Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

Truck Pulling

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 02:08 PM
The Freak
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, that's cool. Depending on how nasty the weather gets, I'll probably give you a call on Saturday morning. Sunday is supposed to be the Raymond Central FFA auction. I wonder how nasty it will have to get before they reschedule??

Old 01-15-2007, 08:43 AM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jamie and/or Jeff... Do you guys know anyone locally that cuts tires? I found a guy that pulls with the outlaws that cuts tires but he is 3.5 hours away.

Thanks,

Chris

Old 03-22-2007, 01:36 PM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
TTT.... How are your guys trucks coming? Our's is in the shop with the motor and trans pulled, Box is off. Going to buy the motor & trans this Sunday. Need to do some plating, build a mount for the trans, redo the hitch, and paint the under side. Then we can build some weight racks for the bed. I am ready to get pulling again. Should be an interesting year. Anyone heard what Brad S. (Sum Fun) is doing this year? Heard he is going 2wd but not sure what class. Good luck guys.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:46 PM
The Freak
Senior User
Haven't really been doing a whole hell of alot. Since it started warming up again, I've been catching up with things I couldn't do during the cold. I'm going to try and set aside my weekends in April strictly for working on the truck. I think in a few weekends I should have everything done that I want to do before I test it out.

I'm sure Brad's truck is done. They were pretty far on it towards the end of 06. From what I heard, he is going to pull in the Modified class. I also heard that Rich was building a newer body style truck. Not sure if it's fact or not, it's just what I heard. Other than that, I haven't heard much more. I talked to Al and Troy at the swap meet in Lincoln a few weeks back. I think Al is still going to try and have a test and tune before the pull in Fremont.

Old 03-22-2007, 02:00 PM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Good deal. I know Brad was not sure which class when we were at the meeting (or so I heard). I don't know if Rich is building a new truck but I do know that he is moving up to modified. I should find out more this weekend. I also heard that the Mean Farmer is supposed to be building a couple of trucks for the 2wd street mod class (that is what Joe told me at the meeting).

I sure hope that they get a test & tune setup before Fremont. We will need as many hooks as we can get to learn to drive this truck with the new setup. Hopefully it will be a lot better. We need to do tech inspections too. I guess the South one won't be much good unless you are skipping Fremont. LOL.

Do you know how Jeff's truck is coming?

Old 03-26-2007, 10:07 AM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Talked to Rich, Devo, and Joe yesterday and got to see the new truck. The said that we should 3-4 new trucks in our class and a couple of new ones the mod 2wd (Hookin' & Brad). Is there any truth to Chris (Tinker Toy) building his son a 2wd?

We got all of our stuff home and now it is time to get to work. We were also told to plan for a tech day in Scribner on 06/09/07 but they aren't sure about a test & tune. He was going to try and firm up things this week.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:16 AM
The Freak
Senior User
So they're building a new truck for the Super Stock class and moving Hooking up to Mod?? What year of truck is it?? I'm not sure how many trucks Loy is working on I haven't talked to him in a few months. Maybe I'll call him this weekend and see what's up. I'm not sure what Chris is up to. I know him and Benny are going to split time driving the 4wd.

When I talked to Al at the swap meet he had mentioned that he would probably have inspections the week before the first pull. Did they happen to mention if they were going to have another meeting before then??

Old 03-26-2007, 10:53 AM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Nope the way I understand it they will be selling the old Hookin and the new truck will be a mod and keep the Hookin name. Not sure what year. I would guess it is 80's.

They didn't mention anything about a meeting.

Old 03-26-2007, 11:36 AM
SilverHighboy
Junior User
Progress has been slow but I ended having to pull the motor due to some piston damage. Right now I have not even got into the chassis mods and saftey stuff and I probably won't until I get the motor back together after the rebuild. But the parts are starting to show up for everything and the weather is getting warmer so I'll take each day as it comes. That and we have a little one on the way that is due in May and I'm trying to get our addition on the house finished plus work has been keeping me on the road alot so the family and job are my priority right now. But with that said I will have a truck up and running this year just not sure when, I need to to keep my sanity!

Old 03-26-2007, 11:49 AM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Congrats on the little one.

Old 03-27-2007, 08:56 AM
The Freak
Senior User
You should have looked into buying the Hookin truck. Did they say how much they were going to be asking for it??

Good to hear from ya Jeff. Chris told me you found a few things wrong with your engine. Nothing a little time and money won't fix. Congrats on the little one. Amanda and I are expecting a baby boy the first week in June. It's definatley something you need to plan around. I was heading out to Chris' last weekend and saw the castle your building at your place. It's huge.

Like I said, I hope to get most of the stuff wrapped up on my truck in the next month or so, but you know how that goes. I think I'm going to haul some car bodies in this Friday. It's an easy way to get some cash to order some more goodies. The prices for scrap iron and car bodies is crazy.

Old 03-27-2007, 09:02 AM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Congrats to you too. Sounds like a bunch of future pullers will be running around.

They didn't say what they wanted for it. It doesn't come with a motor as we bought the backup that they ran at West Point and they spackled their good one all over Scribner last year. We should have just bought King Cobra last year instead of building one. Oh well. We have learned a lot and it has been fun.

Old 03-27-2007, 09:16 AM
The Freak
Senior User
Yeah, from what I heard, buying King Cobra would have been a pretty good deal. If I wasn't already started on building my new engine, I would have seriously considered it. It would be interesting to see how much they would want for that truck with a rolling chassis.

I'm the same way you are. When I started, if I would have known the things that I know now, I would have done a lot of things different, but learning and trying different things is what makes it interesting. Seems like you learn something new everytime you go to a pull.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:34 AM
The Freak
Senior User
SuperDuty, do you happen to have any updated pictures on your website?? I was curious if you had any of the new engine. What was that link again??

Old 04-02-2007, 03:46 PM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
The YES DEERE... Website.

The last pictures that we have are from Scribner of last year. The build pictures are from last year. I have been waiting to get some new ones when we get the new tires and new motor in and then we can pull it out. We worked a little bit last weekend and moved some things and then got a new hitch built. Should be ordering the new headers at the end of the week and hopefully our MSD stuff and flywheel will be here by then too. Doubt we get much done this weekend with the holiday but we will see. You about ready? Do you have any pics of your truck? I think I saw an old picture long ago. If you do post them up or drop me an email cbsuperduty_at_gmail.com (remove the _ and change the @).

Any word on Test-n-Tunes? I see that they have the South TI setup but nothing for up North yet. Hope they have one as we would like to make a couple of passes on the new setup before the season starts.

Chris

Quick Reply: Truck Pulling