Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

fuel delivery fix

Old 01-25-2006, 08:25 AM
PSNut
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lancer
take the pressure and its rated for 212*f.
Nope. Don't push your luck. SAE30R9 5/16" multi fuel is your best bet.
Nut

Old 01-25-2006, 11:40 AM
Craven
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nut, did you gut the stock regulator or just cap it off? I found the right cap yesterday at Home Depot, 3/8" cap for a compression fitting.

Old 01-25-2006, 12:18 PM
hink10
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by PSNut
I used Jeg's -6AN SS braided fuel line and their matching black swivel fittings.
Real nice looking stuff. The adapters are blue. I combined Kwik's and Diesel Innovations design/installation instructions. Made measurement/plannig routing less tedious. I also added heat shield sleeve over the line where it came close to the exhaust/turbo( $15/3ft at local performance shop).This guy wanted
$6.50/ft for equivalent fuel line.Jeg's was $36/10ft! I'll take it!
Nut
Nut,
I have been looking at Kwik's air bleed system, but am considering using an external regulator set-up like to one you have put together. Where did you get your regulator and about what did it cost? Also, how is this plumbed compared to Kwik's system? Thanks!

Old 01-25-2006, 12:32 PM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by hink10
Nut,
I have been looking at Kwik's air bleed system, but am considering using an external regulator set-up like to one you have put together. Where did you get your regulator and about what did it cost? Also, how is this plumbed compared to Kwik's system? Thanks!
Hink, have you read this whole thread, from the first post? I think you'll find most of the information throught the thread. But in short, nut's system is fed from the rear of the heads, out to a regulator through the front of the heads, then back to the factory return line. I think he just capped the stock FRP on the fuel bowl. Not sure what regulator he used though. His cost = $350.

Old 01-25-2006, 01:00 PM
Craven
Senior User
Nut,
I am also doing a regulated return system, I got a regulator off of ebay from speedindex for about $36.00 shipped to my door. It is a nice machined part and looks like it will do the job, we will see. Like this one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLUE-...temZ8015200489

Last edited by Craven; 01-25-2006 at 01:12 PM.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:06 PM
PSNut
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Craven
Nut, did you gut the stock regulator or just cap it off? I found the right cap yesterday at Home Depot, 3/8" cap for a compression fitting.
No gut just cap.
Nut

Old 01-25-2006, 01:11 PM
Craven
Senior User
Cool Thanks Nut

Old 01-25-2006, 01:13 PM
PSNut
Postmaster
Nut,
Regulator: Kirban Performance-(#5107)$125 shipped to the door.http://www.kirbanperformance.com/

Plumbed like DI's setup : http://www.dieselinnovations.com/techfiles/reg-kit.pdf
Good diagram and parts list with hose lengths ..Caution: some irregularities in the instructions...i can help u thru it.
Nut

Old 01-25-2006, 03:23 PM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
Regulator: Kirban Performance-(#5107)$125 shipped to the door.
I don't know a lot about different brands of regulators, so please enlighten me, Nut. Why the Kirban and not something different like Aeromotive?

Old 01-25-2006, 03:45 PM
PSNut
Postmaster
Originally Posted by jtharvey
I don't know a lot about different brands of regulators, so please enlighten me, Nut. Why the Kirban and not something different like Aeromotive?
Looked around and found it to be a good price. It's billet and looks real nice.
On Kwik's original post on the fuel delivery air bleed someone mentioned Kirban
and had good things to say. They gave part # and web site i believe...nice and
easy. The wife and i are fighting over time on the computer now....i'm rigging up a laptop to solve that problem. Needless to say i can't do lots of shopping.
Nut

Old 01-25-2006, 09:14 PM
hink10
Fleet Mechanic
Regulator: Kirban Performance-(#5107)$125 shipped to the door.http://www.kirbanperformance.com/

Plumbed like DI's setup : http://www.dieselinnovations.com/techfiles/reg-kit.pdf
Good diagram and parts list with hose lengths ..Caution: some irregularities in the instructions...i can help u thru it.
Nut
Thanks for the help! I checked quick for diagram over at DI, didn't see it. Exactly what I needed, still trying to decide if I want to use a regulator or not. I was a bit lost looking for one, so thanks for the link. I've learned a lot here, still have much more to learn though. This is certainly the place to do it, you guys are a big help!

Old 01-26-2006, 10:55 PM
hink10
Fleet Mechanic
I used Jeg's -6AN SS braided fuel line and their matching black swivel fittings.
Real nice looking stuff. The adapters are blue. I combined Kwik's and Diesel Innovations design/installation instructions. Made measurement/plannig routing less tedious. I also added heat shield sleeve over the line where it came close to the exhaust/turbo( $15/3ft at local performance shop).This guy wanted
$6.50/ft for equivalent fuel line.Jeg's was $36/10ft! I'll take it!
Nut
Nut,
Think I'm going your route using the DI's diagram and the Kirban regulator. DI's instructions say to remove ac compressor, did you have to do that and if so do the lines allow enough flex so you don't have to disconnect them and mess with refrigerant? Also, did you use a pressure gauge on the regulator, I noticed there wasn't one in your pics? I saw Kirban has one that attaches directly to the fuel pressure service port. Thanks again for your help!

Old 01-27-2006, 01:08 AM
hink10
Fleet Mechanic
Sorry Nut, couple more questions. What fittings did you use to connect to the vibra lock connection at the factory return line? Did you use the same ss braided hose or regular fuel line? Thanks!

Old 01-27-2006, 07:16 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 778 Likes on 594 Posts
You don't have to remove the AC pump. Let us know how it goes hink10.

Old 01-27-2006, 01:15 PM
PSNut
Postmaster
Nut,
Think I'm going your route using the DI's diagram and the Kirban regulator. DI's instructions say to remove ac compressor, did you have to do that and if so do the lines allow enough flex so you don't have to disconnect them and mess with refrigerant? Also, did you use a pressure gauge on the regulator, I noticed there wasn't one in your pics? I saw Kirban has one that attaches directly to the fuel pressure service port. Thanks again for your help!
KWik said it...don't have to remove Ac pump...just swivel out of the way. No pressure gauge mount on this regulator...use the spare port on the fuel filter bowl. I''l get more pictures posted tonight.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: fuel delivery fix