6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Amsoil Oil????

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 04:08 PM
bighoss550
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
amsoil has nothing to do w/ amway

the 5w-30 is 98 bucks for 4 gallons. its by far the most expensive they sell. the 15w40 is less than 2/3 that price.

and there is no scam. it says it meets api specs. period.

rip on it all u want, but its still a good oil. one id much rather have in my truck.

and amsoil wants the order from ford asap so they can get the ball rolling on either fixing or rebutting ford.

u guys are so full of ur makin my puter stink. u have posted absolutely nothing to back up ANY of ur bashing.
how about comparing the oils. what happened to that? instead all u got against amsoil is "they suck" or "MLM companies suck" or "their not certified oils so ur engine WILL blow up on contact with them"

c'mon, lets grow up a bit. show me real proof that amsoil "sucks" or just drop it.
and i kinda tired of being called a brainwashed moron for my choice in oils. i feel that amsoil will provide me with a longer lasting engine, it has already proven itself in the mpg arena. i am now getting 2-3 better than w/ the 15w40 that i drained out.

this forum is for FACTS, not the opinions of a few on the satanic reminiscence of a oil producer.....

Old 07-26-2004, 07:11 PM
SpartanDieselTech
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bighoss550
amsoil has nothing to do w/ amway

the 5w-30 is 98 bucks for 4 gallons. its by far the most expensive they sell. the 15w40 is less than 2/3 that price.

and there is no scam. it says it meets api specs. period.

rip on it all u want, but its still a good oil. one id much rather have in my truck.

and amsoil wants the order from ford asap so they can get the ball rolling on either fixing or rebutting ford.

u guys are so full of ur makin my puter stink. u have posted absolutely nothing to back up ANY of ur bashing.
how about comparing the oils. what happened to that? instead all u got against amsoil is "they suck" or "MLM companies suck" or "their not certified oils so ur engine WILL blow up on contact with them"

c'mon, lets grow up a bit. show me real proof that amsoil "sucks" or just drop it.
and i kinda tired of being called a brainwashed moron for my choice in oils. i feel that amsoil will provide me with a longer lasting engine, it has already proven itself in the mpg arena. i am now getting 2-3 better than w/ the 15w40 that i drained out.

this forum is for FACTS, not the opinions of a few on the satanic reminiscence of a oil producer.....
Well I have been trying to decide for a couple of weeks now what to use in mine since it won't be under warranty. I think, just to spite the trolls, Ill order four cases of Amsoil. Kent, where do you order/buy yours from? I suppose you use the 5w-30?

As a side note, we need to quit calling people "trolls" and rename them "rats". At least a real troll is halfway clever and could at least hold an argument...

Old 07-26-2004, 08:16 PM
PyroBandito
Senior User
I'm sorry, but I am no longer allowed to discuss Amsoil because I got an email from the moderater for this forum. If you need more information, email me.

Email me

Old 07-26-2004, 08:21 PM
SpartanDieselTech
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by PyroBandito
I'm sorry, but I am no longer allowed to discuss Amsoil because I got an email from the moderater for this forum. If you need more information, email me.
Check your email.

Old 07-26-2004, 08:26 PM
SBV45
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PSD 60L Fx4
Well I have been trying to decide for a couple of weeks now what to use in mine since it won't be under warranty. I think, just to spite the trolls, Ill order four cases of Amsoil. Kent, where do you order/buy yours from? I suppose you use the 5w-30?

As a side note, we need to quit calling people "trolls" and rename them "rats". At least a real troll is halfway clever and could at least hold an argument...
So PSD, which members are you proposing to call a rat. There has been some spirited discussion here. I have questioned the cost effectiveness of purchasing AMsoil. Does this make me a rat? Go read the definition of a troll.

Big Hoss, I am still trying to find where anybody said it "sucks" or where anyone expressed "the opinions of a few on the satanic reminiscence of a oil producer....."

Old 07-26-2004, 08:30 PM
johnsdiesel
Post Fiend
I don't think many people will say that Amsoil is a bad oil. The two main complaints that people have are that Amsoil's full synthetic diesel oil is not API certified and may cause warranty problems (as we have seen first hand in this forum) and the method in which it is sold. Big Hoss, people are allowed to have differing opinions and I respect your opinion. You also have to realize that a lot of people have been turned off to Amsoil simply from the way it is marketed. Anyone who frequents the oil forum on FTE knows exactly what I'm talking about.

