Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

*** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2021, 06:14 PM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
I remember asking myself this question a couple of years ago. I'd say I put about 1/8" bead on both the head and the plenum. I just torqued them gut 'n tite. So far, so good.

Old 07-25-2021, 06:45 AM
RacinJasonWV
Lead Driver
Received 1,693 Likes on 1,187 Posts
Thanks guys. I ended up getting distracted on another project yesterday so plenum hasn’t been removed yet. Hopefully soon.

Old 07-25-2021, 07:30 AM
Wes444
Logistics Pro
Received 1,181 Likes on 669 Posts
It's a hot one today. 96⁰ for the high, heat index of 108⁰
I wish I were outside in it, but I'm here at work where it's another 10degrees hotter and 95% humidity

Y'all have a good Sunday

Old 07-25-2021, 07:40 AM
Dan V
Lead Driver
Received 609 Likes on 396 Posts
Nice cool morning to finish installing the backyard sprinkler system.

Old 07-25-2021, 08:03 AM
FordTruckNoob
Identifies as He/Him/Noob
Received 3,030 Likes on 2,000 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan V
Nice cool morning to finish installing the backyard sprinkler system.

Is that hose puller rented or owned?

Old 07-25-2021, 10:55 AM
Dan V
Lead Driver
Received 609 Likes on 396 Posts
Originally Posted by FordTruckNoob
Is that hose puller rented or owned?
I bought it in 1988 when I was doing some landscaping. It had a Wisconsin engine that kept losing the valve seats. I re-powered it with the Onan.

I sold my irrigation business to a good friend in probably 2000. I put the mooch on it 3 years ago. He told me that when I was done with it, to sell it.

Old 07-26-2021, 07:34 AM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
Received 1,520 Likes on 981 Posts
Morning guys!

Been a rough couple days but doing good.
My sons birthday was 7/24 and we did make it to a planned water park trip in South GA Saturday & Sunday. Kids had a blast, Me and the Wife drank some beer and ate some tolerable food so it wasn't bad.

My Dad lost his battle with Pancreatic cancer Friday 7/23 at 8am. My wife & kids & I were able to spend ALOT quality of time with him up until his final days and made it there to be with him, sister & Mom Thursday evening for the last hours. He was able to maintain a good quality of life right up until nearly the end and I'm thankful the suffering was minimal. He made quite the impact on me and a lot of people through his 74 years.

It wont be in the paper or on social media etc.. so I guess I felt the need to share it here.
I killed this deer last November in a box stand with him and it made his day to get to see the mount a couple weeks ago when I visited. I made sure to get it put up and send a picture to him last week before he passed. The shelves pictures here are filled with family mementos from my wife & I's grandparents tackles boxes, bibles etc.

We will be making BLT's for lunch today with a green tomato he picked from his garden about 2 weeks ago that has turned a beautiful red. He said it was the perfect tomato

Carry on Lets have a good week!

The following 5 users liked this post by KubotaOrange76:
Old 07-26-2021, 07:54 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 377 Likes on 269 Posts
Originally Posted by KubotaOrange76
Morning guys!

My sons birthday was 7/24 and we did make it to a planned water park trip in South GA Saturday & Sunday. Kids had a blast, Me and the Wife drank some beer and ate some tolerable food so it wasn't bad.

My Dad lost his battle with Pancreatic cancer Friday 7/23 at 8am. My wife & kids & I were able to spend ALOT quality of time with him up until his final days and made it there to be with him, sister & Mom Thursday evening for the last hours. He was able to maintain a good quality of life right up until nearly the end and I'm thankful the suffering was minimal. He made quite the impact on me and a lot of people through his 74 years.

It wont be in the paper or on social media etc.. so I guess I felt the need to share it here.
I killed this deer last November in a box stand with him and it made his day to get to see the mount a couple weeks ago when I visited. I made sure to get it put up and send a picture to him last week before he passed. The shelves pictures here are filled with family mementos from my wife & I's grandparents tackles boxes, bibles etc.

We will be making BLT's for lunch today with a green tomato he picked from his garden about 2 weeks ago that has turned a beautiful red. He said it was the perfect tomato

Hey brother. I hate to read this on this Monday morning. The great thing is that he left behind a good man to take after the good job he did with you. Peace in a painful time.

The following users liked this post:
Old 07-26-2021, 07:56 AM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 2,041 Likes on 1,209 Posts
Sorry to hear about your Dad Chris. I glad y’all got to spend time with him like that and that he was comfortable as long as he was. Too cool about the perfect tomato and nice mount for a great memory! My father has been gone 15yrs now....

We are finally suffering from the heat here in the GA mountains. Highs in the upper 80’s and high Rh finally made us fire up the AC in the house... I have proposed we start taking the boat to the lake after the GF gets off work every day until it cools down again. Met up with several old friends out on the lake in the last few weeks and now have a few surf boats we can get behind for an endless wave to surf on and they all have people who want to learn to hydrofoil (Sky Ski). We have family reunion this week and will be camping with 50ish relatives at Vogel until next Sunday.

