2017 upfitter switches - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2017 upfitter switches

Old 11-29-2017, 06:33 PM
farmcat
New User
farmcat is starting off with a positive reputation.
2017 upfitter switches

Can anyone show me the routing of the main wire harness for the upfitter switches going to the battery on a 2017 F350. I have all the parts, no instructions.

Old 11-29-2017, 08:22 PM
ccie7879
Junior User
ccie7879 is starting off with a positive reputation.
If your looking for the blunt cut wires for the switches, Q-252 has a good break down of them. There are some pass-through wires on the passenger side kick panel if your interested. Q-256 shows those.
https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/non-html/Q-252.pdf.

Old 11-29-2017, 08:28 PM
farmcat
New User
Originally Posted by ccie7879 View Post
If your looking for the blunt cut wires for the switches, Q-252 has a good break down of them. There are some pass-through wires on the passenger side kick panel if your interested. Q-256 shows those.
Thank you, but not what I'm looking for. I'm installing the upfitter module and wire harness under the hood of my truck which hooks up to the battery for power. I need the routing of that main harness.

Old 11-29-2017, 10:15 PM
1956Fatfenders
Elder User
1956Fatfenders is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Sub'd. I have parts on order. Where'd you get yours and/or, how long did they take to arrive?

I HOPE you're taking pictures and doing a write-up for those who come after you.

Old 11-30-2017, 12:19 AM
fayrankin
New User
fayrankin is starting off with a positive reputation.
Duplicate Wires?

Originally Posted by ccie7879 View Post
I think you have made my day. Do the wires that show up by the passenger side fuse panel duplicate the wires that are under the hood by the fuse/relay box that are switched by the upfitter switches? I need a clean, ignition-switched low amp power source UNDER THE HOOD. I was totally confused by these wires that end up inside but now I am going to just ignore them, find the brown green wire under the hood. If it is hot when the ignition is on and upfitter switch #1 is on and off when the ignition is off, I am going to let out a war whoop, tie on to that sucker, down fuse it and finish hooking up my back up camera.

If I have assumed wrong, I will come dragging my tail back.

You can find almost anything if you google long enough.

Old 11-30-2017, 07:58 AM
WyoBull
Elder User
WyoBull is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by fayrankin View Post
I think you have made my day. Do the wires that show up by the passenger side fuse panel duplicate the wires that are under the hood by the fuse/relay box that are switched by the upfitter switches? I need a clean, ignition-switched low amp power source UNDER THE HOOD. I was totally confused by these wires that end up inside but now I am going to just ignore them, find the brown green wire under the hood. If it is hot when the ignition is on and upfitter switch #1 is on and off when the ignition is off, I am going to let out a war whoop, tie on to that sucker, down fuse it and finish hooking up my back up camera.

If I have assumed wrong, I will come dragging my tail back.

You can find almost anything if you google long enough.
Well, let our your war whoop because this is exactly what I did for my airbags. I hooked up my air bag wireless compressor to Aux1 under the hood and it works great. The Aux switches are already fused so I did not even use the inline fuse that came with my airbags. Took about 20 minutes and it was done. It is hot when the truck ignition is on and not when the ignition is off. So, I can choose when I want to air up/down my bags by turning on the Aux1 switch. When the dealer first installed my bags, they went directly to the battery so it was hot all the time. That meant if my airbags needed air, the compressor would come on automatically. I did not want that scenario so I used an Aux switch.

Old 11-30-2017, 11:37 AM
farmcat
New User
Originally Posted by 1956Fatfenders View Post
Sub'd. I have parts on order. Where'd you get yours and/or, how long did they take to arrive?

I HOPE you're taking pictures and doing a write-up for those who come after you.
I will do a write up and take pictures. I just need someone to take a picture of that fuse box (module) and where the main harness goes to get main power. I know where the module mounts on the inner LH fender. I think the main harness goes to the front of the truck and crosses the radiator to the battery on the RH side of the vehicle.

Old 11-30-2017, 07:17 PM
farmcat
New User
Originally Posted by farmcat View Post
I will do a write up and take pictures. I just need someone to take a picture of that fuse box (module) and where the main harness goes to get main power. I know where the module mounts on the inner LH fender. I think the main harness goes to the front of the truck and crosses the radiator to the battery on the RH side of the vehicle.
So I did get the upfitter switches installed. Those who said it couldn't be done were mistaken. only required two parts.
1. the main harness and fuse block assy - HCT14A303GB4WD
2. the overhead console specific to the truck interior color and it includes the switches in the console.
3. the main harness has a pigtail which plugs into the interior harness and it is located right behind where the upfitter fuse block attaches to the inner LH fender.
4. The main harness runs towards the front of the truck behind the coolant tank down to the bottom of the inner fender then runs along an existing harness along the bottom backside of the radiator fan cowl back up towards the battery then along existing wire harness that runs to the main fuse panel. There is a small black tab that pops off outside the main fuse box where the upfitter harness bolts to.
5. Last piece is pull down the existing overhead console , disconnect the harnessess for the rear window switch and the light switches. You will need to pull the left pillar handle off and the left sunshade. You can now access the plug that plugs into the upfitter switches. Put it all back together and you are DONE!!

I will post pictures tomorrow.

Old 12-02-2017, 09:13 PM
1956Fatfenders
Elder User
So I did get the upfitter switches installed. Those who said it couldn't be done were mistaken. only required two parts.
1. the main harness and fuse block assy - HCT14A303GB4WD
2. the overhead console specific to the truck interior color and it includes the switches in the console.
3. the main harness has a pigtail which plugs into the interior harness and it is located right behind where the upfitter fuse block attaches to the inner LH fender.
4. The main harness runs towards the front of the truck behind the coolant tank down to the bottom of the inner fender then runs along an existing harness along the bottom backside of the radiator fan cowl back up towards the battery then along existing wire harness that runs to the main fuse panel. There is a small black tab that pops off outside the main fuse box where the upfitter harness bolts to.
5. Last piece is pull down the existing overhead console , disconnect the harnessess for the rear window switch and the light switches. You will need to pull the left pillar handle off and the left sunshade. You can now access the plug that plugs into the upfitter switches. Put it all back together and you are DONE!!

Is HCT14A303GB4WD correct? Thought it was HC3Z-14A303-F? Thanks for the write up. I will print that and look forward to the pictures.

Old 12-03-2017, 05:47 AM
Force74
Senior User
Force74 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
subscribing

Old 12-03-2017, 08:38 AM
malbanese45
Freshman User
malbanese45 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've been wanting to do this for a while. I haven't had any luck determining the with any certainty which part number I need for a cc lariat camel without sun roof but with every other option.

Old 12-03-2017, 08:48 AM
JohnnyMarauder
Senior User
JohnnyMarauder is starting off with a positive reputation.
subscribing!

Old 12-12-2017, 12:03 PM
1956Fatfenders
Elder User
Did you have pictures to share old buddy, old pal???

Old 12-13-2017, 05:40 AM
malbanese45
Freshman User
I finally got the parts. For those interested, I have a lariat with camel interior, enhanced security, power sliding rear window.
I'm planning installing this in a few days. I'll try to take a few pics along the way.

Attached Images  
Old 12-14-2017, 01:09 PM
malbanese45
Freshman User
I got the fuse / relay box installed. That was a real PIA. I had to remove / pull down the inner fender well to access the connector and feed the cable around to the passenger side fuse box.
Now the bad news. I pulled the old console and A-pillar cover only to find NO cable for the upfitters.
Now what ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2017 upfitter switches

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.