Old 07-26-2004, 08:34 PM
SpartanDieselTech
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by SBV45
So PSD, which members are you proposing to call a rat. There has been some spirited discussion here. I have questioned the cost effectiveness of purchasing AMsoil. Does this make me a rat? Go read the definition of a troll.

Big Hoss, I am still trying to find where anybody said it "sucks" or where anyone expressed "the opinions of a few on the satanic reminiscence of a oil producer....."
I was not referring to you. Or anyone in particular for that matter. However, there are some amongst us, and some of them are in this forum.

It is pretty much irrelevant. I should not have brought it up and I apoligize.

Old 07-26-2004, 09:12 PM
SBV45
Postmaster
PSD that's ok. I enjoy your posts. I didn't think you were referring to me or I wouldn't have been that subtle. You are right. There are some who would like to see us "Enthusiasts" tearing at each other. Let's not give them the pleasure.

Old 07-26-2004, 09:48 PM
PyroBandito
Senior User
Thumbs up Amsoil Questions Answered

After recent post on this website, I decided I needed to do some research on the oil that I sell. I was surprised to find that AMSOIL has very few officially API rated motor oils and I admit that I was wrong. However, just because an oil is not API rated, it will not void the vehicle's warranty and my opinion of it's quality has not changed. I will continue to use AMSOIL and sell it as excellent quality synthetic oil simply because of the testimonials I have heard and the lab test results I have seen. This quote is from an email I received from my sponsor, Dave Mann, explaining why AMSOIL will not void your vehicle's warranty:

"One of the biggest myths is that you have to use a specific manufacturers brand of product in order to maintain the validity of your warranty.
Nothing could be further from the truth! In fact it is a violation of Federal Law to require a consumer to use a specific brand or type of product unless that product is provided free of charge.

The claim is usually made by a dealership service center that any other brand of product, except theirs of course, will "void the warranty", with the statement or implication that only the original equipment brand of product may be used. This, of course, tends to cast doubt on the quality of the replacement part.

That claim is simply not true. If the consumer asks for that statement in writing, he will not receive it. Nevertheless, the consumer may feel uneasy about using replacement parts that are not original equipment. With the large number of do-it-yourselfers who prefer to install many of their own service and maintenance parts, such as oil and filters, this misleading claim should be corrected.

Under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, 15 U.S.C. SS 2301-2312 (1982), and general principles of the Federal Trade Commission Act, a manufacturer may not require the use of any brand of part unless the manufacturer provides the item free of charge under the terms of the warranty.

So if you are told that only the original equipment part will not void the warranty, you should ask that the part be supplied free of charge. If you are charged for the part, the manufacturer will be violating the terms of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. This applies to any consumer product, not just cars and trucks.

Now, here are the answers to the two most common questions about AMSOIL Synthetic motor oil:

Could using AMSOIL motor oil void your new car warranty?

Absolutely not. Vehicle manufacturers recommend using motor oils meeting certain viscosity grades and American Petroleum Institute service requirements. Whether the motor oil is petroleum based or synthetic will not affect warranty coverage. The manufacturer is required to cover all equipment failures it would normally cover as long as the oil meets the requirements and was not the cause of the failure. AMSOIL exceeds these requirements and has never been deemed the cause of an engine failure. Even so, AMSOIL has their own limited warranty, protecting you even further. In addition, the federally mandated Magnuson-Moss Act states that a manufacturer may not require the use of a specific brand of aftermarket product unless it is provided free of charge.

If a car dealership, service center or other business states that using AMSOIL will void the new vehicle warranty, ask for that statement in writing and send it to AMSOIL Technical Services. If the business won't provide the statement in writing send AMSOIL Technical Services a letter identifying who made the statement, the name and location of the business and what the specific statement was. AMSOIL will then send a letter to the business informing them that their position is inaccurate, and, in fact, violates existing law. Your name will be held in confidence.

Could your new vehicle warranty be voided if you don't change your oil according to the manufacturers recommended change intervals, such as when using AMSOIL?

Absolutely not. AMSOIL synthetic motor oils are guaranteed to run 25,000 to 35,000 miles (Series 2000 0W-30 Severe Service Oil)or one year in mechanically sound engines, providing, of course, the oil is kept free of contaminants by changing the oil filter according to the manufacturer's recommendation or, when using an AMSOIL oil filter, changing the filter at 6 months or 12,500 miles (for gasoline engines), whichever comes first. If using the AMSOIL Dual-Remote or Dual-Gard By-Pass Filtration unit then the oil and By-Pass filter is changed as indicated by oil analysis testing. AMSOIL coined the phrase "extended drain interval" and it has been validated by over 25 years of industry testing and tens of thousands of motorists and millions of over-the-road miles.

