2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding telescoping trailer tow mirrors

Old 04-09-2008, 06:30 PM
FTE/PARTS-GUY
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by krazymatt
Towing mirrors is actually just what I've been looking for. Why can't I find these mirrors on the listed site??? I tryed the part number and everything, and they just won't find them. Thanks...

7L3Z-17682-AE

7L3Z-17683-AE

7L3Z-19980-D

search using part numbers

Ed

Old 04-09-2008, 09:42 PM
fx4local3284
Junior User
does any one know if the mirrors will fit on an 04 f 150

Old 04-10-2008, 08:48 AM
Ford Fx4
Laughing Gas
Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts
If it's the new body style, then yes.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Tasca Ford Parts
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by F0rdzTuff
8L3Z-17683-HA (Left Mirror) $552.63
8L3Z-17682-HA (Right Mirror) $385.97
7L3Z-17K707-K (Big glass, Both Mirrors) $177.68
7L3Z-17K707-A (Small Glass Both Mirrors) $16.80

Plus $75..92 for tax

Those prices are MSRP, Just talked to tasca and they have them for $364.74 and $254.74 Also you do not need to buy the glass separately it is included with the mirror. Also that is not a trailer tow mirror it is only a power fold mirror. The 2 glass part numbers that you have are just the right and left glass numbers for the regular power fold mirror. Your dealer has no idea what he is doing.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:14 AM
F0rdzTuff
Elder User
Originally Posted by Domlogic
Those prices are MSRP, Just talked to tasca and they have them for $364.74 and $254.74 Also you do not need to buy the glass separately it is included with the mirror. Also that is not a trailer tow mirror it is only a power fold mirror. The 2 glass part numbers that you have are just the right and left glass numbers for the regular power fold mirror. Your dealer has no idea what he is doing.
Well, when I looked at the pictures on the computer at the dealership, it damn sure looks like the same mirror I have, (Trailer Tow) and the glass IS sold separately. Don't come on here getting stupid with me about something I wanted to do to MY truck. Especially when you're 3 days behind the inital conversation. How do you know your buds at Tasca don't have the wrong info? According to Ed a little further up on this same board, who happens to be a Ford dealer, those part numbers ARE right, and those are the right mirrors. Either way, go away. The tone of your font is annoying.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:33 AM
Tasca Ford Parts
Former Vendor
Go for it then order them. No one is stopping you. I've ben doing this for 6 years and I know how to read a parts catalog. Ask the FTEGuy if the glass is separate and see what he says he is a dealer as well. Ford does not make a mirror housing that does not come with the glass. The glass is offered separately so if you break it you can just replace the glass and not the whole assembly. Your dealer gave you MSRP, Most dealers have a price matrix in the computer to bump the list price up. Looks like you are getting a discount ans they are still screwing you. Trying calling a few other places with the part numbers. And I'm sorry the tone of my typing annoyed you. Ed he is ll yours......

Old 04-10-2008, 10:42 AM
FTE/PARTS-GUY
Former Vendor
The part number for the mirrors are correct for power fold, the 17K707 are the mirror glass and are not what you need. It's just you need looms,modules relay etc to add power fold an is really not a option. see post #36

Ed

Old 04-10-2008, 11:37 AM
F0rdzTuff
Elder User
Originally Posted by FTE/PARTS-GUY
The part number for the mirrors are correct for power fold, the 17K707 are the mirror glass and are not what you need. It's just you need looms,modules relay etc to add power fold an is really not a option. see post #36

Ed
After researching deeper into the subject, (research that your post compelled me to do) I decided it wasn't cost effective to get them installed. I have the money for it, but I'm not a fool. I may go with a little smaller mirror, though I like the view transmitted through the trailer tow ones. I just don't know.

Maybe I'll just go buy a King Ranch and give the Lariat to my son for a graduation present from High School in May, and from Basic Training and AIT in October. I don't want an 09 though. I don't like the way they look in the photos. Maybe in person it'll be different. I'm off the rest of the week, so I'll go talk to the dealer in a bit and see what he'll give me for my Lariat in case I go that route. It has under 3000 miles on it. I bought it cash, and it's very "clean".

