Edgethis
Lead Driver
Received 379 Likes on 285 Posts
That green really pops! I like it.

Old 01-28-2012, 10:03 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ya i was thinking about going with red but so many people go red i figure i'll go green

Old 01-28-2012, 10:16 PM
Edgethis
Lead Driver
I was gonna do silver but instead went with ultra flat black.

Old 01-29-2012, 12:50 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Ya, i like the way it looks in black but since i see a lot of stuff in black it seems kind of normal. I was also thinking about doing mine in blue but i didn't know if it was going to be weird looking. Green looks pretty good with the black oily background I think if i keep the stock valve cover i might paint that and the oil pan green too.

Also i did an early drive test tonight when i had to go take my sister to her friends house, i noticed the slack is pretty much gone and it seems stiffer to turn. I might need to check my PS fluid cause it is starting to groan a bit. Might have to do that Saginaw early ;D

Old 01-30-2012, 10:13 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
So today was officially the first drive test with the new bushings and man oh man what a difference! It is nice and tight and it doesn't wobble too much anymore, before there would still be a faint wobble, now there is one but it isn't steering related yay! Now i need to adjust my steering wheel so it is straight instead of diagonal and start looking into the saginaw. As for other things i got the tail light fixed, the dumba** PO did a crap job wiring it and used one slip connector (not sure what they are normally called) and the other 2 wires were twisted together and masking taped to prevent shorting. the light was going on and off when the wires wiggled or bumped... It was a PITA trying to get the butt connectors crimped in that small space but it is nice to know i won't get pulled over anymore for it. I got pulled over wednsday and it was my first time getting pulled over while i was driving... Luckily no fix it ticket or anything just a warning. I also added a quart of oil and i need more cause i am just on the bottom line for the safe zone so abut half a quart or so. And finally i got my kickdown (passing gear) lever to work, i had to max out the adjustment screw so when i smashed my gas pedal it would engage. I am happy to hear the low roar then the sudden booming anger of my engine powering me up the on ramp for the freeway like a kid during xmas..

So anyways i have a question for you guys. For some reason when my engine is cold i says a have good normal oil pressure, but when it is warm or hot i have low to no oil pressure. I know i have pressure or else my engine would be knocking and banging right? I was told it might be the sending unit but i don't know where it is or how to check. If anyone has any info i would be very appreciative.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:33 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Ok so here is my latest parts wishlist. It is damned expensive though who knew tie rod ends were so pricey...:

I do have a question, with the ball joints what does it mean by upper front lower front. I know by the picture what it would mean but i don't have that set up for 78 do i?I am a bit confused and don't want to order anything without knowing if i am ordering the right item. Also with the tie rod ends Isn't it these?

The arrow is pointing to the other side. I don't know what it means by front left and front right, is there back ones somewhere? Like i said i just want to be sure these are what i want to buy so i don't spend 200+ monies on it to find out that they aren't it... Also why is one a lot more expensive than the other

Old 01-31-2012, 06:58 AM
ford1977owner
Posting Guru
if your talking about going dark blue, i think it would look great...i wanted a blue bronco myself but couldnt find any, but i also like the green the green looks great, and you do see many of them around in green

Old 01-31-2012, 07:11 AM
Edgethis
Lead Driver
There were 2the steering linkage setups IIRC. You'll have to search on the dentside forum. I can't remember and don't wanna steer you wrong. As for Balljoints you should be good, I think them saying front is just a general thing.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:40 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
What do you mean dark blue Shane? I might have short term memory loss or something , thanks anyways Brett i will be sure to look around. I just got payed but don't really want to spend that much quite yet.

On a different note i tried my first off roading hill climb today.. Unfortunately i didn't make it up the small hill nor do i know how well 4lo worked... They were pretty steep and i would get about half way then the tires would spin and dig a hole. The dirt was kinda damp and like i said, i am not sure if my 4 lo was working. There was 3 little hills leading up to the top of the trail then you go back down one of them and i made it just before the top on one side but the tires dig in and spun. It is definitely scary when your on a hill like that with a truck this big, you don't know if it will flip or slid or whatever. Luckily nothing bad happened, then for fun i tried going backwards up one side and knew it wouldn't work but i said what the hay i will try. I ended up kicking a bunch of dirt and rocks in through my window and onto the floor... Makes me happy knowing i can launch stuff like that. I think once i get more experience with 4wd and it isn't dark i will try again. I have 2 pictures on one of the hills i will upload in a minute.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:19 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Ok got the pictures, they are a bit dark and you can't really see how steep it was but it was steep enough:

Now then i also got pictures of my oil pressure problem it is normal with a cold engine but low with a hot engine:

I was wondering if anyone knew what this could be. I do have an oil leak but i never really noticed it fluctuating like this.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:13 AM
Edgethis
Lead Driver
Those pics are pretty dark.

I and as for oil pressure, as oil warms up its viscosity gets lower meaning it flows better and therefore wouldn't take as much pressure to move through the engine.

Does the needle move when you give ir gas? It should.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:07 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Ya i had to spend time at the bank and the gas station so i got dark quickly. As for the oil pressure it goes a lot lower than that, pretty much to the point of no pressure. I have never had a vehicle do that before. I have had it get to the point where the needle just stops going down cause it can't go further so basically it said i had no pressure. If it hasn't hit that point yet then i can usually get it to move up a little by hitting the gas. But it goes back down and if i am holding the throttle for driving on the freeway or something it will go back down as i am driving.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:09 PM
ford1977owner
Posting Guru
i miss read it, lol i thought you meant changing the color or the complete bronco, not the motor, my bad!!

Old 02-01-2012, 09:27 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Oh haha nah if i repaint the body it will probably bee the same color or the jade metallic from factory, i just have to look at the color next to black too see if i like it. I do really like the green i have.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Edgethis
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
Ya i had to spend time at the bank and the gas station so i got dark quickly. As for the oil pressure it goes a lot lower than that, pretty much to the point of no pressure. I have never had a vehicle do that before. I have had it get to the point where the needle just stops going down cause it can't go further so basically it said i had no pressure. If it hasn't hit that point yet then i can usually get it to move up a little by hitting the gas. But it goes back down and if i am holding the throttle for driving on the freeway or something it will go back down as i am driving.
What the heck were you doing at the gas station because your tank still reads Empty I can see the pics much better now. The Green Machine couldn't make it up that? Did you push the pedal on the right down all the way?

Quick Reply: Project TGM