67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Good Morning Wyoming!

Old 04-09-2009, 10:16 AM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning all. Spent the last 2 hours with a police officer. Someone or some people broke into a bunch of cars and garages last night. Think that they were addicts since they only took the change out of my ash tray. They also dropped a hand held torch on my drivers seat. They did however manage to break our garage door. Guess I know what I am working on tomorrow for my friday off.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:55 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Morning Miles. Idiots. Well, at least nothing else was taken. Sucks about the garage door, though.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
Morning Mile's, Pat, Ken, and the best of the rest. Miles, very sorry hear of this but these are getting to be strange times I think. From what I understand motion sensor lighting seems to help quite a bit and and they make motion sensor alarms that can be put on the inside, just can't have a cat or dog in there when it is on. Hmmmm.................dog, doesn't sound so bad either. Sometimes just having something barking on the other side of the door can go a long ways.

I realize that the most agrivating thing about all this is for no more than they came up with a dollar amount on what was distroyed is mind boggling. As crazy as this may sound I have wondered some time back why they simply did not make drugs readly available to drug addicts with out fear of the law, the way I see it takes care of two problems, one the price would plumet making it a useless comodity and two within 6 months as grizzly as it may seem the druggys would simply be dead.......................I know realisticly that this will not work but it is fun to run through ones mind just the same. I HATE druggys with a passion. Wow that was good for the blood pressure but this is my rant for the day.

Hope they didn't break too much stuff Miles.

Last edited by Orin Martin; 04-09-2009 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Insert left out word
Old 04-09-2009, 11:10 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Orin Martin
I realize that the most agrivating thing about all this is for no more than they came up with a dollar amount on what was distroyed is mind boggling. As crazy as this may sound I have wondered some time back why they simply did not make drugs readly available to drug addicts with out fear of the law, the way I see it takes care of two problems, one the price would plumet making it a useless comodity and two within 6 months as grizzly as it may seem the druggys would simply be dead.......................I know realisticly that this will not work but it is fun to run through ones mind just the same. I HATE druggys with a passion. Wow that was good for the blood pressure but this is my rant for the day.
Good morning Orin. It's amazing how much we think alike!

Old 04-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
Morning Pat, I would have to think we had good people in our past that pushed us towards gratifacation sought from pride and belief in one's self WORKING for the things that we wanted and could take pride in.............. NOT instant gratifacation that so many know and expect now.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:45 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
there are just too many people now that expect everything to be easy, and to be given to them. I guess some of it has evovled from the generations that have gotten larger and larger inheritances from the generations preceding them. They now have things that the previous generation had to work for, given to them.

I think it affects the way people appreciate things.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:50 PM
swann79
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 97nukeford
there are just too many people now that expect everything to be easy, and to be given to them. I guess some of it has evovled from the generations that have gotten larger and larger inheritances from the generations preceding them. They now have things that the previous generation had to work for, given to them.

I wholeheartedly agree. This is why I have refused to open savings accounts for my kids to put some of my own money into. Nothing was given to me and I appreciate everything I have worked for in my life. I want my kids to learn the same lessons. The general population today seems to want to rely on handouts. Get a friggin' job!!!

Old 04-09-2009, 01:53 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Hey Scott, how it going out yonder?

Old 04-09-2009, 02:23 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Headed out to Home Depot to get some working motion lights and a then the gun shop for some more 45 ACP hollow points.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:27 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by mwvdub
Headed out to Home Depot to get some working motion lights and a then the gun shop for some more 45 ACP hollow points.
There ya' go Miles!!!

Old 04-09-2009, 02:41 PM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 97nukeford

I understand exactly what you speak of and have a thought to this that has been brought on by my 3 kids ranging from now 27-13 through the years of raising them. While my own were and is growing up they were treated different because of my upbringing and the fact I never had a lot of money so they had to learn to work from early on in life. Work was delegated as fit for the age and maturity of the child with a push towards maturity being given as a gentle but persistent push. At all times I maintained a parental role even though not overbearing (tried but sometimes failed on overbearing) but just enough to know who was in charge and who wasn't yet only to be in their own adult lives. I allowed them to make decisions at times but they had to suffer the consequences when things did not work. My role in this was to assure what they could handle and what they could not yet, some were already known to fail so had to assume risks there to ones that I knew they would succeed in if they made the effort sometimes repeatedly. Some things have to be learned the hard way which if done earlier in their lives helped them to think out consequences later on I felt. I have at all times expected and demanded honesty and virtue with self reliance.fficeffice" /><O></O>
<O></O>
I have seen so many times that people would inherit an estate only to blow it apart in just a few short years having not been properly prepped for such an undertaking. Regardless of what many may think taking over an estate that has been worked on a life time is anything but a free giveaway. In my case when my folks become older I found my self coming to this very ranch that I grew up on and now own to help with bringing hay or feed in for the livestock when the winter became more rough than expected to help ship in the fall which was a family event and every thing in between even in the end taking my dad to the hospital after suffering an almost fatal heart attack then moving my mother a short time later. I did all this without regard for what I could get from it proven by the fact that my dad’s mom who was a very determined self sufficient individual at 94 still owned this place as she had received it in her estate back in 1945 from her father and was still alive at the time. She was a very distrusting person having suffered greatly in her life maintained an iron fist control both for the original home stead and another ranch she bought with her estate money as well. I learned a great deal from this woman about how something like this should be treasured and not allow those close to you to change your direction for their personal unappreciative gain, my dad excluded from that statement.<O></O>
<O></O>
I calculate that this "free" ranch has so far only cost me the time to help keep my dad and mom on the place as long as possible which they wanted then to help mother move to town who is still living in her own home along with care for my grandmother. I first sat with my dad then her 3 years later in their final hours hoping to provide comfort to the subsequent burial of two people I loved dearly that I was in charge of. It came as no surprise that her only daughter still living, only involvement was to make a midnight run on grandmother’s house and slip away to her home 3 states away. A resultant bitter battle with my only aunt who saw every thing as a personal gain began and continued to around Oct of 98 when she finally gave in to allowing me to keep this ranch but she would take all the other money and possessions which I did not care.......... but justice did have its way as she surprisingly passed away one night in her home having outlived her mother whom she never came to the funeral for by only 4 months. Talk about karma. Since then there has been countless hours and expense in repairs and upkeep in an on going battle to put this run down place back together that I love as time and money permits.<O></O>
<O> </O>
In the end of all this I have always had one thought on my aunts passing; I felt very heartbroken not have known prior to as by the time I learned of her passing she had been gone for two weeks or so of her funeral and had been able to attend………………..to make doggone good and sure it really was her that was going under. Cruel as that may sound it was one of those had to be there things to understand.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by mwvdub
This is why I love my 357 mag. When you live as far away from 911 as I do this kind of helps even things up a bit.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:53 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
I've known people in similar situations. I'm just glad at my own mom's passing my brothers and I worked well together to take care of all that needed done, with no squabbling whatsoever. I think it was because we would have gladly traded all of estate to have her back with us. We have always gotten along well, and are very close to each other. What few things I did recieve, such as a few of her belt buckles won by her chariot team, and a few of her rifles, I cherish them with all of my heart, as do my older brothers.

We still have her place up in Lander, and sometime in the future will probably have to decide upon it's fate, since none of us really use it. I hate to get rid of it, but we are getting to the point of not being able to maintain it from 800 miles away.

Old 04-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
Well gents I have to get more stuff going so must run, hope that things start getting better Miles as it sounds like you should just about be stoked up on excitement for the time being. Later on.

Quick Reply: Wyoming chapter April BS thread!!