Notices
1966 - 1977 Early Broncos  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1970 Bronco

Old 10-23-2018, 12:22 AM
grinnergetter
Postmaster
grinnergetter has a good reputation on FTE.grinnergetter has a good reputation on FTE.
Finally got my e brake lines. Assembled the rears and walla, it appears the rubber lines at the MC have finally collapsed! Can's seem to bleed the rears and that's the only original part left.

I picked up a alum fan shroud from WH 4x4....it does NOT work with a 1" body lift. I don't care what their website says...aint happening. So welded some flat bar to the top and bottom of the radiator with a few studs and that prob is solved.

Made this bracket to replace a broken mount for exhaust and also add some support for the e brake passenger side.

Couldn't bring myself to drop 40 on a fancy new clutch rod for that 1" body lift so made my own. Drilled the clutch linkage to 1/2 and used a bronze bushing inbetween the yolk for the pin to ride on. Cut off one end that had been welded before at some point and put a fine thread on a few inches of what was left.

I'm gonna have to break down and buy the soft lines for the brakes and a new rear DS and then I can finally move on from this chapter. Onward!!!

Old 10-23-2018, 12:54 AM
Tim Young
Post Fiend
Tim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputation
Cool, Nice looking bracket.

Old 11-26-2018, 10:17 PM
grinnergetter
Postmaster
grinnergetter has a good reputation on FTE.grinnergetter has a good reputation on FTE.
K, Woods rear D shaft is in there and it is finally resting on the tires once again. Wouldn't start....aaaw sheet. Ditched some old fuel line and reworked the routing a bit and fired right up.

Ya know I got a new Ididit column sitting the basement for the CC. Wonder if it will fit....YUP! With modification of course.

Finding center so column is clocked correctly.

So long 78-79 bracket

Stolen bracket from original column and welded back on new column.

The wiring harness plug for column is really, really short so this will have to do. Kinda hate to have another joint but for now it's going to have to do.

Old 11-27-2018, 09:53 AM
chrlsful
Postmaster
chrlsful has a good reputation on FTE.chrlsful has a good reputation on FTE.chrlsful has a good reputation on FTE.
looks a lill like what I did w/my '78 tilt to put it in the bronk. In order to get under some of the really low branches I flip dwn the windshield and now, s. wheel & highest point of the rig is the body (oe style seats too). I used this 1 as the ign key's still on the dash. Thnk 4 da pic!