Notices
2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine Advertisement
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edge Vs.

Old 02-22-2006, 09:54 PM
xtrm1stang
Senior User
xtrm1stang is starting off with a positive reputation.
anyone using edge on full performace with underdrive pulleys, cold air intake and exhaust(headers and cat back), and slightly bigger wheels and tires?

Old 02-24-2006, 07:26 AM
rooster2005
New User
rooster2005 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I really screwed up!

I was thinking of the Edge Evo and noticed DiscountPower's price has increased a couple or more times this week. Is it a supply/demand thing, Larry or are you guys just easing up to the "going rate"? I should have jumped on it a week or two ago when it was really nicely priced - very nicely priced!

Old 02-24-2006, 07:44 AM
fordtrkpuller
FTE *******
fordtrkpuller is starting off with a positive reputation.
I cant really discuss that here.

Old 02-24-2006, 08:10 AM
rooster2005
New User
Originally Posted by fordtrkpuller
I cant really discuss that here.
My bad. I thought a generalized exchange would be fine based upon a more direct response earlier in this thread: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...4&postcount=21

Have a good one.

Old 02-24-2006, 10:28 AM
fordtrkpuller
FTE *******
fordtrkpuller is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yea, and I got my Pee-Pee smacked for violating user agreements on a few posts, as well as vender rules. I am trying very hard to walk the straight and narrow and not cause any hate and discention..... Your welcome to call/email me to discuss anything you like, I am actually a nice guy and love to chat on the phone....lol.

Old 02-25-2006, 05:53 AM
rooster2005
New User
Originally Posted by fordtrkpuller
Yea, and I got my Pee-Pee smacked for violating user agreements on a few posts, as well as vender rules. I am trying very hard to walk the straight and narrow and not cause any hate and discention..... Your welcome to call/email me to discuss anything you like, I am actually a nice guy and love to chat on the phone....lol.
We don't want that to happen again! I'll give you guys a ring soon!

Old 03-06-2006, 08:06 PM
azjan
Junior User
azjan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thumbs up

fordtrkpuller, will the edge work on my van and where is my obdII port. 2001 E-150 5.4 Auto 3.55. Thanks.

Old 03-06-2006, 08:28 PM
DiscountPowerPrt
Elder User
DiscountPowerPrt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.DiscountPowerPrt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Me or Larry (fordtrkpuller) will check with edge tomorrow.

Last edited by DiscountPowerPrt; 03-06-2006 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:05 PM
DiscountPowerPrt
Elder User
DiscountPowerPrt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.DiscountPowerPrt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
My goodness its tuff staying on hold for Edge while the phone never stops ringing here. I finally got a hold of someone and they said the computer in your van is most likely different. If you want to Email me your computer number I can call him back or you can call edge and they can check and see if it is a supported comp. I hope that helps.

Old 03-08-2006, 04:29 PM
fastmax
New User
fastmax is starting off with a positive reputation.
Are there any engine power gains using the lightning files vs the regular files? I dont want to load it if the gains are made with transmission tuning.I dont want to kill my tranny.

Old 03-09-2006, 01:55 PM
DiscountPowerPrt
Elder User
This is a link to a file from edge that explains what is included in the lightning update. It seems to be only a couple new features, or make them work better. And, it looks like it supports more ECM codes. Ford constantly changes computer codes, and the edge has to know the code to work properly. As they learn of new codes in the F150 the lightning file updates your Evo to work on those new codes. I hope that was confusing enough lol. Here is the link...you can check it out for your self.

ok never mind...the link wont work. There is a file you can see on edges page.

Last edited by DiscountPowerPrt; 03-09-2006 at 01:59 PM.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:55 PM
azjan
Junior User
azjan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by DiscountPowerPrt
My goodness its tuff staying on hold for Edge while the phone never stops ringing here. I finally got a hold of someone and they said the computer in your van is most likely different. If you want to Email me your computer number I can call him back or you can call edge and they can check and see if it is acomp. I hop supported e that helps.
Thanks. I`ll check Edge for info.

Old 03-09-2006, 10:10 PM
cub129
Senior User
cub129 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Just got my new Edge in the mail last night. Updated to V17 programming and installed at level 2....WOW!!!! I like this thing!!!! Throttle is 100% better, shifting is firm but not harsh, monitoring is great!!! I had a small issue with wrong axle ratio and tire circumfrence on the initial download (I'm wondering if Ford defaults axle ratios in the computer and corrects for it with a false tires size number....interestingly enough, the math on mine worked out to be a near perfect correction), but got that taken care of with a quick ratio change and some chalk and a tape measure on the driveway. Edge spedo is right on the money (on an interstate biz trip today I clocked it mile-marker to mile-marker about 15 times to verify) and the dash is 2-3 mph fast. I don't think I'll even paint the pod...it looks nice in the gray-on-gray interior just the way it is.

I'm sure on the #2 setting I won't pay for it with fuel savings, but this product is worth it just for the driveability and the monitoring!!!!!! .....finally my (new-to-me) 14k mile '04 SCrew has the driveability of the '97 it replaced.......but with that nice big 5.4L 3v under hood instead of the sluggish '97 vintage 4.6L!!!!!!

I'm still smiling!!!!!

Old 03-09-2006, 11:17 PM
Camran
Freshman User
Camran is starting off with a positive reputation.
Smile EDGE for F150 is a must have.

Congrats! on the new EDGE. I love it. For the rest of you non-edge owners, you spent the thirty grand, now you just need to spend $350 more. Saves gas cause you don't have to use as much throttle to accelerate and when the time comes, you can pass with confidence . I think it should come standard in the truck .
Anyway, I will keep you in my prayers. God Bless America.

Old 03-10-2006, 12:11 AM
DiscountPowerPrt
Elder User
Now if you could only get it to auto pilot once in awhile. lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Edge Vs.

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.