2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edge Vs.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 06:29 PM
RickyRocket
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RickyRocket
Will using the Edge Tuner void the warranty at all ?

<O
Originally Posted by HamerDown
I will say 100%...hell yea, even if the dealer sells it!
<O

I did some more digging, on the Edge site and looked at the user’s manual. They are pretty tricky. They basically say to remove it before taking it to the dealer if you have a problem.

From Edge user manual…<O</O

http://www.edgeproducts.com/product_images/product_variation-user_manual-161.doc

Many of our customers ask,"Will your product void my vehicle’s manufacturer’s warranty?" While the answer is straightforward from a legal standpoint, we also want to educate our customers (and after-market consumers) on some industry realities and offer some common sense precautions to minimize your risk...

enforcement of the warranty, it is very difficult for most people to hire an attorney and fight a voided warranty. Edge recommends that you always disconnect and/or remove any performance device or programmer before you take your vehicle to a dealer for any service, in order not to interfere with Diagnostic equipment.<O</O

So in other words after you blow out your transmission, simply remove the Edge, tow it to the dealer, and when the dealer asks "Have you used any after market performance tuners ?" Just play dumb, like they do.

<O
Score one for the consumer in this case…<O</O
<O</O

Old 02-20-2007, 09:13 PM
HamerDown
Senior User
Originally Posted by RickyRocket
<O
<O

I did some more digging, on the Edge site and looked at the user’s manual. They are pretty tricky. They basically say to remove it before taking it to the dealer if you have a problem.

From Edge user manual…<O</O

http://www.edgeproducts.com/product_images/product_variation-user_manual-161.doc

Many of our customers ask,"Will your product void my vehicle’s manufacturer’s warranty?" While the answer is straightforward from a legal standpoint, we also want to educate our customers (and after-market consumers) on some industry realities and offer some common sense precautions to minimize your risk...

enforcement of the warranty, it is very difficult for most people to hire an attorney and fight a voided warranty. Edge recommends that you always disconnect and/or remove any performance device or programmer before you take your vehicle to a dealer for any service, in order not to interfere with Diagnostic equipment.<O</O

So in other words after you blow out your transmission, simply remove the Edge, tow it to the dealer, and when the dealer asks "Have you used any after market performance tuners ?" Just play dumb, like they do.

<O
Score one for the consumer in this case…<O</O
<O</O
Except for one small detail...Ford knows where to look for a pierced wire.

Old 02-21-2007, 08:24 AM
bcoates
Junior User
HamerDown:

What are you talking about?

Old 02-21-2007, 10:46 AM
gui88ford
Posting Guru
hammerDown:

i think the edge plugs right into the port under the dash and thats it....

when you take the program back to stock can a ford tech tell if you had it on at all if you remove it....i'm getting a truck friday but i'm leasing it and i want to put an edge on but don't want to have problems....

Old 02-21-2007, 01:40 PM
fordtruckman
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

I'm so confused on what to buy, gosh it seems like so much to spend for a tuner, but i also have a reason to buy it because i snowplow in the winter and tow a bunch in the summer and it'd be nice to see the tranny temps, but i cant really see spending that much for it.

Where is the absolute cheapest i can find it??

Also why has the price gone up on it, a few months ago i was looking at it and it was $329.99 for it and the pod (i dont remeber what website) and now it's nearly $370, what the heck i thought technology was supposed to get cheaper as time went on...

i really have a need for it but also really have a need for the money in my wallet. I'm seriously considering buying a used one on ebay, if i can find one.

someone help lol...

Last edited by fordtruckman; 02-21-2007 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:59 PM
gui88ford
Posting Guru
from what i've head it's a good deal....i'm going to get one if i can take it back to stock and it will show like i never had anything on it....i don't want to mess it up and mess up my lease agreement either...

Old 02-21-2007, 04:21 PM
HamerDown
Senior User
Originally Posted by gui88ford
hammerDown:

i think the edge plugs right into the port under the dash and thats it....

when you take the program back to stock can a ford tech tell if you had it on at all if you remove it....i'm getting a truck friday but i'm leasing it and i want to put an edge on but don't want to have problems....
Personally I don't know for sure, just repeating what a friend mentioned about the "pierced wier" deal with his Edge. His could be a older unit or maybe something that was adapted to his truck.

Old 02-21-2007, 04:23 PM
gui88ford
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by HamerDown
Personally I don't know for sure, just repeating what a friend mentioned about the "pierced wier" deal with his Edge. His could be a older unit or maybe something that was adapted to his truck.
yeah, i don't have one but i thought that it just plugged into the port and that was it....

someone correct me if i'm wrong...

Old 02-22-2007, 05:45 AM
FX4Jim3
Junior User
Guys

It plugs in and when you want to remove it, return it to stock, and un plug it thats it. While my truck was still under warrenty I mounted the pod with velcro for easy removal. Now I used two sided tape.
It's the best thing I have put in my truck.

Old 02-22-2007, 06:07 AM
gui88ford
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by FX4Jim3
Guys

It plugs in and when you want to remove it, return it to stock, and un plug it thats it. While my truck was still under warrenty I mounted the pod with velcro for easy removal. Now I used two sided tape.
It's the best thing I have put in my truck.
so, even for me being a lease i can return it to stock then unplug and they would never know????

Old 02-22-2007, 08:17 AM
FX4Jim3
Junior User
yep thats it.

Old 02-22-2007, 08:28 AM
gui88ford
Posting Guru
cool...sounds good...thanks for the info...

Old 02-22-2007, 12:51 PM
shawnfb
New User
Which Model Tuner????

I have read through all of this thread, andf not once (that I can see) has an exact model number and name been linked to any discussion. Forgive me if I'm an idiot, but when I click on a link in this discussion it brings me to a diesel model.
can someone provide a model number or complete name.
"Edge" has sevaeral products..

thanks

Old 02-22-2007, 01:08 PM
DiscountPowerPrt
Elder User
I cant believe this thread is over a year old and on the first page. lol thats pretty funny.

In hopes to cut our stock down to a low roar on these units I have changed the price today. Edges new MVP pricing is going to slow down the mass Evo Mod Revolution lol! Its a great product, but i think it will be a tuff sell at the praposed $449.10 MVP price.

Parent company MSD now has the DasHawk digital display. So those of you with custom SCTs (Troyer or others), or any other tuner for that matter can have the best of both worlds. The MSD Dashawk looks identical to the Evo, works on many differant cars and trucks, and it installs just as easy as the Evo. I'm not sure what the MVP will be on those units, but we just got 20 of them in, and they look very nice.

I can't believe what the Evolution tuner has done. 13 months later, and its still a hot topic. I'd say Edge hit a home run with this one.

Patrick

Old 02-22-2007, 01:13 PM
shawnfb
New User
so how what is your pricing?

thanks

Quick Reply: Edge Vs.