2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding telescoping trailer tow mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 05:04 PM
FTE/PARTS-GUY
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, I been asked to chip in.

So here it goes,

I went out and looked at a few trucks and the power fold also have a switch for the fold option, I do not know yet if you need any modules or looms as of yet to make it work.

The 8L3Z-17682-HA and the 8L3Z-17683-HA are the correct ones for the black backing cover with power fold.

They are not listed in my online catalog yet, the part number is to new. I will have to add it myself.

This is what I can do, I will fully check this out and run a couple of vin number and see if the looms are different if there is a module and if the heater control head need to be change like the F150's do.

I will be back.

I know everyone is trying to save a buck, I hear ya. I do pay for the right to be a sponsor here and on the F150 forum. Tacsa Ford does not. Matter of fact they have dealership parts employees posting as regular members directing people to there site. Please support the sponsors here on this site and others, without paying sponsors there wouldn't be sites like this.

Ed

Old 04-08-2008, 05:48 PM
the_webers_inc
A mostly quiet Supporter
Originally Posted by FTE/PARTS-GUY
I know everyone is trying to save a buck, I hear ya. I do pay for the right to be a sponsor here and on the F150 forum. Tacsa Ford does not.
I didn't realize that, sorry Ed. I will make sure to check you out first in the future.

T. J.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:21 PM
FTE/PARTS-GUY
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by the_webers_inc
I didn't realize that, sorry Ed. I will make sure to you first in the future.

T. J.

your cool, no worries. It just some people(company's) trying to skirt the system.

they dont pay anything in sponsorship and then give it away, can't compete with a ^%$@#

if it's a level playing field. bring it on!

anyway I'm going out right now to check these trucks out.

I'll be in touch.

Ed

Old 04-08-2008, 07:31 PM
FTE/PARTS-GUY
Former Vendor
oh great, I did this for the superdutys.

never mine, I got to go look at some F150's

I'll be back.

Ed

Old 04-08-2008, 09:20 PM
F0rdzTuff
Elder User
oh great, I did this for the superdutys.

never mine, I got to go look at some F150's

I'll be back.

Ed
My 2008 F150 Lariat has the switch that accomodates the powerfold option. You simply pull it "rearward" according to the manual. It even has the "diagram" on the switch. I just ain't got da' mirrors....

Old 04-09-2008, 09:41 AM
FTE/PARTS-GUY
Former Vendor
I ran a few vin numbers from a few F150's and checked out wiring looms relays, modules etc.

Not a big deal to add trailer tow mirrors with the black backing w/power glass
signal w/ manual fold. Change the mirrors and the control head everything should be ok.

7L3Z-17682-AE

7L3Z-17683-AE

7L3Z-19980-D

Now if you want to have the power fold option, I don't think I would want any part of this, why? seems the door looms are different the main looms are different, they are controlled thru the SJB (smart junction box) there are relays and modules depends if you have memory or with out. Ford does not make this easy to add from a parts person point of view. Its not like just finding a power source and hook it to a switch. I could be wrong but it will take someone smarter then me to figure out if a power fold can be added.

I respectfully decline trying to add power fold to a rig that didn't comes with it.

Ed

Old 04-09-2008, 09:49 AM
FTE/PARTS-GUY
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by F0rdzTuff
8L3Z-17683-HA (Left Mirror) $552.63
8L3Z-17682-HA (Right Mirror) $385.97
7L3Z-17K707-K (Big glass, Both Mirrors) $177.68
7L3Z-17K707-A (Small Glass Both Mirrors) $16.80

Plus $75..92 for tax

That's is FULL list price!

