Notices
1966 - 1977 Early Broncos  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1970 Bronco

Old 07-02-2018, 12:06 PM
McLeod
Posting Guru
McLeod has a good reputation on FTE.McLeod has a good reputation on FTE.
My favorite addition to mine would have to be the James Duff hood props.
Unlatch the hood and simply let go - watch the hood raise all by itself and stay there.

Old 07-02-2018, 11:06 PM
grinnergetter
Postmaster
grinnergetter has a good reputation on FTE.grinnergetter has a good reputation on FTE.
That hood is a heavy beast isn't it. I'll check those props out. Just stealing from myself...no worries.

Wish Duff did a stock suspension package. There pretty close so shipping wouldn't be too bad. I'll have to give them a call and see if they have them.

Old 07-03-2018, 07:58 AM
chrlsful
Postmaster
chrlsful has a good reputation on FTE.chrlsful has a good reputation on FTE.chrlsful has a good reputation on FTE.
Jeff's (BGY) is close (in MI), 1 of the oldest & founder of the premiere EB web site (CB). Not sure what U mean by props but JBGY probably has (2)gas shocks for(either side of) ur hood. I like the glass idea - avoids the whole weight issue.

In fact a whole glass nose would B the way to go 4 an off rder as they bounce back frm most the stuff that requires alota hammerin'n reformin after manya trail run.

I believe Duffs does have packages - at least 4 (Stage I, Stage II etc for more lift & articulation...) The 1st is OEM.

Last edited by chrlsful; 07-03-2018 at 08:07 AM. Reason: spellin
Old 07-03-2018, 09:16 AM
McLeod
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by chrlsful View Post
Not sure what U mean by props
Should have said "struts"
https://www.dufftuff.com/Hood_Struts...nco_p/4950.htm

and it looks like they have stock coils but no stock "kits"
https://www.dufftuff.com/1966_77_Ear...ing_p/5103.htm

Everybody here seems to say "go check out CB- the best site around"
and then complains that it is so lonely here.

Old 07-03-2018, 12:07 PM
chrlsful
Postmaster
chrlsful has a good reputation on FTE.chrlsful has a good reputation on FTE.chrlsful has a good reputation on FTE.
"...CB..."
my prob usta B they had big egos & would beat ya up a bit. That ended (may B w/good admin support?)
Now it seems lill to no self monitoring - folks will pipe in on something they really have no expertise on - givin wrong, incorrect & in some cases harmful info.

I guess it's like everything else - B careful.
I stick where it wrks 4 me (ford6).

Haven't been to Duff's in a decade since the Wash state move - time to take a peek...back later!
yep, no stock oem kit. I guess since that's something most do as maintainence they get piece by piece?

Last edited by chrlsful; 07-03-2018 at 12:15 PM. Reason: answ some1s Q
Old 07-03-2018, 02:25 PM
grinnergetter
Postmaster
grinnergetter has a good reputation on FTE.grinnergetter has a good reputation on FTE.
Called Duff today. 4 weeks to put something together. I've purchases plenty from JBG, just not enamored with the quality of parts. Think I'm going to use WH 4x4 stock suspension kit and BCB disc kit......I think.

Spent 2 hours power washing 50 years of Wyoming dirt and grime off the bottom side today. Figured it's 90+ degrees here so might as well get something done and keep a steady stream of water pouring on top of me. Damn this little 302 wants to run. Thing starts amazing for the mileage. Has 160+ on the odometer. Ford Tough!

Old 07-03-2018, 09:01 PM
chrlsful
Postmaster
"...BCB disc kit..."
Chuck taught me how ta use the elderado calapers, CJ rotors, & race car clips to hang em in the rear B4 they moved to TX (decade ago?). Needed e-brake back there and sompin that didn't keep collectin the swamp water, dust, etc. Lot less pricie than any 1s kit (& that's just what he uses).
I imagine if ur importin the bronk all that way there's some goodies on this rig!

We're sufferin here too, supposed to break this wkend -
Hey guys! Do what U can - make sure ur exhaust is clean, anything else. Don't add to the problem SOME R just noticin now...

Plez ck ALL the vendors U can Duff, TBP, WH, JBGY, BCB (well, stay away frm bronco hut or whatever's in Castle Rock) etc, etc.

Old 07-03-2018, 11:09 PM
McLeod
Posting Guru
Hey guys! Do what U can - make sure ur exhaust is clean, anything else. Don't add to the problem SOME R just noticin now...
What does this mean?

Plez ck ALL the vendors U can Duff, TBP, WH, JBGY, BCB (well, stay away frm bronco hut or whatever's in Castle Rock) etc, etc.
Did you have a bad experience with Bronco Hut?

Old 07-04-2018, 09:36 AM
grinnergetter
Postmaster
BC Bronos disc swap include new knuckles and ball joints.

Old 07-08-2018, 09:22 PM
grinnergetter
Postmaster
So, I really don't want to jinx myself but.....the bolts on this bronc come off...……..sooooo easy......it's freakin absurd.

Got new door glass, latches etc installed, both seats are in now. WH stock suspension is on the way. I loosened all the leaf spring bolts today so it's ready. Not even one was rusted to the sleeves. I didn't even need a Sawzall or a torch.....weird.

Old 07-08-2018, 10:44 PM
McLeod
Posting Guru
Nice seats.
If you are tall you will undoubtedly have contact with the roll bar.

I have to slouch to keep from hitting mine

Old 07-11-2018, 02:43 PM
77&79F250
Used OEM parts guy
77&79F250 has a spectacular reputation.77&79F250 has a spectacular reputation.77&79F250 has a spectacular reputation.77&79F250 has a spectacular reputation.77&79F250 has a spectacular reputation.77&79F250 has a spectacular reputation.77&79F250 has a spectacular reputation.77&79F250 has a spectacular reputation.77&79F250 has a spectacular reputation.77&79F250 has a spectacular reputation.77&79F250 has a spectacular reputation.
Thanks for the passenger seat mount bracket idea...

Old 07-13-2018, 09:24 PM
grinnergetter
Postmaster
Rich, uses the two original holes on what would be your left side while seated. I'll take a pic this weekend.

Old 07-16-2018, 09:21 PM
grinnergetter
Postmaster
Nothin special here.

Old 07-16-2018, 09:32 PM
grinnergetter
Postmaster
Back end suspension went with ease. Front...not so much. I figure it's been 25 years since I worked on a 44. Having me a bunch of ahaa's the past few days.
Good thing is I'm gonna have to have some more tools. Wooohooo!

Gained an inch from this.

This is one of those..."while I'm here" moments.

I just can't bring myself to put many parts back on without a trip through the blast cabinet and paint booth.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.