6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Remote start

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 11:59 AM
kper05
Lead Driver

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
I understood PowerstrokeHD's comment as saying our trucks have the MyKey abilities and the rule applies whether we're using the feature or not but it's there.

Old 07-22-2011, 02:05 PM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I don't useMyKey either (i.e. it's not setup).

I tried changing my remote start time from 15 down to 5/10 mins but it still didn't work. Maybe if I pat my head and rub my stomach while using my toes to push the key sequence it'll work...

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse but I did alot of software QA work when I was younger so trying to reproduce this is in my blood!

Old 07-22-2011, 02:43 PM
Marauder92V
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2000silverbullet
I feel like I'm beating a dead horse but I did alot of software QA work when I was younger so trying to reproduce this is in my blood!
Feels like finding out why Vista doesn't work, right?? Good luck on finding out the root of why this not working for us!

There probably is a good reason why his works and others don't. My bet is an early BCM or ECM flash that didn't get updated that pertained to the MyKey functionality.

PowerStrokeHD clearly felt that they had to shut it off due to some sort of backdoor function that they didn't want to happen.

Old 07-22-2011, 02:55 PM
my996duc1
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It would be nice to find a couple more guys that can do this to try to figure out the variables of how/why this works.

I also wonder if this is a software error and not something that was ever intended in the first place..... if so, is it going to mess something else up in the future. Maybe a trip to the Ford dealer is in order to compare it to a couple on the lot.

Can't go outside and mess with it right now, but next week I want to see if I can figure out how to leave it in RS mode with high idle engaged and if I can reproduce the radio ON while in RS mode.
I will plan on having a full battery for the camera so I can capture anything interesting.

Old 07-22-2011, 03:00 PM
KenLaffin
Senior User
I called my local Dealer and they are contacting ford on my behalf I will post when I hear something.

Old 07-22-2011, 03:14 PM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Marauder92V
Feels like finding out why Vista doesn't work, right??
All the uninstalled programs and registry hacks wasn't fixing that mess! I'll keep messing with the RS but I have had an unopened set of Firestone air bags that's been sitting in my garage for 4 months that I still need to install.

Originally Posted by my996duc1
It would be nice to find a couple more guys that can do this to try to figure out the variables of how/why this works.
So now we have the Limited Edition seats and the Ultra Limited edition remote start/shutdown feature. Both of which I don't have (I really only want the remote shutdown, no offense Shane. lol).

Originally Posted by KenLaffin
I called my local Dealer and they are contacting ford on my behalf I will post when I hear something.
I'll be interested to here Ford's response on this one (assuming it's not a generic one).

Old 07-22-2011, 03:23 PM
Marauder92V
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by my996duc1

I also wonder if this is a software error and not something that was ever intended in the first place..... if so, is it going to mess something else up in the future. Maybe a trip to the Ford dealer is in order to compare it to a couple on the lot.

Can't go outside and mess with it right now, but next week I want to see if I can figure out how to leave it in RS mode with high idle engaged and if I can reproduce the radio ON while in RS mode.
I will plan on having a full battery for the camera so I can capture anything interesting.
You, my friend, have introduced no greater challenge known to the Ford Enthusiasts forum! (Okay, I lied, you still got a couple of hundred responses needed to beat the EZ Down Tailgate Assist thread)

I am really curious on what is going on here as well. There are only isolated cases of it working. Wish we had some technical input here.

Old 07-22-2011, 03:30 PM
jermort
Senior User
Okay, got my curiosity up.

Tried it on the Lariat, no joy. All I get is a horn honk, shut down when I pull the key. My build date was 05/11.

jammer

Old 07-22-2011, 07:01 PM
trfield58
Junior User
So mine ALSO DOES'NT work....I also get the flashing signal lights, truck shuts down but sometimes the truck starts back up...

Old 07-22-2011, 07:12 PM
kper05
Lead Driver

The different results are interesting.
(I had to add that because I'm distracting the topic from here (only one post)).

Originally Posted by Marauder92V
Feels like finding out why Vista doesn't work, right?? Good luck on finding out the root of why this not working for us!
Vista isn't all that bad.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:48 PM
Marauder92V
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by kper05
The different results are interesting.
(I had to add that because I'm distracting the topic from here (only one post)).

Vista isn't all that bad.

LOL! If your PC was a truck, it's a keeper! My brother-in-law works for MS and Vista is a sore subject with him. I had a ton of issues with my instances on my personal PCs. As soon as 7 was available I switched over.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:13 PM
ninerM1000
Senior User
My truck also has the "Limited Edition" seats and I couldn't get this to work either. The only thing that worked is looking like an idiot in the parking lot trying to get this to work!

Old 07-22-2011, 11:20 PM
PowerStrokeHD
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kper05
I understood PowerStrokeHD's comment as saying our trucks have the MyKey abilities and the rule applies whether we're using the feature or not but it's there.
That would be correct...

Originally Posted by KenLaffin
The likely response will be that the system is operating as designed and not to mess with it. A bulletin was put out to dealers in December of '09 saying the same thing after the first vehicles with MyKey, IA (Intelligent Access) and factory installed remote start started hitting the lots and the complaints started coming in.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:42 PM
my996duc1
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ninerM1000
The only thing that worked is looking like an idiot in the parking lot trying to get this to work!
I am sure my neighbors are wondering what is going on... I keep trying different ways to make this work to see if I can narrow down the variables of it working.
Atleast I am not the only person who's truck can do this and I was able to video it happening, otherwise you all would think I was smoking crack.

Originally Posted by ninerM1000
My truck also has the "Limited Edition" seats and I couldn't get this to work either.
What is the "Limited Edition" seats ?
I've seen them mentioned before but not sure what they are....

Old 07-23-2011, 07:39 AM
kper05
Lead Driver

The "limited edition" name was coined by members here.
These are the two-tone leather seats that Ford offered for a few months with the job 1 trucks last year.

Quick Reply: Remote start