6.2L V8 Discuss the 6.2L V8

2011 F350 6.2 Engine Problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 08:55 PM
FordMstrTech
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have not yet had the chance to work on the new 6.2 yet, none have came through the door other then brand new ones. Keep in mind that we are a smaller dealership. I ran an Oasis and there aren't any reports or TSB's yet for engine noise. There is a TSB for camshaft position sensor, whcih will turn on the MIL. But do not be alarmed if your light comes on. The solution is a reprogram of the PCM...
So hopefully the engine noise deal is just for a few of those 6.2's but who knows. I say give this engine some more time and see what happens. Hopefully it will be a good one...

Old 11-15-2010, 09:03 PM
Byram
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by FordMstrTech
I have not yet had the chance to work on the new 6.2 yet, none have came through the door other then brand new ones. Keep in mind that we are a smaller dealership. I ran an Oasis and there aren't any reports or TSB's yet for engine noise. There is a TSB for camshaft position sensor, whcih will turn on the MIL. But do not be alarmed if your light comes on. The solution is a reprogram of the PCM...
So hopefully the engine noise deal is just for a few of those 6.2's but who knows. I say give this engine some more time and see what happens. Hopefully it will be a good one...
FrodMstrTech - thx for chiming in. I'll say mine has been good and I've worked it hard. Also we ( at FTE) have seen only these 2 cases. Hopefully thAt is the odd cases
My only gripe so far is the AC compressor tends to "rattle" slightly. But being from Tx I've already put a lot of AC miles on it. Lol

Old 11-16-2010, 06:07 AM
5 Star Tuning
Former Vendor
Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Byram
My only gripe so far is the AC compressor tends to "rattle" slightly. But being from Tx I've already put a lot of AC miles on it. Lol
I have that little AC noise too at idle you can hear it.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:08 AM
5 Star Tuning
Former Vendor
Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts
Thanks for posting up the info, let us know if you see or hear anything else.
Mike

Old 11-16-2010, 04:42 PM
Front Runner
Elder User
FordMstrTech,

As others have said, keep us informed if 6.2's start to come in with problems. I really like mine a lot. It's a great engine, and would not hesitate to buy another one if I needed too.

FR

Old 11-16-2010, 09:00 PM
FordMstrTech
Senior User
Hey not a problem fellas. U guys will be the first to hear if when i work on one. Cant wait, just so i can test drive one again. I love it!!! Wish i could afford one haha, wish i could afford my 06 i have now haha.
What kinda fuel mileage yall been gettin out of the 6.2?

Old 11-16-2010, 09:10 PM
Byram
Posting Guru

What kinda fuel mileage yall been gettin out of the 6.2?
I've been getting about 12 mixed. 14-15 straight hwy. 8 towing heavy load. I've been experimenting with running 93 octAne & it appears to be better milage. Jury is still out. By the way what does Ford think about tuning the gas engine/trans I know about the older diesels but gassers?

Old 11-16-2010, 09:15 PM
FordMstrTech
Senior User
do u mean as far as warranty coverage if u have a tuner?

Old 11-16-2010, 09:18 PM
Byram
Posting Guru

do u mean as far as warranty coverage if u have a tuner?
Yea - wArrenty stuff

Old 11-16-2010, 09:33 PM
FordMstrTech
Senior User
Same as a diesel. If the tech can prove that the tuner caused the causal part to fail, then it will not be covered. Its pretty hard to prove that the tuner and only the tuner caused the problem. Most the time there arent too many ?'s asked about tuners beins they r gas...

Old 11-16-2010, 09:44 PM
Byram
Posting Guru

Same as a diesel. If the tech can prove that the tuner caused the causal part to fail, then it will not be covered. Its pretty hard to prove that the tuner and only the tuner caused the problem. Most the time there arent too many ?'s asked about tuners beins they r gas...
Got ya thanks. By the way the 6.2 is a tough SOB. I ran it pulling a maxxed out trailer this summer 4x4 low in some tough rocky/volcanic offroad & and it didn't even wimper. Run in low 4x4 about 100 miles for about a week is a good test for any truck/ tranny/ motor - pulling trailer the whole time.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:10 PM
excaliber551
Elder User
Originally Posted by ROTTEKATZ
6 weeks, 1 day driving a Ford Sentra waiting on the F250 repair.
I'd camp out front with a giant sign telling everyone what a POS their trucks are and make sure everyone knows about it.
They should give you a brand new truck. I'd call the regional service rep and give him an earful.

Old 11-18-2010, 09:27 PM
Moto Mel
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If he has more problems in the same area Ford might have to buy it back under the "Lemon Law" statutes.
I wouldn't call it a POS or a lemon yet, there has to be thousands in use already and just a few problems so far, it seems.

Old 11-18-2010, 09:30 PM
FordMstrTech
Senior User
Originally Posted by Moto Mel
If he has more problems in the same area Ford might have to buy it back under the "Lemon Law" statutes.
Cant do that. I am pretty sure a vehicle has to leave the dealer and come back at least 3 times with the exact same issue as the original concern. But i could be wrong.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:06 AM
Krispy 8
New User
I have about 3000 miles on my 2011 6.2 f-250 and there is a slight lifter noise. Didnt notice it when it was new. Any thoughts?

Quick Reply: 2011 F350 6.2 Engine Problems