Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

Truck Pulling

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 12:12 PM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey CB - Great web site. I am hoping to make it out to either Scribner or Wahoo. I haven't been to a truck pull in ages and it will be fun to root for someone!

Old 07-24-2006, 01:55 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nope he wasnt there I guess. Looks like your gettin all the bugs an kinks worked out. 252ft that sounds impressive. Score a victory for you. That King Cobra looks to be the toughest competitor out there in 2wds. Your gaining byleaps an bounds in your pulling with just two pulls.

Old 07-24-2006, 03:46 PM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK... Got a few of the pics up on the site. Look at the bottom of the page. Will try to get more up in the next couple of days. Now you guys will know what to look for.

I have to disagree. The guys with King Cobra are doing good and learning like us (and do better then us at least for now) but they are about the 4th place truck. Red Thunder and Hookin are the top two and then High Roller. They are makin improvements and I don't want it to seem like I am being down on them as I hope to be up to competing with them someday.

Thanks Rob, be sure to check back periodically for updates.

Old 07-24-2006, 07:33 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
That really looks good. The paint job looks great. Makes the truck look good. I can see it now your pulling for the pts championship at the Nebraska state fair. I bet the pulling bug is in you now. Youll be pulling a long time. If I go to Wahoo or Scribner I defintly wont miss you. Good Luck. I hope Silver is till around. Id like to here how he is doing. Did they have stock truck pulling where you were. Diesls an gassers.

Old 07-24-2006, 10:35 PM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Thanks. Yes it is definately bright.

Yes we do have a bit of a bug now. We hope to make both of those pulls so be sure to say hello if you are there.

Yes they had some stock trucks. All gassers, which is weird as they usually have a few diesels.

Old 07-25-2006, 05:14 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
For you guys that wanna know. Scribner an Wahoo are getting pretty close. Aug 4th is Scribner August 5 is Wahoo. Boy I cant wait. For you guys that want truck pulling excitment. If Scribner doesnt fill you bill. Wahoo will definitly do it. Hope these two truck pullers in this thread get to pull there trucks. I cant wait.

Old 07-27-2006, 10:03 PM
nikates
Senior User
cb's paint job looks alot better in person but the pics still look good

know all you need is 1 of the big john deer stickers i used to have in my old truck lol

Old 07-27-2006, 10:24 PM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Thanks. Were you at Malvern? If I could find one of those stickers both of my trucks would have it.

Old 07-28-2006, 07:48 AM
nikates
Senior User
know i seen it in jessie's shop. ill see if i can find those stickers

Old 07-28-2006, 01:13 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Hey CB, nice looking puller. I'm like Rob, I haven't been to a truck/tractor pull in ages. I'll have to see about taking the kids to one of these. It'd be nice to be able to meet some of you guys while I was at it.

Old 07-30-2006, 10:12 AM
150ford
Post Fiend
Youll love it Pat. You wont regret it. I hope its a bit cooler then the last couple off days thou. Ok Silver an CB are you guys pulling on Saturday. If not I will stay home. No use going unless the two best pullers are there. 6 days an counting. I can imagine people are burning the midnight oil toget there trucks ready for this weekend.

Old 07-31-2006, 10:31 AM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
We will be there. We are pulling in Scribner on Friday night and assuming we don't break or have issues we will be pulling in Wahoo Sat. night. Haven't heard from Silver in while so lets hope that he is busy getting his truck ready. From the other board it sounds like there should be a good turn out. If any of you guys make it out make sure you say hello. I'm the tall fat guy (Chris) and Bryan is the shorter one with no sleeves.

Old 07-31-2006, 11:03 PM
SilverHighboy
Junior User
I'm still out here just been getting in after midnight to much lately. I had the truck done for the most part yesterday so that I would be able to run an exhibition at the Wahoo tractor pull with Smokin 7, Power Trip and Tinker Toy but the motor just didn't sound right sounded like it was missing after a short run down the drive so I checked the temp with the temp gun and the whole passenger side was running about 200 degrees cooler on the exhaust ports and the number one was about 250 cooler than the drivers side. So at that point I thought I had a fueling problem and ran out of time so I just went to the pull and figured I would check it out of my lunch hour..........................................
Lunch hour came today and needless to say I just got in the house and my motor is tore down to the short block. I pulled the valve covers off only to find the number one push rod was "missing" not good! So at that point I started to disassemble it to find it laying in the lifter galley looking like a limp you know what and the lifter it self is toast. Once again not good! So anyway I call up a good friend that owns a race engine shop and started putting together a game plan. We now have a new cam shipping from the manufacture next day along with lifters, push rods, and a new chain so anyway I will have my work cut out for me to get this thing running by Wahoo. So will see how the next couple of days goes and take it from there ONE PIECE AT A TIME has a new meaning for me.

Old 08-01-2006, 08:12 AM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Sorry to hear about your troubles but atleast glad to hear that you are getting closer. I know how it feels to think you are ready and then find out you have to tear it back down again. Hopefully you can get it put back together by this weekend and make a pass or two. Let us know if you need anything.

Old 08-02-2006, 04:23 AM
150ford
Post Fiend
Sorry to here that. I know what you mean just when you think your ready to go an everything is fine your back to square one. I helped a buddy of mine years ago with a stock car an went through that scenario several times. One thing is for certain expect the unexpected. Heres hoping you get your truck up an running for Wahoo. If not you can pull your silver truck. If everything works out Ill try an be there if not I will find somebody that has taken a video off the pull an I still wont miss it. Good Luck

Quick Reply: Truck Pulling