Cool Tips and tricks - Page 31 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Cool Tips and tricks

Old 05-06-2018, 12:04 AM
aussie bl
Junior User
aussie bl has a good reputation on FTE.aussie bl has a good reputation on FTE.
got it

well looked on the google machine and it brought me back to a post on here lol allin key now to get the hinge pins out doors are off and to the panel beaters

Old 05-15-2018, 09:42 PM
Steve Harlow
Junior User
Steve Harlow is starting off with a positive reputation.
Are the '56 tail lights and '49 tail lights interchangable?

I really prefer the shield styled one to the little round nubbin things from the first gen. The brackets look nearly identical outside of a small kink at the bottom, which doesn't appear to affect the bolt spacing.

Anyone tried this before?

Old 07-10-2018, 10:58 AM
petemcl
Still Learnin'
petemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud of
Cool New snake oil

My middle son works in the restoration department at the Detroit Institute of Art and they were sharing secrets with the folks from the Smithsonian Institute. The Smithsonian folks recommended a product that I had not heard of before. Superzilla. Apparently it is all natural and is easier on painted surfaces than products like Goo be Gone. At the same time it does a great job of removing rust and corrosion while leaving a lubricating film. This is from their website Superzilla:
Superzilla is superior as a Penetrating Oil, a Cleaner and as a Lubricant and hereís why:As a PENETRATING OIL it is the best in the WORLD! Superzilla has natural capillary action since itís made from plants. Superzilla will literally walk through a rusted nut and come out an inch on the other side. While itís doing this, it is removing rust and lubricating the mechanisms so the bolt is easily removed.
It also frees up seized engines and gets into places nothing else will!.

I just ordered some from Amazon (cheaper than some). I'll let you know how it works.

Old 10-17-2018, 07:26 AM
MP&C
Senior User
MP&C has a great reputation on FTE.MP&C has a great reputation on FTE.MP&C has a great reputation on FTE.MP&C has a great reputation on FTE.
My wife's cousin JB, who works at Interiors by Shannon, contacted me the other day about making him a dimpling punch and die for installing door panel fasteners..

There's always room for improvement, so I thought I'd add a flat to one side of the lower die so it could be clamped in a vise for more stability. A short piece of V-block was installed in the Aloris tool holder and viola! We have a Southbend Milling Machine!

The alignment pin was added to the bottom die to help keep the panel aligned during the punching process, a 1/4" hole will be added to the panel where fasteners are needed.

Installing into the vise...

Our .06 aluminum test panel...

Ö.that should work...

Old 10-17-2018, 12:49 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Post Fiend
ALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by MP&C View Post
My wife's cousin JB, who works at Interiors by Shannon, contacted me the other day about making him a dimpling punch and die for installing door panel fasteners..

Ö.that should work...
Very nice!