Notices
2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine Advertisement
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edge Vs.

Old 01-31-2006, 08:35 PM
JackDob
New User
JackDob is starting off with a positive reputation.
When I was looking for cheaper alternatives than the F-150 I drove a Titian NISMO and I'll agree that it was a real 'peppy' truck. I decided on the F-150 because it just seemed like more 'truck'. I really like the F-150. I came from a 4.0 V6 5 Speed Scab Ranger.

So my step up to a 5.4 V8 gave me all the 'pep' I thought I needed. I knew that it was possible that was going to take a 25% hit in fuel economy so that was not an issue. I hoped for better but I got low end what I knew or expected that I could get. What I did not like was the way the truck shifted. This is the first automatic tranny that I bought for my personal transportation in over 45 years. So know you have an idea of my age...

I got interested in the Edge because it gave the the oppurtunity to fix my only complaint. Now I also thought that if I could get better fuel economy that would be a plus. Right now I'm cycling trough all the pre-programs and changing octane inputs to the programs looking for a increase in MPG. I am running about 1,000 miles on each program and I have locked in 10% better MPG and I have bearly started testing.. I using the performance tune now and 89 octane with 89 octane set in the program.

I have a little over 10K on the odo and I had about 6k on the odo when I got the Edge around January 10th. I have owned the truck since July and it only had 1700 miles the first week of November when I switched over from my summer ride, a BMW K1200LT M/C.

I was very happy.. no very very happy with the performance of the engine. Last week I decided on a back highway late at night on my way home from work that I was going to see what this Edge and performance tune was all about. I hit a portion of the road that was straight for 3 miles and ran through turned and did a 0-60 and a 1/4 mile. Both were from the traveled protion of the lane (no sand or grit) and the first one actually surprised me and I didn't do a WOT right off basically cause I didn't know what to expect. Ran a respectable 8.2 for an old guy that doesn't mistreat his trucks... I then decided to turn around and do a 1/4 mile and I was a little more 'agressive' so I stopped in the middle of the road... no traffic and almost pushed the pedal to the floor and and I ripped the both rear tires loose.. no chirp... I had to back off on the throttle to get some traction.. and got 87 in the 1/4 at 15.2 seconds..

I had little or no experience in the Titan but I have a good feel now for the F-150 and this Edge makes it fun to drive... My FX4 handles pretty good for a 5500 LB truck and to be able to rip the tires and get the times that I got having never done a timed 0-60 or 1/4 mile before.. I'm really impressed with the boost that I'm getting out of the Edge tuner.. Don't poo poo it..

Jack

Old 01-31-2006, 09:42 PM
DiscountPowerPrt
Elder User
DiscountPowerPrt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.DiscountPowerPrt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Technology is a wonderful thing. We carry all the brands of Tuners but the new Edge EEF2400 has out sold them all. We just started a new deal with the Innovative Diesel SCT flash tuners, they also do gas engines. Increadable results from them also. It will be interesting what happens there. The monitor with the Edge setup is just such a nice feature you have to admit.

Old 02-01-2006, 07:03 PM
sick150
Freshman User
sick150 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I don't know if this picture is going to work but as you can see it installs pretty nice, I just have to paint it to match.

Last edited by sick150; 02-01-2006 at 07:41 PM.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:56 PM
superrangerman2002
Postmaster
superrangerman2002 has a great reputation on FTE.superrangerman2002 has a great reputation on FTE.superrangerman2002 has a great reputation on FTE.superrangerman2002 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Cvinch
The only thing I want to know is if anyone has beat up on a Titan yet. That would made me buy the Edge right now! It has me on pins and needles every time a Titan or dodge ram gets close at a red light.
Been there done that.

Diablo Predator

Old 02-02-2006, 12:31 PM
RangerWask
Junior User
RangerWask is starting off with a positive reputation.
success w. 4.6?

Is the edge designed to work well wtih the 4.6 as well as the 5.4?

It just says it works with triton, so I assume it will work with both..

is that a correct assumption?

Old 02-02-2006, 12:34 PM
fordtrkpuller
FTE *******
fordtrkpuller is starting off with a positive reputation.
Both...yepper!

Old 02-02-2006, 04:41 PM
InboundFX4
Senior User
InboundFX4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Will I be an idiot if i buy this tuner mainly to run the 87 octane setting in the hopes of squeezing 15~ extra miles out of my tank? I just cant see my wallet shelling out the current price per gallon of higher octane gas, although I would occasionally run the performance tune. I really like what I read about this tuner; nothing negative yet.

Old 02-02-2006, 04:49 PM
fordtrkpuller
FTE *******
You can adjust the performance tune down for lower octain. Goto Edge's live webcast, it starts in 10 minuts (Thursdays at 6PM). You can even call in and ask questions!

Open your windows media player.
Click "FILE"
Click "Open URL"
Copy and paste this link to it...
http://stream2.edgeradio1.com:8000
And hit enter.

You will like the tranny enhancements as well. You can use ONLY the tranny enhancements without the power tunes if you wish, and you get guages. Its allllll good!

Old 02-02-2006, 05:29 PM
InboundFX4
Senior User
InboundFX4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by fordtrkpuller
...Goto Edge's live webcast, it starts in 10 minuts (Thursdays at 6PM). You can even call in and ask questions!
I'm still listening to music... Nothing about the Edge yet. Could it be 6pm Pacific?

Old 02-02-2006, 05:59 PM
fordtrkpuller
FTE *******
I dont know, I was under the impression is was like.....six O'clock real time...errrr.....Eastern time.

Old 02-02-2006, 07:37 PM
sick150
Freshman User
sick150 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am currently running the 87 tune w/ some minor adjustments, and am starting to get as of 3 days 1 mile per gallon increase in mileage so thats a good start since it's between 25 and 30 degrees in the midwest.

Old 02-02-2006, 10:29 PM
yanceyraider24
Freshman User
yanceyraider24 is starting off with a positive reputation.
if anyone truly knows alot about the tuning process and would like to share their opinions and settings for the perfict setup for your tune, I.E. speed limiter, rpm limiter, shift times... or anything else, reply so that when i get the tuner, i can get the most out of it.

Old 02-03-2006, 10:12 PM
RangerWask
Junior User
RangerWask is starting off with a positive reputation.
is this all an internal thing. Plugs into the computer port under the dash and mounts left of your steering wheel, and that is it?

When you remove it to have warranty repairs, there is no computer record of it being there?

THANKS!

Old 02-03-2006, 11:08 PM
guerrero101
Junior User
guerrero101 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by RangerWask
When you remove it to have warranty repairs, there is no computer record of it being there?

THANKS!
I called and asked Edge that same question and they said that if the Ford technician knew what to look for he would know that it was once installed.

Old 02-11-2006, 11:13 PM
nofd843
Freshman User
nofd843 is starting off with a positive reputation.
For those that have painted or know how to paint, what is the proper steps in prepping the housing for paint?

Cope

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Edge Vs.

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.