N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

July open chat thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 09:49 AM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Just melting away here in hot Lake county. Temps hovering around 100º every day. Times like this I really miss Tahoe...best place I ever lived, wish I could afford to move back. Our house which we paid $89K for in '73 last sold for $625K in '03. I'd love to buy it back, but that ain't happenin'...

I'm trying to get finished with this dang fence I'm building. Just about finished with the gates, they turned out to be way more work than I thought. But they sure look nice. I'll take them down to Windsor and install 'em today, try to get this fence finished today and tomorrow.

Spent the 4th up in Willits at a friend's place, lounging in the shade by his pond with about 25 other folks, swimming, eating, playing music and talking about Ham radios, as they're all Hams. I finally figured out how to make my radio trigger a repeater, so that was a major milestone for me. These things come with instructions that assume you already know all about Ham radio and the terminology, very user-unfriendly for us new Hams, so it's a slow learning process.

Well, time to back out into the growing heat and sweat some more...

Old 07-07-2011, 09:51 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Goodmorning all

Hope you have a great day today. One more day until the weekend...WOOHOO!

Saturday is my last night working at the track. There's one more race for this season on Aug. 5th, but I'll be helping out at the Silver Dollar Classics Car Show that weekend, so I won't be able to watch my kids race that weekend.

Guess it's time to start looking for another job.

Old 07-08-2011, 12:26 AM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Bdox
We had a pollen storm, the air was yellow! Worst I had ever seen.
A while later we had a little thunderstorm that cooled things down and wash away some of the pollen.
I hear ya Bruce. Dog gonned pine trees. Tis hard to keep the Ford clean with all that darned yellow pollen everywhere, then the rain smeared it all over the place. The pollen's a little late this year eh?

Old 07-08-2011, 12:31 AM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TigerDan
Just melting away here in hot Lake county. Temps hovering around 100º every day. Times like this I really miss Tahoe...best place I ever lived, wish I could afford to move back. Our house which we paid $89K for in '73 last sold for $625K in '03. I'd love to buy it back, but that ain't happenin'...

I'm trying to get finished with this dang fence I'm building. Just about finished with the gates, they turned out to be way more work than I thought. But they sure look nice. I'll take them down to Windsor and install 'em today, try to get this fence finished today and tomorrow.

Spent the 4th up in Willits at a friend's place, lounging in the shade by his pond with about 25 other folks, swimming, eating, playing music and talking about Ham radios, as they're all Hams. I finally figured out how to make my radio trigger a repeater, so that was a major milestone for me. These things come with instructions that assume you already know all about Ham radio and the terminology, very user-unfriendly for us new Hams, so it's a slow learning process.

Well, time to back out into the growing heat and sweat some more...
I was just talking with a guy today that was saying that he knew someone who lost their butt on a house in Tahoe. Got a real good deal, pretty much a steel at the time, when housing was higher for $275K. Now he can't get anyone to look at it and is only asking, as I recall, $160K. Ya never know, you might be surprised at just how cheap you can find a house for, if you look around for a desperate and motivated seller.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:57 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Good Morning All!

Happy TGIF!

Old 07-08-2011, 11:10 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Goodmorning FTE friends

YEAH....It's Friday finally! The weekend is here & I think I'm going to make the best of it. I gotta find me a gf to hang out with.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:32 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Friday, and a weekend of rest ....after all the partying a week ago....and maybe a bit of honey do stuff is on tap.

Old 07-09-2011, 01:47 AM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

Received 97 Likes on 53 Posts
OMG. One of my best days ever. Laguna Seca. My new Boss. Got to drive the track! It was a "parade lap" and I figured we wouldn't go more than 40. I found out otherwise.

YouTube - ‪Parade Lap at Laguna Seca‬‏

Old 07-09-2011, 07:22 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Good Morning All!

Welcome to the weekend, hope everyone has a great Saturday!

Old 07-09-2011, 08:24 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Top of the day to all...we might see rain here in the next month

Old 07-09-2011, 11:05 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Hi everyone.

WOOHOO!...race day here! Time to get everything ready for the kids. I washed my 4Runner & loaded my med bag, backboard, splints, & O2 lastnight so all I have to do today is load the quads/bikes, make sure everyone has all their gear, & pickup the neighbor kid on our way. He'll be racing too!
Hope you all have a great day. I'm off & running...

Old 07-09-2011, 12:42 PM
fastmover
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fat Diesel
OMG. One of my best days ever. Laguna Seca. My new Boss. Got to drive the track! It was a "parade lap" and I figured we wouldn't go more than 40. I found out otherwise.

YouTube - ‪Parade Lap at Laguna Seca‬‏
Dang, that is a sweet sounding car you have. That is the Mustang I want. Sounds like you got to have some fun there. I know I could look it up, but how many HP from that engine?? I'd like to take my little WRX around that track some time. I live pretty close to Sears Point (Infineon).

As for a G2G, I am open pretty much any weekend, except next. Location should be either somewhere really nice to escape to or some where central so it is a shorter drive. I am open to suggestions. One suggestion I have is that it is that if gas cost is a concern, especially with a big Ford, it is fine to come in something much more gas efficient or car/truck pool together.

Hope everyone is having a grand weekend. My plans are yard work, work work, and grilling some chicken tonight on my new grill.

Old 07-10-2011, 07:40 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Good Morning All!

Have a great Sunday!

Old 07-10-2011, 09:46 AM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

Received 97 Likes on 53 Posts
Thanks Karl. The Boss engine is rated at 444 HP and they dyno at about 390-400 RWHP. We can always meet at my house. I'm kinda sorta centrally located being near San Jose right off 101. For our 7.3 GTG's I get people from Oregon, AZ, and SoCal. But I am willing to drive my commuter car elsewhere!

Old 07-11-2011, 06:27 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Thank God it's Monday...time to recover from the weekend!

Quick Reply: July open chat thread