General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Playoffs start 2nite

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 12:42 PM
Miramichi_hockey
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Playoffs start 2nite

Any thoughts of who's gonna win this years stanley cup? I want my Sens to win it, or any Canadian team for that matter. Any hockey fans out there???

Old 04-21-2006, 01:06 PM
Baja Daze
Senior User
I grew up in NJ, but I'm Rangers fan at heart and have been for about 15 years. This is the first time they've made it to the playoffs in quite a number of years, and in fact are in 3rd - not too bad. I'm Rooting for New York!

Your Senators are looking strong this year...They're playing Tampa(my current hometeam) in round one. Should be interesting.

I've been playing hockey since I could first strap on a pair of skates and hold a stick in my hand, so I just love hockey in general.

Old 04-21-2006, 01:21 PM
andym
Post Fiend
Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
I am happy to report that my beloved Buffalo Sabres are back in the playoffs this year. We hope to avenge that HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE call in the 1999 Stanley cup finals against the Stars.

Old 04-21-2006, 01:25 PM
hawk
Posting Guru
well, i'll be watching from the sidelines and will have to pick a favorite as we do not have an NHL francise here in the Boston area! just a training and retirement camp!
i might root for the sharks as they have that no good player thorton.
teams i wont root for
so far
1) the habs, gets kinda old when you have the officials on your side at your home games.
2) buffalo -- home of that miser cheapskate Jacobs- the man who destroyed the bruins!
3) any newyork team ie. rangers isles devils -- sorry but they have too mnay teams in every sport.

Old 04-21-2006, 01:35 PM
Miramichi_hockey
Senior User
Originally Posted by andym
We hope to avenge that HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE call in the 1999 Stanley cup finals against the Stars.
Dude I cant begin to understand what that was like! Can one get over something like that?-I don't think so. I pray some bad call doesn't get made or something against my sens! Imagine if hasek was playing and it happened again to him in the finals.

Old 04-21-2006, 01:36 PM
jrl138
Freshman User
the cup is coming back to texas.GO STARS.

Old 04-21-2006, 01:38 PM
Miramichi_hockey
Senior User
Originally Posted by jrl138
the cup is coming back to texas.GO STARS.
jrl138, meet andym!

Old 04-21-2006, 01:50 PM
jrl138
Freshman User
would buffalo fans feel the same way if they won on that goal.

Old 04-21-2006, 02:03 PM
tedbiv
Junior User
Thumbs up go hurricanes!

My favorite team has always been the Canadiens since I was young. But, now living in Raleigh NC, I like the Hurricanes. My wife actually loves watching them on TV. She gets so pissed off when they loose. Although, after the Olympics we have not been doing well ( losing Eric Cole and all ). But you never know. It would be good for the sport here in the south to have the Stanley Cup for a year, or two, or three or....

Old 04-21-2006, 02:39 PM
ChurchTurtle
Elder User
I'm a very casual hockey fan. I like the Pens, mainly due to Mario. But of course they didn't make the cut.

I've watched quite a few Hawks games on TV and listened to a few on the radio, but can't call myself a die-hard fan of them either. I'm enough of a fan to hate Detroit, though. So if it can't be the Pens or Hawks, and the I don't want it to be the Wings. I'd like it to be an Original 6 team, or a Canadian team, so I guess I'll be pulling for the Sens or maybe the Lanche. That said, I do have a Sharks cap. Guess I may have to pull for them.

Sounds pretty wishy washy doesn't it. But I am firm in my distaste of the Red Wings.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Detroit!

Old 04-21-2006, 02:55 PM
Icefan71
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My team (NY Isles) is already starting on their summer plans. And I'm happy to see the Rangers couldn't hang on to their division title. And now they are gonna lose in the first round to the team that took it away from them, NJ. As for who is gonna win, I think I'd like to see Buffalo or Carolina in the finals, but I think Detroit will win it all.
PS. If anyone is looking for a high paid, low scoring superstar, please take Yashin off our hands.

Old 04-21-2006, 03:22 PM
jrl138
Freshman User
churchturtle i'm with you about the wings,but i gota go stars over col.

Old 04-21-2006, 03:30 PM
Miramichi_hockey
Senior User
Originally Posted by Icefan71
PS. If anyone is looking for a high paid, low scoring superstar, please take Yashin off our hands.
I don't know if anyone will take him off YOUR hands but thanks eh for taking him off OUR hands!

Old 04-21-2006, 03:40 PM
xtrford
Posting Guru
My poor Canucks...oh well. It'll will be nice to see the red mile back here in Calgary. With Kipper back stopping, watch out for them Flames!

Old 04-21-2006, 03:44 PM
ChurchTurtle
Elder User
Originally Posted by jrl138
churchturtle i'm with you about the wings,but i gota go stars over col.
I was going to college in the twin cities back when they were still in Minnesota. You don't know how many times I've kicked myself for not attending at least one game.

Like I said the main thing is BOOOO Detroit! Alright we'll have a Dr. Pepper and pull for the Stars! Woo Hoo!

Quick Reply: Playoffs start 2nite