!!!!
Fighting with Ford from this point forward is a total waste of your time. BTDT

This should not cost you the entire repair bill. If you have comprehensive damage coverage, standard on any policy I am aware of, it covers the repair less the deductible. Like getting a rock through the windshield, you had no responsibility in the acquisition of the damage. You do not have to prove where the water came from. If you think you know where you got bad fuel, tell the insurance company the location. They will take the investigation over from there.

Call your insurance company...that's why you pay the premium...and comprehensive claims do not raise your rates....

Regards

Old 01-05-2012, 05:43 PM
mountaincat900
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow !!! I can't believe Ford is acting like this. It seems as if they don't want people to buy these $60,000 diesel's and only go with gassers. I would think there is some sort of warranty abritration system in place or other legal recourse.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:48 PM
roadkingfl
Elder User

Originally Posted by mountaincat900
Wow !!! I can't believe Ford is acting like this. It seems as if they don't want people to buy these $60,000 diesel's and only go with gassers. I would think there is some sort of warranty abritration system in place or other legal recourse.
Oh, oh, you said the "forbidden" word.....thread is about to be closed.....But, yeah, your right, Ford is burning plenty of bridges.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:04 PM
randito
Junior User
I guess I'll do that, it just seems chicken sh....! I know they've warranteed motors with the same problem,,, is ford so close to bankruptcy, they can't be fair???? Thanks

Old 01-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Dim Sum
Cargo Master
Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
Ford is setting a precedence...and they are being consistent.

The day will come where diesel insurance rates will go up due to these failures. Just wait...it will be like sports cars...own a diesel.....rates up 20%...just wait.

Will be another tax on diesel owners.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Hdslider
Postmaster
DimSum. That could happen, probably very quick if alot of claims get filed. Would be a bite.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Dim Sum
Cargo Master
Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
Insurance companies are in the business of making money. Just like when big natural disasters happen...our rates go up.

I see this as no different. Its happening all around the diesel community. As soon as the first company gets wind of it, we will be left holding the bag. In our case, it will be distributing the costs of these repairs into everyone's insurance rates.

Not much we can do unfortunately. I don't want a Cummins w/o DEF and I don't like the GM pickup. Toyota doesn't make a 1 ton. Pretty much out of options.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:56 PM
GCLL
Senior User
Go to the press, I bet they will pay. Ford can't just deny legit claims. Sounds corny, but it works.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:13 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
Originally Posted by mountaincat900
I would think there is some sort of warranty abritration system in place or other legal recourse.
There is an arbitration system, but such things can't be discussed here! FTE has a very strict policy regarding legal discussion.

Originally Posted by FTE Guidelines
8. Legal Actions.
You may not use this site to discuss or organize any legal action including, but not limited to, class-actions. FTE does not give legal advice or host legal discussion. If you have any legal questions or concerns, please consult your attorney.
Not my rules, but I have to live by them as much as everyone else. No legal talk here.

Thanks!

Old 01-05-2012, 07:22 PM
roadkingfl
Elder User

Told ya.............getting close now.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:46 PM
farmerdave
Senior User
I changed my air filter today and was shocked to find that the dirt in it was wet. Mud. It has not rained in decades down here in S.TX. Only fog 4 days ago. I think it has something to do with how the air is routed to the filter. I'm thinking about the snow packing issues. Long shot?

Old 01-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Bobmurp1
Senior User
Originally Posted by Dim Sum
Insurance companies are in the business of making money. Just like when big natural disasters happen...our rates go up.

I see this as no different. Its happening all around the diesel community. As soon as the first company gets wind of it, we will be left holding the bag. In our case, it will be distributing the costs of these repairs into everyone's insurance rates.

Not much we can do unfortunately. I don't want a Cummins w/o DEF and I don't like the GM pickup. Toyota doesn't make a 1 ton. Pretty much out of options.
The cummins runs great get 16 to 18 mpg on the highway not sure why you would want def? Plus you can delete the ram/cummins and get 20 mpg and still get it warranteed if needed

Old 01-05-2012, 08:03 PM
Brandon150
Senior User
Why are people waiting for DEF in cummins? I imagine there must be a performance benefit?

Quick Reply: Help!! Glow plug ??water?? BS!!!