Ed

Old 04-09-2008, 09:53 AM
F0rdzTuff
Elder User
Lariat adds: Chrome (monotone) or Arizona Beige two-tone front and rear bumpers; chrome grille surround with Light Arizona Beige honeycomb insert; power heated side mirrors with integral turn signal; 18-inch bright aluminum wheels; electronic automatic temperature control; rear window defroster; carpeting and floor mats; message center with trip computer; leather-wrapped steering wheel with duplicate controls; power-adjustable driver’s seat and leather-trimmed seating surfaces.
Selected options include: SIRIUS satellite radio; auxiliary audio input jack; navigation system; overhead rail storage system; traction assist; power-fold heated side mirrors; mechanical or automatic shift-on-the-fly four-wheel-drive; skid plates; limited slip axle; 35.7-gallon fuel tank; fog lamps; two-tone paint; various appearance upgrade packages; power-adjustable pedals; power-sliding rear window; reverse sensing system; six-disc CD changer; audiophile audio system; heavy-duty payload package; trailer tow package; snow-plow prep package; work truck package and rear-seat entertainment system.

That's from a Ford release on the 2008 Lariat F150. I'm guessing it would simply be a huge PITA to try to add the mirrors, huh? I can live with the manual fold ones, but I would like the powerfolds...

Thanks for your time!! Next time I want something, I'll check out your site first.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:54 AM
F0rdzTuff
Elder User
That's is FULL list price!

Ed
Uh, no it's not. I have the price quote printed out, and that is their net price. The column to the left of that shows their retail price, and it's a few hundred $$$ higher.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:59 AM
FTE/PARTS-GUY
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by F0rdzTuff
Uh, no it's not. I have the price quote printed out, and that is their net price. The column to the left of that shows their retail price, and it's a few hundred $$$ higher.

Don't mean to argue with you, but I'm a dealer and that is LIST PRICE!

Just want to make sure you get a deal if somehow you can pull this off.

Ed

Old 04-09-2008, 10:04 AM
F0rdzTuff
Elder User
Mine's got (Chrome) front and rear bumpers; chrome grille surround with honeycomb insert; power heated side mirrors with integral turn signal and puddle lamps; 18-inch bright aluminum wheels; electronic automatic temperature control; black carpeting and floor mats; message center with trip computer; leather-wrapped steering wheel with duplicate controls; power-adjustable driver and passenger seats and leather-trimmed seating surfaces.
Selected options include: SIRIUS satellite radio; auxiliary audio input jack; automatic shift-on-the-fly four-wheel-drive; skid plates; limited slip axle; 35.7-gallon fuel tank; fog lamps; appearance upgrade package (Chrome Package); 5-inch chrome step bars; power-adjustable pedals; power-sliding rear window; six-disc CD changer; audiophile audio system; trailer tow package. Along with tinted windows; rhino liner tuff grip; Garmin GPS, Flowmaster 50 SUV; Toolbox; Weathertech flooring system.

That's mine in "Stone Green" which is actually a brown color unless you're in the right light. All I want is some Power-Fold mirrors....And a blower...

Old 04-09-2008, 10:19 AM
F0rdzTuff
Elder User
Don't mean to argue with you, but I'm a dealer and that is LIST PRICE!

Just want to make sure you get a deal if somehow you can pull this off.

Ed
Well, if I had an old-school scanner then I'd post the invoice/quote and let you see it. Those prices are listed in the Net Column. What can you get them for?

Old 04-09-2008, 10:33 AM
FTE/PARTS-GUY
Former Vendor
I'll send you a pm.

Ed

Old 04-09-2008, 05:39 PM
krazymatt
Senior User
Towing mirrors is actually just what I've been looking for. Why can't I find these mirrors on the listed site??? I tryed the part number and everything, and they just won't find them. Thanks...

Old 04-09-2008, 05:55 PM
FTE/PARTS-GUY
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by krazymatt
Towing mirrors is actually just what I've been looking for. Why can't I find these mirrors on the listed site??? I tryed the part number and everything, and they just won't find them. Thanks...

Which ones?

my site?

use the contact us link and i'll send you links for the parts.

Ed

Quick Reply: Adding telescoping trailer tow mirrors