AMSOIL synthetic motor oils provide extended drain performance because they don't break down in heat like conventional motor oils do. AMSOIL motor oils don't valatize (burn off), which alters the viscosity and increase soil consumption. Finally, AMSOIL's superior additive package, a key element in the oil's ability to function, holds up under engine stresses, remaining serviceable for the full 25,000 to 35,00 miles, or indefinitely when By-Pass Filtration and oil analysis is used.

Additionally, if there is ever a question of whether or not a particular oil was the cause of an engine failure make sure to get a sample of the used oil in a bottle, typically 6 oz. minimum. The oil can then be sent to two independent testing labs for analysis. Remember, an informed consumer is your best defense against being taken advantage of by a vehicle dealership or service center."

Old 07-26-2004, 09:52 PM
johnsdiesel
Post Fiend
I suggest you read your owner's manual rather than Amsoil's disclaimer. Manufacturers have the right to set a standard for parts, fluids, etc. The protection is designed to keep manufacturers from requireing you to buy parts ONLY from them. They are allowed to void the warranty if damage occurs from use of parts that don't meet their standards. Use the search function and you will come across 1 case in this forum within the past several months of someone who was turned away from the service department because of the Amsoil in the engine. You'll also notice in the owner's manual that it says the oil must have the proper API certification and that you should never exceed the maximum oil change interval.

Not only is that a misquote of Magnuson-Moss, Magnuson-Moss doesn't deal with automobiles directly. It's a general warranty act. HERE is a link to help understand Magnuson-Moss straight from the horse's mouth, the Federal Government.

I think this explains where you are coming from (from another thread):

As a dealer of AMSOIL

Last edited by johnsdiesel; 07-26-2004 at 10:08 PM.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:02 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Gee...

This is all great except that those who are dealers may not post about products they have a commercial interest in. This includes dealers telling others to contact them privately about sales of the products and dealers giving tired, worn out statements that have been repeated ad nauseam. Amsoil dealers and their MLM groups get zero tolerance for this type of thing here, because once again, they have proven that they are incapable of abidding by FTE's guidelines.

No Oil MLM Dealers, Wholesale Buyers Or Retailers allowed in oil discussions. Only sponsors may comment about their products.

Old 07-27-2004, 12:25 AM
Choctaw Bob
Postmaster
Originally Posted by webmaster
Gee...

This is all great except that those who are dealers may not post about products they have a commercial interest in. This includes dealers telling others to contact them privately about sales of the products and dealers giving tired, worn out statements that have been repeated ad nauseam. Amsoil dealers and their MLM groups get zero tolerance for this type of thing here, because once again, they have proven that they are incapable of abidding by FTE's guidelines.

No Oil MLM Dealers, Wholesale Buyers Or Retailers allowed in oil discussions. Only sponsors may comment about their products.
Yea Ken! Go Ken GO!!!

Old 07-27-2004, 05:05 AM
Bob Ayers
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by webmaster
Gee...

Thank you Ken!!!!

Obviously, this thread has shown who the dealers are, and hopefully you have dealt with them!!!!!

Old 07-27-2004, 06:08 AM
SBV45
Postmaster
Bighoss550, do you use the synthetic "A" brand in your truck? Do you go the extended miles and just change the filter like Amsoil says? Have you had oil analysis done at the extended period? I am seriously inquiring and not trying to stir it up.

Old 07-27-2004, 06:22 AM
jeb
Elder User
After recent post on this website, I decided I needed to do some research on the oil that I sell. I was surprised to find that AMSOIL has very few officially API rated motor oils and I admit that I was wrong. However, just because an oil is not API rated, it will not void the vehicle's warranty and my opinion of it's quality has not changed. I will continue to use AMSOIL and sell it as excellent quality synthetic oil simply because of the testimonials I have heard and the lab test results I have seen. This quote is from an email I received from my sponsor, Dave Mann, explaining why AMSOIL will not void your vehicle's warranty:[/size]
I've seen this Amsoil quote many times. It's so full of half-truths. A couple that stand out are that Amsoil is mostly talking about the entire vehicle warranty being voided by using Amsoil, and it won't be. But the engine can be. They'll still fix your other problems, though.

No one is saying use a specific brand, just an actual API certified brand.

Service folks telling you it will void your warranty are only in violation of a law if they're telling you to use some specific product. So a letter won't do much good if they're telling you using a non-API certified oil will void your warranty.

Quick Reply: Amsoil Oil????