Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator 1991-1994, 1995-2001, 2002-2005, 2006-2010 Ford Explorer

Keyless Entry Codes

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 08:31 PM
GAGDAD07
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 2005 Sport Trac Keyless Code

Seems like everybody buying a "previously owned"
keyless entry system vehicle did not get the code
from the SELLING ( not Ford) DEALER. I too am looking for the code,
have they moved it on the 2005, or am I having to
visit the dealer here & beg for a code ?. Just purchased the
truck, so far so good !. ( this one is mint !, with only
15,500 mi, looks NEW).

Old 03-20-2007, 11:10 AM
rtman
New User
Keyless entry security issue

I have a 2000 explorer with door entry code. I have the master code but so does previous owner, since that is the only code they used. If I change the code to a personal code, can the previous owner still over-ride and get into the vehicle using the master code? I'm getting mixed signals on this and it seems like a security issue Ford would have thought of. Especially in the case where someone buys a car from the guy next door.

Old 03-20-2007, 06:00 PM
steve(ill)
Hotshot
Received 115 Likes on 102 Posts
the factory code is locked in and can not be removed. you can add a personal code, but the factory code is there forever.

Old 03-20-2007, 06:46 PM
GAGDAD07
Freshman User
Originally Posted by steve(ill)
the factory code is locked in and can not be removed. you can add a personal code, but the factory code is there forever.
Thanks Steve I thought so, & the dealer said they would
hook up the computer & read the installed factory code,
for about $68.00, & yes the personal code entry would not
overwrite the factory code........maybe the next trip in to the
dealer , I may spring for the $$$$$. Think that Ford would
address the re-sell problem someway !!!. GG

Old 03-21-2007, 06:24 AM
rtman
New User
I underdstand that but my question was: If I change the code to a personal code, can the previous owner still over-ride and get into the vehicle using the master code?

Old 03-21-2007, 07:17 AM
Tennesseepowerstroke
Laughing Gas
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Yes they can.

Old 04-15-2007, 04:47 PM
Michelle14_05
New User
Question Anti-Theft Alarm Problems

Hi I have a '98 Ford Explorer Sport limited Eddie Bauer Addition and I have been having problems with it starting. I brought it up to my machanic and he said that it's my anti-theft system was activated like it's been stolen which is causing the anti-theft system to not allow the truck to start. He really didn't think he could reset it and thought I need to bring it to a dealership. Do I have to take it right to Ford? Or is there a way to deactivate it or reset it. I have lost my keyless entry and I never got the code for the door keypad. I am going to try and find the code in the places listed on one of the forums but I really don't know how to fix this. If anyone has any ideas it would be great!

Old 04-27-2007, 05:53 PM
tkuhnvt
New User
06 Explorer Limited

Originally Posted by bobbo7915
okay heres where we found the code, its an '06 explorer with third row seats. the code was behind the panel in the back, passenger side.
Just bought an 06 Limited a few weeks back and I've taken off the panels on basically the whole passenger side and can't find the computer module. i had found it on my 98 so I know what im looking for. anyone else know where to look on an 06?

Thanks!

Old 04-27-2007, 07:32 PM
eddie21
Junior User
I just bought an 06 also and had to have the dealer get the code from the computer they did it no problem so bring it to the dealer you bought and will pull it from the computer for free or atleast they better it only takes a few minutes. It 's part of customer service and probally a under ford warranty anyways since it's a ford installed feature and you can't use it w/o the code.

Old 05-10-2007, 05:50 PM
labmom
New User
Keyless entry programming HELP!

I am a Newbie!
I need to replace my keyless entry key fob on a 1997 Explorer. If I find the keyless 5 digit code what do I do with it?
HELP!!!!

Old 05-10-2007, 08:25 PM
eddie21
Junior User
I'm not sure how the key fob replacement changes the keyless code..but I looked up your 1997 owners manual up and got the proceedure.

you need to pick a new 5 digit code, then enter in the factory code then press the 1/2 button, you'll have 5 seconds to enter in your new code, go slow though so the system can tell what buttons you are pushing(if that makes sense). that's it. make sure you have your keys with you in your pocket when doing this!!!!!!!!!! lock your doors and try the code to see if it took. if not to clear the code to start over do this re-enter the factory code within 5 sedconds press the 1/2 button then wait 6 seconds. repeat the above steps be re-entering the factory code then so on. hope this helps.

Old 05-11-2007, 02:02 PM
labmom
New User
Eddie
Thank you so very much. Where did you find it in the manual? I may not have a complete manual is there a site I can go to.
I figured out that the information I needed was "How to program the remote entry"
That information then allows me to replace that thing that has three buttons and opens the door from outside.
The instructions are on this site and I will be happy to share info if you would like to have it.
Thank you for your time
Victoria

Old 05-11-2007, 06:18 PM
eddie21
Junior User
not a problem, go to https://www.fleet.ford.com click on the maintenance tab then click onto the owners manuals, plug in your year etc. and you can download the manual to get the info. pretty cool site.

Old 09-28-2007, 01:29 PM
elbowlake
New User
Originally Posted by eddie21
https://www.fleet.ford.com click on the maintenance tab
I was going to try this to answer my own question, but it seems you have to be a fleet customer to have an account there.

Anyway, I know this question has been asked and answered to death, but I am still trying to find the keypad code on my 2002 Explorer XLT. I know it's supposed to be on the computer module under the trim on the passenger side rear door pillar, but how on earth do you pry that out without breaking it? I can get a screw driver under the top or side, but the thing doesn't seem to want to budge. Any suggestions? I'd just ask our friendly neighborhood Ford dealer, but the closest one is an hour away...

Old 09-28-2007, 06:16 PM
rrgone
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by elbowlake
I was going to try this to answer my own question, but it seems you have to be a fleet customer to have an account there.

Anyway, I know this question has been asked and answered to death, but I am still trying to find the keypad code on my 2002 Explorer XLT. I know it's supposed to be on the computer module under the trim on the passenger side rear door pillar, but how on earth do you pry that out without breaking it? I can get a screw driver under the top or side, but the thing doesn't seem to want to budge. Any suggestions? I'd just ask our friendly neighborhood Ford dealer, but the closest one is an hour away...
You have to pull the rear door rubber weather strip down and away from the 'C' pillar to get to the clips holding the panel in place.

Quick Reply: Keyless Entry Codes