I ALMOST got my dually back together doing axle swappin’ on Saturday and the damn pinion flange is different, so my old u-joint won’t fit the ‘new’ axle. Ordered a new pinion seal and hoping I can just swap the flanges out and be back in business. @Y2KW57 might know if this will work????

The following 2 users liked this post by SkySkiJason:
Old 07-26-2021, 08:41 AM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Received 119 Likes on 84 Posts
Morning guys!

Hey Chris, sorry to hear about your dad. Sounds like you made some good memories with him, great buck and the Mount looks awesome!

Old 07-26-2021, 09:07 AM
RacinJasonWV
Lead Driver
Received 1,693 Likes on 1,187 Posts
Chris, so sorry to hear about your dad. Love the shelving idea. Looks really nice.

The following 2 users liked this post by RacinJasonWV:
Old 07-26-2021, 09:30 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,584 Likes on 2,907 Posts
Chris, as I told you via text when your father passed, if there is ANYTHING Kate and I or any of the other GA FTE'rs can do to help out, do not hesitate to let us know. We will drop what we are doing and head your way as fast as possible.

Your father is at peace now and from our past conversations and sharing stories of your dad over the past year or so, I know he was a good man.

I meant what I said to you via text on 7/24.

Chris, we are looking forward to seeing you and your family next weekend.

Old 07-26-2021, 09:40 AM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
Received 1,520 Likes on 981 Posts
Originally Posted by BBslider001
Hey brother. I hate to read this on this Monday morning. The great thing is that he left behind a good man to take after the good job he did with you. Peace in a painful time.
Thx for the kind words

Originally Posted by SkySkiJason
Sorry to hear about your Dad Chris. I glad y’all got to spend time with him like that and that he was comfortable as long as he was. Too cool about the perfect tomato and nice mount for a great memory! My father has been gone 15yrs now....

We are finally suffering from the heat here in the GA mountains. Highs in the upper 80’s and high Rh finally made us fire up the AC in the house... I have proposed we start taking the boat to the lake after the GF gets off work every day until it cools down again. Met up with several old friends out on the lake in the last few weeks and now have a few surf boats we can get behind for an endless wave to surf on and they all have people who want to learn to hydrofoil (Sky Ski). We have family reunion this week and will be camping with 50ish relatives at Vogel until next Sunday.

I ALMOST got my dually back together doing axle swappin’ on Saturday and the damn pinion flange is different, so my old u-joint won’t fit the ‘new’ axle. Ordered a new pinion seal and hoping I can just swap the flanges out and be back in business. @Y2KW57 might know if this will work????
Thanks Jason. Dude it was miserable in south ga this past weekend, Bring on the north ga winter!!! Let me know if you need any help

Originally Posted by Colorado350
Hey Chris, sorry to hear about your dad. Sounds like you made some good memories with him, great buck and the Mount looks awesome!
We sure did, i consider myself lucky. Thank you

Originally Posted by RacinJasonWV
Chris, so sorry to hear about your dad. Love the shelving idea. Looks really nice.
Thank you, and shelving credit goes to wife, she much more colorful than me. I guess should also add my FIL made the Mantle. kind of a cool wall imo

Originally Posted by Sous
Chris, as I told you via text when your father passed, if there is ANYTHING Kate and I or any of the other GA FTE'rs can do to help out, do not hesitate to let us know. We will drop what we are doing and head your way as fast as possible.

Your father is at peace now and from our past conversations and sharing stories of your dad over the past year or so, I know he was a good man.

I meant what I said to you via text on 7/24.

Chris, we are looking forward to seeing you and your family next weekend.
Thank you again Sous, look forward to seeing yall!

Damn guys, I wasnt expecting all that.. We appreciate the thoughts and kind words.

I hope these BLT's rival the likes of yours Sous...

The following 3 users liked this post by KubotaOrange76:
Old 07-26-2021, 09:57 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,584 Likes on 2,907 Posts
Thank you again Sous, look forward to seeing yall!

Damn guys, I wasnt expecting all that.. We appreciate the thoughts and kind words.
Chris, that is what true friends are for. Be there during the good times and the bad times. Be there when things are tough or when things are easy... We are here and we are not going anywhere! Call if you need to chat, BS, yell at someone, talk about the new to you RV, mini-bikes, whatever...

It is never too late or too early to call or text, remember that. Just keep the water away from your new laptop!

Too soon? nope...

I hope these BLT's rival the likes of yours Sous...
I had a BLT Saturday morning when the girls (Dana was visiting from Parris Island) made some eggs and bacon for breakfast. DELICIOUS!!!

Thanks Jason. Dude it was miserable in south ga this past weekend, Bring on the north ga winter!!! Let me know if you need any help.
We are headed down to Pensacola in the next couple of weeks to visit a family member that is working for the state park system before she leaves on 1 September. The visit and time together should be great, but not looking forward to the weather at all. I generally avoid FL except in the winter time and even then it is for short periods of time.

Good to hear you guys had a good time with the kiddos.

Old 07-26-2021, 10:28 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
Sorry for your loss, Chris. May he Rest in Peace.

The following 2 users liked this post by Walleye Hunter:

Quick Reply: *** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***