67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Good Morning Wyoming!! Orin, Nice pics!

Old 04-07-2009, 10:47 AM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning Pat, Orin. Running around like a headless chicken today.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:31 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by mwvdub
Good morning Pat, Orin. Running around like a headless chicken today.

Hmmm...I'm thinking that's not a good look for you Miles.....

Old 04-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
Good morning gentlemen, another fine day today. Miles, I will have to agree with Pat on this one. I hope your day slows down to a mild roar but I have had these moments as well in my life.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:06 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Not anything even important, just a pain in the butt. They are changing a lot of our processes right now and failed to send out an email to let everyone know. I have made about 50 phone calls today all ready.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:04 PM
PreciousOne
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
afternoon/evening all of WHY-oming~~~

Old 04-07-2009, 10:19 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Evening Tammie. How is the new job going so far?

(Beginning of Rant)

I had a feeling that it was coming eventually but it happened today. The governor sent out an executive order freezing all hiring. He also asked for all agencies to "defer reclassification's and promotions", and "limit non-essential expenses such as travel, the purchase of supplies and equipment and contractual services." Furthermore, he asked agencies to "continue energy and resource conservation efforts to reduce utility expenses." Looks like I will not be reclassified after one year of service as promised (generally 23% pay increase when you are new), nor will we get the 4% raise that was coming in July. It also looks like the position we have been waiting to fill until July is not going to happen "until further notice." So "until further notice" we will be a man down with less net income than when I started when health insurance gets raised 4% in July.

The primer for today's executive order is the reduced revenue from the decrease in natural gas prices. Since the state of Wyoming does not have a state income tax, we rely largely on severance and mineral taxes. With the 2/3 price reduction in natural gas, I can see the need to cut costs in this tough economic time. What I don't understand is why with natural gas prices being down 66%, why is my utility bill from Cheyenne Light, Fuel and Power down only 10%? Sure doesn't help when more money goes out than comes in. I will be needing to look for a part time job again.

(End of Rant)

Old 04-08-2009, 07:56 AM
swann79
Posting Guru
I understand your rant miles. It sucks. I hope it gets better for you. I too have wondered why these lower natural gas prices haven't been passed down to the consumer. My gas bills this winter have actually been higher than the previous year. It's a bunch of BS.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:59 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Good Morning to all my Wyoming buds. Miles, sorry to hear your not getting your pay raise, that sucks. Hopefully they'll be able to do it in the near future. Should be a nice day here, high near 60.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:52 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,110 Likes on 4,192 Posts
Good morning Why-oming!!! Happy Hump Day!!!

Miles...sorry to hear about your raise not coming through...but...on the bright side...you still have a job. Unfortunately there are a lot of folks who can't say that!!!

Old 04-08-2009, 08:59 AM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
I am not as mad about it today as yesterday, but I was really looking forward to the job reclassification. My boss was really pushing for it for our whole department. The bad thing is, she is out this week for spring break with her kids.

Originally Posted by BIGKEN
Good morning Why-oming!!! Happy Hump Day!!!

Miles...sorry to hear about your raise not coming through...but...on the bright side...you still have a job. Unfortunately there are a lot of folks who can't say that!!!
This is a really good point Ken. Not good times for our country.

Old 04-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
Good afternoon Miles, Pat, Scott, Ken, and all others both near and far, I stopped by a moment before getting to it again as the weather has been beautiful these past couple of days.

Tammie I think has got us to the Why-oming phaze officialy now noting that it seems to be popping up more. Thanks Tammie, after all my years in WYOMING I now have to ask WHY! LOL!

Miles, I' am sorry to hear of things the way they are going. I know it is old shoe leather but I would have to say that having work is getting to be tricky business any more and one should be happy to have anything I' am afraid even more prevailent as this year wears on unless we can pull the "rabbit out of the hat" so to speak. I fear that wont most likely happen though as too much time and damage has occured already rendering us insignificant participants in remainder of the event.

I look upon all this as education and I fear we will all learn from it by the time it is done hopefully sooner than later.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:21 PM
PreciousOne
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Orin Martin
Tammie I think has got us to the Why-oming phaze officialy now noting that it seems to be popping up more. Thanks Tammie, after all my years in WYOMING I now have to ask WHY! LOL!
this was exactly my reasoning.......

and you are quite welcome, my very dear friend!!!

=================================

well, this place was gonna hire me or have me arrested for stalking them......LOL

in my interview, I told the lady this was my "4TH" time interviewing for the company.....she looked over my papers and said she couldnt figure out why I wasnt offered a job yet.....then she asked why I was so persistent......I told her "I feel your company will benefit as much as I will by your employment of me....and I am like the proverbial 'bad penny'.....I will keep coming back just so they could get rid of me....."

one week later I was offered the job!!!!

and here I am.....

I must say I am a bit disappointed with their training staff.....NO CONTROL over their class!!!!!!

I am there to learn and not catch up on all the gossip, latest tv series news, or any other BS......well, after three days of total waste, I let my instructors know that...I said, "I am here to learn, I cannot effectively learn if I am constantly in the middle of a gossip circle. I will not be able to perform my job responsibilities properly if I cannot hear your instruction. WHAT are your suggestions??"

We will be working on that!

Old 04-08-2009, 11:28 PM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
Good evening Tammie, I will have you know that here in Wyoming we have wide open spaces yet, the climate is dry normaly (but not this dry) mild temps year round with exspected lows around -30 F in the winter and a high of 110 F in the summer. Our seasons are winter and summer with summer sharing Frontier Days as the other season where it rains most all the time it is going on in late July and if you don't like the weather just wait 10 minutes and it will change. I' am not selling this very well am I? LOL!

Years back I would have to go to Denver quite a bit for class's to learn the new stuff that was coming out. Most of the time we had well organized class's that stuck to a schedule which left little time for social hour which durring these times one could learn quite a bit. There was a few times though that were run more like a holiday where if you did not read and follow up at the hotel your goose would be cooked at the end of the week when you would test.

Good luck to you Tammie.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:30 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,110 Likes on 4,192 Posts
Good morning Saawx Fans...welcome to Thursday!!! It's going to be a great day in the Northeast...low 60s and sunny...I hope your weather is as nice!!!

Quick Reply: Wyoming chapter April BS thread!!