Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.7 Spotted Undergoing Testing.

Old 05-02-2008, 03:15 PM
phillips91
phillips91 has much to be proud ofphillips91 has much to be proud ofphillips91 has much to be proud ofphillips91 has much to be proud ofphillips91 has much to be proud ofphillips91 has much to be proud ofphillips91 has much to be proud ofphillips91 has much to be proud ofphillips91 has much to be proud of
im not saying the entire hood has been photoshopped onto it, but something on the drivers side has been messed with. no doubt about it. they get real secretive when they test stuff, and maybe it had something on it they didnt want anyone to see. the image i saved turned out perfectly fine. at 100% it was almost the size of my monitor(17 inches). so it wasnt too hard to see.....

Old 05-02-2008, 03:57 PM
PowerStrokeHD
Postmaster
PowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Lead Head View Post
Its still a piece of rubber, you can tell. Plus trying to tell if a picture is photoshopped is pretty difficult when the picture is saves as a hugely compressed jpeg, and there are artifacts all over the place. What reason would anyone have to photoshop the truck anyways?
Yup, sure looks like a piece of rubber to me. Probably a piece of edge protector to cover a raw metal edge in the center of the hood which would be covered by the grill if it were attached to the hood. If you look where the edging curves down on the driver side where the headlight and grill meet is a black spot that looks like a sharp corner. My guess is the rubber strip was cut too short.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:33 PM
herman391
Posting Guru
herman391 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.herman391 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by a-rod View Post
If you look close that front end is just kinda cobbled together for testing I guess, they either pushed the bumper out farther or brought the grill in more from the looks of where that hood latch is. That hood is ugly as heck, I hope thats just temporary.
Looks to me like they chopped off part of the grill threw some E-350 headlights on there and then streched the hood. Hopefully with them testing this thing already it'll turn out to be a great engine. Plus it'll show up right around the time i'll be needing/wanting a new truck.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:13 PM
fruth04
Senior User
fruth04 is starting off with a positive reputation.
no doubt about it there is NO PHOTOSHOPPING visible, im looking at it on a 46inch LCD screen and it looks legit as it can get for the camera quality was. that is rubber on the front of the hood, and it almsot looks like they sawed off the chrome grill to make the domed hood cover my prediction is the 6.7 is in early stages and there is a ton of crap thrown under there that they are working vwith yet and havent gotten it to fit in there yyet. if u read up the 4.4 motor is gonig in the e-series. likely because this motor is far too large. JMO....

Old 05-05-2008, 09:43 PM
Lead Head
Post Fiend
Lead Head is a name known to allLead Head is a name known to allLead Head is a name known to allLead Head is a name known to allLead Head is a name known to allLead Head is a name known to all
Yes I agree, not yet finalized intake, tube/wire placements, fan position, etc.. There is probably a ton of sensors and other devices crammed under there as well to make sure the engine is operating all the specs.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:45 PM
PowerStrokeHD
Postmaster
PowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to behold
The thing that makes it look so funny is the grill is not attached to the hood and is set back. When the hood is closed the front edge is hanging over the top of the grill.

The truck is a "engine" test mule and has nothing to do with looks. By the time the actual truck makes it to production, it could have a whole new front end.

Yes, the yellow handle it a exterior hood release for emergency purposes...

Old 05-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Lead Head
Post Fiend
Lead Head is a name known to allLead Head is a name known to allLead Head is a name known to allLead Head is a name known to allLead Head is a name known to allLead Head is a name known to all
Originally Posted by PowerStrokeHD View Post
The thing that makes it look so funny is the grill is not attached to the hood and is set back. When the hood is closed the front edge is hanging over the top of the grill.

The truck is a "engine" test mule and has nothing to do with looks. By the time the actual truck makes it to production, it could have a whole new front end.

Yes, the yellow handle it a exterior hood release for emergency purposes...
I was thinking that the handle was actually an emergency fuel cut off say if an injector got stuck open or seomthing

Old 05-06-2008, 01:54 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
F350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Lead Head View Post
I was thinking that the handle was actually an emergency fuel cut off say if an injector got stuck open or seomthing
I would guess that's what the red button on the dash is for. I've seen that button on several test mule photos. Either that or it's the new passenger seat eject button that I've always wanted.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:34 AM
BigF350
Post Fiend
BigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputation
I wonder if it passed Quality Control for hood overslam

Old 05-18-2008, 10:14 PM
aortizexcursion
Posting Guru
aortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputation
They must be working on a urea injection system or something since the fuel door is camoflaged. Also, did anybody notice all the wires hanging under the engine compartment. As for it being photo shopped, I highly doubt it, and theres no way there trying to hide something by photoshopping becasue as the picture says, "Copyright: Brian Williams for Brenda Priddy & Co" meaning its not a pic from Ford, its a spy photo which is what Brendy Priddy & Co specialize in.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:10 PM
Chauncey
Senior User
Chauncey is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Off the topic of is it or isn't it, interesting that Ford would run it with the shorter Job 1 airdam instead of the current airdam. O well, it's a long way off and a great many things will probably change before we see it hit the carshows or showrooms.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:04 PM
c00nhunterjoe
Post Fiend
c00nhunterjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.c00nhunterjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.c00nhunterjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.
i have connections with the guys testing the new diesel, it is a v-8 and the hope is to have it detuned to 400 hp and 725 ft lbs for the public. the test vehicles run like raped apes and they arnt really having much issues with it.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:33 PM
shelbymustang
Junior User
shelbymustang is starting off with a positive reputation.
well if that is true we need to get it out on the market now

Old 05-27-2008, 10:10 PM
c00nhunterjoe
Post Fiend
c00nhunterjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.c00nhunterjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.c00nhunterjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.
soon, they are still tweaking it and they are optimistic in the release. they are getting all the bugs worked out that they can get to act up but the consumers always find more

Old 05-30-2008, 08:27 AM
IHpuller450
Junior User
IHpuller450 is new and has a neutral reputation at this point.
Mistake?

In my opinion Ford has made a giant mistake dropping navistar. Now we may end up with years and years of diesel engine problems because ford is just now making its own diesels for this application, yes i know that they produce other size diesels, but hasnt it been proven that the only reason that the 6.0 had trouble was because ford refused to use the electronic specifications Navistar recomended. now im a ford fan and an IH fan and it just breaks my heart that we are loosing the best combination of diesel truck/engine suppliers

--just my two cents.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 6.7 Spotted Undergoing Testing.

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: