2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Fox single steering stabilizer

Old 01-08-2019, 11:58 AM
catrasca
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As per instructions and fitment guide on dual stabilizer kits, they only work on lifted/leveled trucks.

I got the Rough Country N3 Kit and it works great. Got rid of all bump steer and feels really tight. I left the stock stabilizer in it’s place after trying without it. A little bit of a workout for parking maneuvers and steering wheel doesn’t return to center as quickly on corners.

Rough Country N3 Dual Steering Stabilizer

Old 01-08-2019, 12:13 PM
Rockinfigs
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jlalanas
Yeah, I don't think most dual stabilizers (ones that mount on the axle) will fit on a non-lifted/leveled truck. Not enough clearance between the stabilizer and the steering components.
Exactly but FOUNTAIN man doesn't seem to understand that.

Old 01-08-2019, 12:27 PM
F250inPA
Trailering
Originally Posted by daniel044
It would only ruin the warranty on the stock stabilizer. If you went to the dealer they may replace the stock one for you, I would just buy the fox stabilizer and replace it. I have had mine on for over a year and no issues at all. I have about 23k miles on mine as well.
I took your advice.
just ordered it from stage 3.
said they would let me know when it ships

Old 01-08-2019, 12:28 PM
wicked 2018
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by F250inPA
hello everyone.
I have a 2019 250 4x4 platinum diesel.
the only thing that I dislike about my truck is the bump steer over 65 mph.
if I were to change out the steering stabilizer will that give me warranty issues?
if I went to my ford dealer and asked them to address it what do you think would
be there answer?
No issue with warranty - your stabilizer will now be covered by Fox since it will be their stabilizer.
Dealer likely won't do anything unless you have real death wobble - then they would do the TSB fix, although with a 2019 - your truck probably has the "new and improved" factory stabilizer.

Old 01-08-2019, 05:50 PM
FOUNTAIN 1
Elder User
Originally Posted by Rockinfigs
Exactly but FOUNTAIN man doesn't seem to understand that.
fountain man knows dam well . since I have duals on my kelderman lifted duelly , that can be slammed to lower than stock . so answer this mr mouth . how is that possible . as my single wheel kr also lifted, but cant compare that as it not an air ride truck . if you would like to meet somewhere and discuss this further rockman let me know, love to show you first hand !!.that it indeed will fit ..

Old 01-08-2019, 08:33 PM
Rockinfigs
Elder User
Originally Posted by FOUNTAIN 1
fountain man knows dam well . since I have duals on my kelderman lifted duelly , that can be slammed to lower than stock . so answer this mr mouth . how is that possible . as my single wheel kr also lifted, but cant compare that as it not an air ride truck . if you would like to meet somewhere and discuss this further rockman let me know, love to show you first hand !!.that it indeed will fit ..
Relax there internet tough guy..didnt mean to get you all mad..its just a discussion over a stabilizer. The OP does not want duals...hes looking for a stock replacement..we will leave it at that. No hard feelings

Your kelderman system probably replaces every component in the front end making a dual fit even when lowered..But on a straight stock truck a dual system will not fit due to clearance issue.

Old 01-16-2019, 11:00 AM
whitre
Junior User
I installed a new Fox 985-24-001 Steering Stabilizer on my 2017 F250. It made a whole lot of difference!
The Ford put on new steering stabilizer on my pickup and it only lasted 5,000 miles! It was shot with 1/4 inch of play when I took it off! It had so much bump steer that I can’t stand it! I’m so glad I went with Fox!
Ford, are you listening???? I wish Ford put Fox brand steering stabilizer on new pickups as a standard equipment!

Old 01-16-2019, 11:24 AM
Tedorama
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dnhrdng
you can get the King stabilizer for about 250 heavier unit. but I don"t think you will need it unless doing some heavy duty off roading

Go for the KING

Old 01-16-2019, 11:28 AM
whitre
Junior User
Do you like King better than Fox? Last longer?

Old 01-16-2019, 11:37 AM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Rockinfigs
Relax there internet tough guy..didnt mean to get you all mad..its just a discussion over a stabilizer. The OP does not want duals...hes looking for a stock replacement..we will leave it at that. No hard feelings

Your kelderman system probably replaces every component in the front end making a dual fit even when lowered..But on a straight stock truck a dual system will not fit due to clearance issue.
He has no idea what he's talking about. The Kelderman setup uses a completely different sway bar setup, which is why you can raise and lower it so much. You cannot use a dual axle mounted stabilizer on a stock truck. You'll bash that thing off the first speed bump you hit.

Old 01-16-2019, 12:05 PM
Bombero
Mountain Pass
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
fountain man knows dam well ....
You know it’s getting serious when it’s gone third-person references!! 😆😆😆😆

Old 01-16-2019, 07:56 PM
FOUNTAIN 1
Elder User
I guess so ,, lol I guess I must be wrong ,, it doesn't look whole lot different under the two trucks to me lol but im probly mistaken ..

Old 01-16-2019, 08:04 PM
FOUNTAIN 1
Elder User
ya know , more I think about it , I haven't owned a stock truck ever that I can remember , 20 plus new lifted n counting . I vary may be wrong . sorry rockman

Old 01-16-2019, 09:04 PM
Rockinfigs
Elder User
ya know , more I think about it , I haven't owned a stock truck ever that I can remember , 20 plus new lifted n counting . I vary may be wrong . sorry rockman
No hard feelings.. We are all ford family here trying to help each other out.. It's all good 😉

Old 01-17-2019, 11:49 AM
dave91gt
Laughing Gas
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Thought I'd add what others have already confirmed. I just called FOX directly and they verified the 985-24-001 single stabilizer WILL fit 17+ trucks. They are updating their website.
The only caveat is if you receive one with the bump spacer, simply cut it off. It is not needed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fox single steering stabilizer