6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

check engine light

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 08:56 PM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I feel that with the check engine light on I am losing MPG's for sure. PLEASE FORD GET A FIX FOR THIS.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:35 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sgt93
I feel that with the check engine light on I am losing MPG's for sure. PLEASE FORD GET A FIX FOR THIS.
I am just curious...what are you seeing for mileage?

Old 02-28-2011, 04:58 PM
mr.windows
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been getting around 15mpg, I have been mostly doing city driving the past month so as for me I havent noticed a huge difference in mpg. The thing that is bothering me so much is the loss of power it feels like my old 1986 F-150 with the 300 6cyl LOL maybe not quite that bad but definitly very noticable!

Old 02-28-2011, 05:09 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
Your mileage appears to be typical of this truck running the crappy winter fuel. I lost 2 to 3 MPG the day they switched to winter fuel. I knew it with the first tankful.

Regards

Old 03-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Aflac99
New User
Originally Posted by mr.windows
I have been getting around 15mpg, I have been mostly doing city driving the past month so as for me I havent noticed a huge difference in mpg. The thing that is bothering me so much is the loss of power it feels like my old 1986 F-150 with the 300 6cyl LOL maybe not quite that bad but definitly very noticable!
I am new to this site and have a 2011 F250 that just started the same thing mpg is down to 15 and engine service lite is on..I have 25,000 miles could my problem be what you guys are seeing or maybe a fuel filter change??? I live in south ga. so it is not the cold.....

Old 03-03-2011, 06:52 PM
mr.windows
Junior User
Aflac99 Welcome to the site must be a Carl Edwards fan?????? Most all of the trucks i have heard about with this problem have been in the cold climates, Im in Mn and there is 11 at my dealership alone dont feel bad my light has been on since Jan.27 with still no fix in site as per my dealership on Monday, are you having a noticable loss of power that is what is effecting mine the most not so much the mileage

Old 03-03-2011, 07:15 PM
Aflac99
New User
Aflac99 Welcome to the site must be a Carl Edwards fan?????? Most all of the trucks i have heard about with this problem have been in the cold climates, Im in Mn and there is 11 at my dealership alone dont feel bad my light has been on since Jan.27 with still no fix in site as per my dealership on Monday, are you having a noticable loss of power that is what is effecting mine the most not so much the mileage
BIG Carl Edwards fan....Power seems to be great..I have been getting 19-20 mpg but it has droped big time since lite came on...Idles good, power is good..Though I have not pulled any heavy loads other than a pig cooker...I am taking it tomorrow to have it checked out BUT not at my dealer..I will never return their again....I was just wondering about the filter....Oh by the way headed to Bristol in a few weeks to see Carl...

Old 03-03-2011, 07:23 PM
mr.windows
Junior User
Im jealous i was there for the night race i n 08 and 09 best track in the world!!! Keep us posted what the dealer finds out.Good luck!!!

Old 03-03-2011, 07:26 PM
TyWebb
Senior User
This code P164A I believe has been pretty limited to us idiots living in extreme cold regions. Let us know what you find out and what code you are throwing.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:31 PM
mr.windows
Junior User
TyWebb, have you talked to Boyer lately about this? North Country still has no info for me or either there not telling me!!

Old 03-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Aflac99
New User
Im jealous i was there for the night race i n 08 and 09 best track in the world!!! Keep us posted what the dealer finds out.Good luck!!!
Will do...FWIW I was at the nite races is 08 and 09 as well...Hope to be there for this years nite race too.....

Old 03-03-2011, 07:42 PM
TyWebb
Senior User
TyWebb, have you talked to Boyer lately about this? North Country still has no info for me or either there not telling me!!
I have not talked to them in about 3 weeks. I have 600 to go until I change my oil so will be taking it in over the next couple of weeks. I hope to get an update at that time.

FYI- I spoke to my brother who works at a Ford dealership out West and he told me to make a point to file a formal complaint with Ford. He said they will most likely give us a couple free services. I don't have the time or energy to complain but figured I would share what he told me.

All that said I plan are hooking up to the toy hauler mid April....if we don't have the fix by then I am going to get pissy.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:11 PM
mr.windows
Junior User
TyWebb, I hear ya there im getting pissy already!! How do you file a complaint with Ford Where do i do this at, I figure at least if i can get a oil change or something it will make me feel a little better since we are burning more fuel in our trucks during this,fortunately for me my camper is on a seasonal site so i havent had to pull anything heavy yet!!

Old 03-04-2011, 09:53 AM
Rickx
Senior User
I had a CEL three weeks ago and it turned out my DEF pump had failed. It took the dealer about a week and a half to get it, they were back ordered. They did tell me I could pick it up and drive it, that it would not affect performance. I chose to leave it there until fixed.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:55 AM
TyWebb
Senior User
TyWebb, I hear ya there im getting pissy already!! How do you file a complaint with Ford Where do i do this at, I figure at least if i can get a oil change or something it will make me feel a little better since we are burning more fuel in our trucks during this,fortunately for me my camper is on a seasonal site so i havent had to pull anything heavy yet!!
I will give my brother a call and see if he has a back door number you can call.

Quick Reply: check engine light