Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Very strong.

Old 08-06-2016, 05:16 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
Next is radiator. cables, hoses, glass and tail lights.

Driveshaft is also in with some fresh paint

Old 08-06-2016, 05:20 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It always a thrill to hear it fire off the first time

Old 08-06-2016, 06:03 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by hturner12
It always a thrill to hear it fire off the first time
about 830 this morning, I was overfilled with joy. Funny thing is I let my dad do the timing...... had it 180 out. HAHA. Neighbor had heard us ****ing with it, so he came over, then I noticed the issue..... Fix and BOOM she made the sweet sound of my people

Old 08-07-2016, 05:57 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I finally ordered the carb to get the 79 F100 back up and running!! I need to drop the tank and clean it out so I can use fresh fuel. I am ready to get it back up and running again as it has been sitting way too long.

The front u-joints on my daughters truck have some slop and one is starting to make noise when turning so it looks like I get to replace them. It won't be today as my hands are so sore.

The chain adjuster broke on my chainsaw, It's OK by that time I needed to quit anyway. It looks like rain the rest of the week so I am glad I got a majority of it done. I am ready to do some wrenching anyway.

I start out-processing the Army tomorrow so I can retire!!

Old 08-07-2016, 06:30 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ChiefM
I finally ordered the carb to get the 79 F100 back up and running!! I need to drop the tank and clean it out so I can use fresh fuel. I am ready to get it back up and running again as it has been sitting way too long.

The front u-joints on my daughters truck have some slop and one is starting to make noise when turning so it looks like I get to replace them. It won't be today as my hands are so sore.

The chain adjuster broke on my chainsaw, It's OK by that time I needed to quit anyway. It looks like rain the rest of the week so I am glad I got a majority of it done. I am ready to do some wrenching anyway.

I start out-processing the Army tomorrow so I can retire!!
How long will it take to out process

Old 08-07-2016, 07:45 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I figure maybe 2 days at most. I have a finance appointment on the 19th that is mandatory and that should be the last one and then I will sign out I will and be complete.

Old 08-07-2016, 07:47 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Big_Texxan
Very strong.
looks good

Old 08-07-2016, 01:01 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Good afternoon everyone...enjoy your Sunday.

Old 08-07-2016, 10:27 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by hturner12
looks good
Thanks man.. Alot of things I had to redo that the engine builder claimed was right. Oh well..

Old 08-08-2016, 09:03 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I pulled the old carb off the truck yesterday and the new one should be here on Wednesday. I will have to wait till the weekend to drop the fuel tank and hopefully get it up and running again.

Got up at 4 AM this morning and left the house at 5, Had a briefing at 0800 and then spent the rest of the day going to the different places around post that I had to clear. The 2 hard ones that slows most people down are medical and gear turn in and I have them both complete. I have about 4 more places to clear and 2 of them I have to wait till the appointment day and time.

Old 08-10-2016, 08:14 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
The new carb for the 79 should arrive today!!! I have an appointment in Columbus this afternoon and retirement ceremony practice tomorrow morning so I won't get around to dropping the fuel tank till Friday or over the weekend.

I have put it on the back burner for way too long and I am so ready to get back up and running again.

This thing has about 100 vacuum lines running all over the engine compartment. Going to block off the emission ones and just run the ones I need to get it to run properly.

Old 08-10-2016, 07:37 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
I got my gauges and such in today. SO CLOSE

Old 08-10-2016, 07:37 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ChiefM
The new carb for the 79 should arrive today!!! I have an appointment in Columbus this afternoon and retirement ceremony practice tomorrow morning so I won't get around to dropping the fuel tank till Friday or over the weekend.

I have put it on the back burner for way too long and I am so ready to get back up and running again.

This thing has about 100 vacuum lines running all over the engine compartment. Going to block off the emission ones and just run the ones I need to get it to run properly.
What are vacuum lines? hahahah

Old 08-11-2016, 05:44 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Yep 79 they were still experimenting with emsions .

The joys of home ownership. I had been hearing what something running in the bathroom between the toilet and tub. Decided today was the day to find out what it was. Got the coveralls made dreaded trip under the house thinking it was busted pipe. Found the water dripping from the floor right where the lInes for the tub where at. Wirk my way back out from under the house. Move the washer out and breakout the box cutter. Found real soft sheetrock but no leak cut some more still soft wet sheetrock. Finally found the leak. Dam shower /tub mixing valve had a pin hole. Got all the wet sheetrock down and found to shutoff valve in the wall. Get old one out,head to home depot. You can buy just the valve you got to buy a complete assy. Back home start to put new on end. Broke two pieces of tile. Went to hook up everything of course fittings are different so back to home depot to get right fittings. Now I got my shop fan going trying to dry the sheetrock on the bathroom side. I have a wall to resheet rock
Just a fun day

Quick Reply: August 2016 Chat