Shut Down No Start - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Shut Down No Start

Old 05-24-2018, 06:14 PM
Tideman
Posting Guru
Tideman has a very good reputation on FTE.Tideman has a very good reputation on FTE.Tideman has a very good reputation on FTE.Tideman has a very good reputation on FTE.
Shut Down No Start

Drove truck 100 miles and drove great. Shut it off and went to crank it two hours later. Cranked great drove 2 blocks and it shot off. Got it towed back to house and here are the codes.

Old 05-24-2018, 06:18 PM
Tideman
Posting Guru
Tideman has a very good reputation on FTE.Tideman has a very good reputation on FTE.Tideman has a very good reputation on FTE.Tideman has a very good reputation on FTE.
Here is 1st cranking. It does have have Sync. I turned the key lose to do screen capture.

Old 05-24-2018, 06:18 PM
bismic
Post Fiend
bismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputation
How does the fan clutch connector and wiring look?

Old 05-24-2018, 06:19 PM
Tideman
Posting Guru
Here is cranking with ICP unplugged.

Old 05-24-2018, 06:21 PM
Tideman
Posting Guru
Mark that all looks good. I do have some bare wires a the IAT? Sensor. I separated them and no crank still.

Old 05-24-2018, 07:35 PM
bismic
Post Fiend
bismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputation
Have you disconnected the fan clutch and then tried to start?

Old 05-24-2018, 07:36 PM
Tideman
Posting Guru
Will go out and try that now

Old 05-24-2018, 07:44 PM
Tideman
Posting Guru
Nothing. Same thing.No crank. I don’t have a internet connection where my truck is sitting and don’t do taptalk so it takes me a minute to check things. I use a iPad

Old 05-24-2018, 07:53 PM
bismic
Post Fiend
The combination of the P0528 and P0480 is very typical of the fan chewing up the harness. Unfortunately not in this case.

I can't recall, is your EGR system still intact? If so, you have a bad EGR valve. You should try w/ the EGR valve unplugged AND w/ the fan unplugged.

How are your cranking voltages and cranking rpms?

Old 05-24-2018, 07:57 PM
Tideman
Posting Guru
On this truck I still have EGR. Cranking rpm 174/175. Volts 11 during cranking. Spins well no drag.

I’ll unplug EGR.

Old 05-24-2018, 08:03 PM
Tideman
Posting Guru
Didn’t help with EGR and fan unplugged.

Old 05-24-2018, 08:03 PM
bismic
Post Fiend
Well, so much for the easy stuff.

Lets look at the sync values, FICM voltages, and HPOP numbers.

Oh, add in vreference voltage also

Old 05-24-2018, 08:07 PM
bismic
Post Fiend
Check fuse f2-22 also

Old 05-24-2018, 08:11 PM
Tideman
Posting Guru
Is that 22 under the dash? Engine control.

Old 05-24-2018, 08:15 PM
bismic
Post Fiend
Yes. that is the meaning of F2 as I understand it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Shut Down No Start

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.