Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

fuel delivery fix

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 09:49 PM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I just posted this in the other thread, but in case someone's only following one, here's what Dennis said about their fitting on the filter bowl:
Yes, my fitting has a small bleed orifice. None of the stock pieces are used behind it except the o-ring.
It looks as though there is a small bleed hole after all and it doesn't just cap off the stock regulator hole. But man nut, I sure do like the look of those braided lines in your system. Maybe I could figure out a way to make a part similar to what the ITP system has. Something line a small bleed orifice over the stock output on the bowl, then use a T attatched to that so you could run the line from the regulator to it and attach the factory return line to the last port?

Old 01-23-2006, 10:07 PM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
Here's what I was thinking:

Old 01-23-2006, 11:39 PM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 791 Likes on 603 Posts
Originally Posted by jtharvey
Here's what I was thinking:
That would be perfect. I would use one of those pressure snubbers mentioned earlier.

Old 01-24-2006, 12:37 AM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Kwikkordead
That would be perfect. I would use one of those pressure snubbers mentioned earlier.
That's what I was thinking of, just couldn't remember the name of the piece--pressure snubber!! Thanks Kwik!! You might also read some of the last posts from the other thread (your air bleed thread), although they're almost the same, nut was asking for your input there. There's also some talk about the DI kit there. Thread link here:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...=442115&page=3

Old 01-24-2006, 06:20 AM
lancer
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys do you have to re-route the feed lines to the back of the head or can you just hook the the bleed lines to the back of the head? I see nut hooked his feed lines to the back of the heads. If bleeding off the air is all that needs to be done it should work either way right? Thanks agian Lancer

Old 01-24-2006, 06:55 AM
PSNut
Postmaster
Originally Posted by lancer
Hey guys do you have to re-route the feed lines to the back of the head or can you just hook the the bleed lines to the back of the head? I see nut hooked his feed lines to the back of the heads. If bleeding off the air is all that needs to be done it should work either way right? Thanks agian Lancer
Thaat's right Lancer.
NUt

Old 01-24-2006, 07:56 AM
Craven
Senior User
Originally Posted by lancer
Hey guys do you have to re-route the feed lines to the back of the head or can you just hook the the bleed lines to the back of the head? I see nut hooked his feed lines to the back of the heads. If bleeding off the air is all that needs to be done it should work either way right? Thanks again Lancer
According to Dennis at ITP it dosn't matter with a full flowing system. The only advantage of running the fuel feed to the back of the drivers head, is maybe #8 getting cooler fuel.

Old 01-24-2006, 08:02 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by Craven
According to Dennis at ITP it dosn't matter with a full flowing system. The only advantage of running the fuel feed to the back of the drivers head, is maybe #8 getting cooler fuel.
I would almost agree with him because the fuel is moving at a high enough volume to carry away any bubbles in the fuel stream.
That's still working against the laws of mother nature. IMO the best way to do it is to feed the heads at the rear to allow all bubbles to rise. Yeah, it's extra work, but I don't care. IMO the end result will be that much better.

Old 01-24-2006, 08:27 AM
PSNut
Postmaster
Kwik, concerning the stock regulator placement and air bleeding with that it's easy to see it isn't at the top of the filter housing...how about some sort of bleed system thru the filter cover.
Nut

Old 01-24-2006, 08:36 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by PSNut
Kwik, concerning the stock regulator placement and air bleeding with that it's easy to see it isn't at the top of the filter housing...how about some sort of bleed system thru the filter cover.
Nut
That would work. The thought comes to mind that all fuel going through that little oriface would be unfiltered, giving the possibility of getting clogged with an obstruction that would normally get filtered out. I suppose it wouldn't be hard to check and make sure that it's clear every time you change the filter.

Old 01-24-2006, 08:36 AM
guzzle92
Posting Guru
Nut, Did you put some kind of flow restriction on the return line after the reg or is it full flow back to the tank? By some of the pics from DI, it appears as if they have 'crimped' the return line to reduce flow to the tank. Also have you had any long runs that gave you the opportunity to test the fuel tank temperature?

Old 01-24-2006, 08:37 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by guzzle92
Nut, Did you put some kind of flow restriction on the return line after the reg or is it full flow back to the tank? By some of the pics from DI, it appears as if they have 'crimped' the return line to reduce flow to the tank. Also have you had any long runs that gave you the opportunity to test the fuel tank temperature?
You don't want any sort of restriction after the pressure regulator. That would mess with pressure and volume.

Old 01-24-2006, 08:44 AM
Craven
Senior User
Originally Posted by Kwikkordead
You don't want any sort of restriction after the pressure regulator. That would mess with pressure and volume.
I agree, Kwik

Old 01-24-2006, 08:50 AM
PSNut
Postmaster
Originally Posted by guzzle92
No and No.

Old 01-25-2006, 06:35 AM
lancer
Elder User
Hey guys i was looking at some 1/4" hydraulic hose. It will easily take the pressure and its rated for 212*f. Do you think hydraulic line will stand up to diesel fuel. Sorry for all the questions just want to do it right. Also i was thinking of using a jet from a snowmobile carb for my orifice. Nice and small and easy to get! Thanks agin Lance

Quick Reply: fuel delivery fix