Thanks for your help.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:56 AM
FTE/PARTS-GUY
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by F0rdzTuff
After researching deeper into the subject, (research that your post compelled me to do) I decided it wasn't cost effective to get them installed. I have the money for it, but I'm not a fool. I may go with a little smaller mirror, though I like the view transmitted through the trailer tow ones. I just don't know.

Maybe I'll just go buy a King Ranch and give the Lariat to my son for a graduation present from High School in May, and from Basic Training and AIT in October. I don't want an 09 though. I don't like the way they look in the photos. Maybe in person it'll be different. I'm off the rest of the week, so I'll go talk to the dealer in a bit and see what he'll give me for my Lariat in case I go that route. It has under 3000 miles on it. I bought it cash, and it's very "clean".

Thanks for your help.
I'm available for adoption also and would love to get a new truck too!

give the kid the truck and go spoil yourself and buy a new truck!

Ed

Old 04-10-2008, 12:21 PM
F0rdzTuff
Elder User
Originally Posted by FTE/PARTS-GUY
I'm available for adoption also and would love to get a new truck too!

give the kid the truck and go spoil yourself and buy a new truck!

Ed
I just bought this one in February. If my wife would park straight, this would be a non-issue even with the manual mirrors. This one is a lot wider (at least at the mirrors) than my 2002 was.

I sold my 2003 SVT Mustang after it got some blower, head, and xmsn work done. It had 498rwhp...and bought this truck because I wanted a new truck. Should have left the Mustang SVT stock. I could be in 4th gear doing 60 and smoke the tires just by going to WOT if traction control was turned off. You should have seen the looks when I was in a mood. It almost got banned from post at Fort Lewis. It was pure evil.

Maybe I could give the dealer the Escape and my Lariat and walk out with the KR. Wife never drives it anyway. Then I could buy my kid a new car (mileage) when he comes home on leave. He drives a WRX STi right now. That thing's pretty quick for being butt-ugly.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:31 PM
krazymatt
Senior User
FTE Parts Guy, Okay, Now I'm confused. So what do I need to install the telescopic towing mirrors onto my 06 Lariat? And what's the price...Thanks

Old 04-10-2008, 12:31 PM
FTE/PARTS-GUY
Former Vendor
cool, I'm sure you will work it out. Talk to your local dealer they might be able to work you a deal. nice chatting with ya!

Ed

Old 04-10-2008, 12:34 PM
FTE/PARTS-GUY
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by krazymatt
FTE Parts Guy, Okay, Now I'm confused. So what do I need to install the telescopic towing mirrors onto my 06 Lariat? Thanks
here is an earlier post, hope this clears it up. For price please visit my site. They(moderators) don't like it when we post sell prices direct on forum.

or you can call me direct 360-616-6749

Ed

I ran a few vin numbers from a few F150's and checked out wiring looms relays, modules etc.

Not a big deal to add trailer tow mirrors with the black backing w/ power glass
signal w/ manual fold. Change the mirrors and the control head everything should be ok.

7L3Z-17682-AE

7L3Z-17683-AE

7L3Z-19980-D

Now if you want to have the power fold option, I don't think I would want any part of this, why? seems the door looms are different the main looms are different, they are controlled thru the SJB (smart junction box) there are relays and modules depends if you have memory or with out. Ford does not make this easy to add from a parts person point of view. Its not like just finding a power source and hook it to a switch. I could be wrong but it will take someone smarter then me to figure out if a power fold can be added.

I respectfully decline trying to add power fold to a rig that didn't comes with it.

Ed

Old 04-10-2008, 12:44 PM
krazymatt
Senior User
7L3Z-19980-D

Okay, it wouldn't pull up the above part number. What is that? A wiring harness?

So the below numbers are the actual telescoping mirrors with the signal, power adjust, and manual fold right? There was some sort of confusion on a previous post about glass, and mirrors, and that's where I became confused. THhanks..............Matt

7L3Z-17682-AE

7L3Z-17683-AE

Old 04-10-2008, 12:47 PM
krazymatt
Senior User
Is there any actual pictures of the mirrors which the part numbers refer to? Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Adding telescoping trailer tow mirrors