Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

August 2018 Chat

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 03:00 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
August 2018 Chat

Another new month has begun and hump day is here!
My deductible is higher than the cost of the windshield glass so it looks like I will have to pay for the whole thing out of pocket. That was a 1500.00 dollar mistake I won't forget anytime soon. The cord for the lighting kit arrived yesterday so I will install that this weekend. Now all I need to do is order the brake assist and we should be good to go to pull the Hummer on our trips.

Old 08-01-2018, 05:48 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
That about the going price
did you try this company
https://nationwidervglass.com/?gclid...xoC6uEQAvD_BwE

I would consider lowering your deductible. It will proable happen again. That is alot of surface area to be covered in glass. If it is glued in and the body twist just a little, another windshield. More than likely you did nothing wrong. When it leveled itself may have flexed the body just a little. If it has the gasket then it could pop out. That is fixable

Old 08-01-2018, 08:47 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I just sent them a request for a quote, thanks for the tip! I am going to lower the deductible when it comes renew time. I have less than one payment left then I get a full retirement check, I will have a lot more wriggle room on money then.

Old 08-01-2018, 10:30 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ChiefM
I just sent them a request for a quote, thanks for the tip! I am going to lower the deductible when it comes renew time. I have less than one payment left then I get a full retirement check, I will have a lot more wriggle room on money then.

Old 08-01-2018, 06:21 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Nation wise rv glass was all over it. Called me in less than 30 minuets, had me a quote and ended up being a little over 1500. I am waiting to hear back on the shop to take it too and when. Figure it will be a week or two but glad to have that taken care of. Thanks for the tip Hugh!

Old 08-01-2018, 06:28 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
I know from experience about tge twist. When he had our last one I screwed up and tried to turn in the driveway from the North. Everything was going good till the rt rear tires decided to jump in the ditch vs staying on the driveway. The left front was off the ground. After that coukd not keep the corner of the windshield in the gasket.

Old 08-02-2018, 03:10 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I hope it is just a one time deal and not going to be an ongoing problem. I asked the wife the other day, do you just want to get a hotel room instead of fixing it right now? She said we could but said she would rather we get it fixed and take the motorhome. I was a little shocked but she knows I was excited about taking it to the beach and I know she wants us to go camping in the mountains when the leaves start to change colors.

Got beaten out for top tech by 2% again for last month, still getting a nice bonus.

Old 08-02-2018, 06:13 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
I hope it is just a one time deal and not going to be an ongoing problem. I asked the wife the other day, do you just want to get a hotel room instead of fixing it right now? She said we could but said she would rather we get it fixed and take the motorhome. I was a little shocked but she knows I was excited about taking it to the beach and I know she wants us to go camping in the mountains when the leaves start to change colors.

Got beaten out for top tech by 2% again for last month, still getting a nice bonus.
is everybody's productively up? If so maybe the boss chewing them out for complaing about you worked

Old 08-02-2018, 11:03 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Everybody in the shop is up. Ordered the fuel filters and the coolant filter off Amazon this morning, cheaper to get the oil filter thru work. Now I just need a new engine belt and that should finish up the main engine tune up. Installing the new belt and keeping the old one as a back up for now.

Old 08-02-2018, 11:31 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Everybody in the shop is up. Ordered the fuel filters and the coolant filter off Amazon this morning, cheaper to get the oil filter thru work. Now I just need a new engine belt and that should finish up the main engine tune up. Installing the new belt and keeping the old one as a back up for now.
throw it , an extra fuel filter a gallon of fuel, a gallon of oil, extra fuses, some wire, wire ties, rags in a bay as your emergency kit.
May have found a used sawmill in Pell City

Glad everybody is up in shop, may get you nothing or the may do a lunch for yall.

Old 08-03-2018, 11:55 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Wife didn't go to her sleep study because of all the flooding but I had already had taken the day off so I am home today. Bought a 49cc scooter to put on a rack behind the hummer to scoot around the camp grounds. Heading out to go pick it up in a little bit. Still trying to get a replacement arm for my quick shade and waiting to hear back again from the glass place on the windshield replacement.

Old 08-03-2018, 11:57 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
The make hitches that will let you carry it on the hitch even towing the hummer

it maybe easier and cheaper to get a scooter carrier for the Hummer

Old 08-04-2018, 06:31 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Scooter carrier rack, heavy duty scooter lock and tie down straps are arriving on Wednesday. I may have to extend the tongue of the rack so the scooter doesn't hit the spare tire. I had to rewire the wires coming out from the motorhome because a previous owner put a combiner for the brake and turn signals and it was not working right. I had to take it out and put it back to the original factory configuration. Since I had to convert the wiring back I need 2 more diodes to finish the install and I have them on order. I got the front plug in wired up and the wires run from the front of the hummer to the tail lights. It started to sprinkle so i called it a day.

Old 08-04-2018, 06:45 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
You and I talked about the wiring we found the modified diagram somewhere in your manuals.

You can get the extension at walmart or TSC it slides into the receiver then tge carrier slides into it. Had to use one on the Liberty.
Went out to land today did 250 hr on tractor , fixed box blade. Went up to the store got back my neighbor had the tractor at his place doing the county's job. (he has a key). When he got done we hooked up the bushhog. It not cutting . Everything is turning but blades are slow. So instead of bush hogging got 6 logs on my make shift log deck. Left about 130 just too hot. My friend/helper was suppose to go with me. Called him 3 times between 7 and 730. When he called me at 10 ask why I did not pick him up. From now on if he is going with me he will just spend the night over here.

Old 08-04-2018, 08:43 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I have the manual but what the book says the way it was wired and what was coming out the receptacle was totally different. It is going down from 8 wires to 7 and then the malfunctioning converter really had me scratching my head for a little bit. Everything is wired correctly from the coach now and thru the wiring harness running to the back of the hummer. Tomorrow morning I will install 4 of the 6 diodes and then do the other 2 when they come in. New filters will be delivered on Monday. Still need to buy an oil filter from work since it's cheaper than buying thru amazon,I also need to get 8 gallons of oil and a new serpentine belt.

Quick Reply: August 2018 Chat