Notices
2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine Advertisement
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edge Vs.

Old 01-28-2006, 05:42 PM
fordtrkpuller
FTE *******
fordtrkpuller is starting off with a positive reputation.
Im glad you like it. Thanks for ordering! Just to pass it along, I dont personally have a say in this, but many guys are going to Edge Products wesite and downloading and installing the Lightning updates and updating thier units with that file. You need to progresively apply the updates, you cant just skip to the last one. But they are saying over and over that it is a great file with even better tranny control! Myself, if Edge wanted the F-150 non turbo to run that file..they would have shipped it with it...but I know how some of you animals are.......so the option is out there.

Old 01-28-2006, 06:08 PM
PHS79
Senior User
PHS79 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Rob, I ordered mine from Fordtrkpuller's site, its in his sig. Larry is a great guy to deal with, he answered all the questions I had, and god knows that there was enough of them.

Paul

Old 01-28-2006, 06:14 PM
Rob.D
Elder User
Rob.D is starting off with a positive reputation.
Is there a voucher for a better price?

Old 01-29-2006, 02:28 AM
guerrero101
Junior User
guerrero101 is starting off with a positive reputation.
is there a voucher? who has best pricing? And does the Edge Evo come with the pod as a standard item? how does the pod get mounted? is it mounted permanently? can the pod be easily removed if/when taking the truck to the dealers for maintenance? Can you plot data with the tuner on a PC and what kind of data can you capture and plot the tuner?

Old 01-29-2006, 06:22 AM
Rob.D
Elder User
Rob.D is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just bought one from truckracingparts.com, $339 + free ship. The coupon I used is eef2400jan06. The pod comes standard, many guys are buying paint from duplicolor in a spray can if they want to match up to dash color. Attaches with double sided tape or velcro, and can be pulled off in less than 10min. You can even down load your setting into the truck and run without the monitor if you like. Not sure about plotting data? Future updates to the evo will be downloadable from the Edge sight.

Old 01-29-2006, 10:22 AM
DiscountPowerPrt
Elder User
DiscountPowerPrt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.DiscountPowerPrt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Ofcourse we will match that price....you just have to call. The only reason it is at $359.99 on our website is because its for FTE members only. We are still selling and SHIPPING them everyday.

Before you guys Paint the Pods remember to clean them really good. Some of the guys are using rubbing alcohol as a last step so there is no chemical cleaners left behind.

Old 01-29-2006, 12:20 PM
guerrero101
Junior User
guerrero101 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Rob,

I purchased mine from the same place last night. I also used the same coupon code.

Old 01-29-2006, 12:32 PM
PHS79
Senior User
PHS79 is starting off with a positive reputation.
OK, I now have pictures up in my gallery of the Edge Evo. nounted in my truck using the pod that comes in the kit. Hope this helps you guys out....

Old 01-30-2006, 12:56 PM
DiscountPowerPrt
Elder User
DiscountPowerPrt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.DiscountPowerPrt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Now the price just got better go check it out.

Last edited by DiscountPowerPrt; 01-30-2006 at 01:08 PM.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:34 PM
Cvinch
Freshman User
Cvinch is starting off with a positive reputation.
The only thing I want to know is if anyone has beat up on a Titan yet. That would made me buy the Edge right now! It has me on pins and needles every time a Titan or dodge ram gets close at a red light.

Old 01-30-2006, 06:06 PM
DonsFx4
Elder User
DonsFx4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question for you guys with Edge installed at 87 tune...have you noticed any difference in MPG???

I would think you'd see some better efficiency, but that may get washed out by stompin on it just for the thrill!!

What do you think???

Old 01-30-2006, 06:14 PM
DiscountPowerPrt
Elder User
Phone calls are not necessary for the new low low price. All you have to do Is point and click! Have at it and go find a Titan. I want to hear the kill report!

Old 01-30-2006, 11:41 PM
gandnb
New User
gandnb is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have the 87 tune and according to the computer my MPG is up about 1.2 MPG, unsure if correct, My speedo is off, trying to find the right settings for the LT285/65R18 tires, used what Edge provided for tire size, and from another source for that figures tire size but off about 2-3 mph at 60 according to GPS.

Old 01-30-2006, 11:48 PM
DiscountPowerPrt
Elder User
After considering my last post....lol A Titan would be a tuff truck to beat. They come from the factory at 305 hp. We also sell the Roush stuff and a supercharger would get the job done hehehe.

Old 01-31-2006, 07:32 AM
ro.co3
New User
ro.co3 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm new to the forum and have been following your discussion about the edge since I'm thinking of getting one. But the reason I'm writing is because my last truck was a Titan. First I love my new f150. I needed a good tow vehicle with 4x4 for the mountains in N.C. and this truck is everything I wanted. But if your talking sheer seat of your pants slap you back in your seat acceleration your going to have a hard time beating a Titan. I'm a corvette guy , drive two of them ,Titan feels like a GTO with a bed. Anyway there weak point is there dealer network its no where near ford or Chevy ,like up in the mountains theres a ford and Chevy dealer in town and the nearest Nissan dealer is 75mi away. If your wondering why I got rid of the titan it had an open rear end and although it had a Dana rear it was to Nissan specs and no one had a kit to change it to limited slip.The F150 may not be the fastest truck in town but its one heck of a truck. Nissan has had there problems too they had to come up with a brake fix to keep the rotors from continuously warping and the rear ends look like they belong on a jeep wrangler, alot of them have failed while towing. Theres more but you get the idea. Anyway this is a great forum and I'll continue to follow your comments.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Edge Vs.

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.