2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Carli Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 09:11 AM
JCU Delt Ox
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jnuechte
Do you have experience with this? I really want the full deavers for ride, but I also don't want to have to use a weight distribution hitch or bags when towing our airstream with around 800lbs tongue weight. You say minimal sag with 1000lbs tongue weight. The full deavers put a bit of rake back on the truck, does 1000lbs tongue weight squat it back to level, or below level?
For what it's worth, guys at my shop would laugh at how much squat my 12' F350 had with the Carli 2.5" Backcountry and Full Deavers with just a quad in the bed. That's maybe 500-600lbs and distributed over the axle. I could not handle the squat and got airbags right away.

Old 10-06-2017, 09:19 AM
jnuechte
Tuned
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Anyone have a picture of the squat from the side with full deavers and the approximate tongue weight that is on it in the pic?

Old 10-06-2017, 09:23 AM
jnuechte
Tuned
Originally Posted by JCU Delt Ox
For what it's worth, guys at my shop would laugh at how much squat my 12' F350 had with the Carli 2.5" Backcountry and Full Deavers with just a quad in the bed. That's maybe 500-600lbs and distributed over the axle. I could not handle the squat and got airbags right away.
How did you install the airbags? The full deavers removes the block which provides the mount for the airbags. I have heard its kinda cobble job to get bags on with a lift and full deavers...??

Old 10-06-2017, 11:02 AM
JCU Delt Ox
Junior User
Airlift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate w/ internal jounce bumper and Daystar cradles. It's actually pretty intuitive on putting it together.

Old 10-06-2017, 12:14 PM
jnuechte
Tuned
Originally Posted by JCU Delt Ox
Airlift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate w/ internal jounce bumper and Daystar cradles. It's actually pretty intuitive on putting it together.
Daystar cradles look to be warned against...

https://www.truckspring.com/blog/pos...e-air-bag-kits

Old 10-13-2017, 05:02 PM
3baddogs
Freshman User
Finally!

Carli 2.5 pin top, radius arms, track bar and 37x12.5/20 on TR sim beadlocks.

Amp steps, painted bumpers and I'm done!

Old 10-13-2017, 06:05 PM
tw450
Junior User
Originally Posted by 3baddogs
Carli 2.5 pin top, radius arms, track bar and 37x12.5/20 on TR sim beadlocks.

Amp steps, painted bumpers and I'm done!

Looks great!! What bs did you go with on the TR's?

Old 10-13-2017, 11:11 PM
3baddogs
Freshman User
Originally Posted by tw450
Looks great!! What bs did you go with on the TR's?

Thanks TW. Backpacking is 5".

Old 10-14-2017, 12:01 PM
17PSD
Freshman User
2.5 pintop

I installed my 2.5 kit with mini packs and Kings last weekend. Went together pretty well and I am pleased so far. The parts really are top quality for sure. The only thing I would ask for is some better instructions. The individual parts have good instructions but you are left to figure out the phasing of which parts go on when. Also having some extra help would be good. It took me the better part of two full days completely by myself.

Haven't put it through its paces other than a a few dirt roads. Definitely changed the characteristics of this truck.

One shock did show up with a lose reservoir hose so I had to disassemble the shock and re fill with the right amount of oil. King was good about it and sent the oil overnight with fairly detailed instructions. Taking the shocks apart made me realize why these things are so expensive. They are some serious gear.

Attached Images  
Old 10-14-2017, 12:36 PM
tw450
Junior User
Cool thank you sir! I have a set on order right now

Great looking truck 17psd!

Old 10-14-2017, 02:17 PM
jnuechte
Tuned
Originally Posted by 17PSD
I installed my 2.5 kit with mini packs and Kings last weekend. Went together pretty well and I am pleased so far. The parts really are top quality for sure. The only thing I would ask for is some better instructions. The individual parts have good instructions but you are left to figure out the phasing of which parts go on when. Also having some extra help would be good. It took me the better part of two full days completely by myself.

Haven't put it through its paces other than a a few dirt roads. Definitely changed the characteristics of this truck.

One shock did show up with a lose reservoir hose so I had to disassemble the shock and re fill with the right amount of oil. King was good about it and sent the oil overnight with fairly detailed instructions. Taking the shocks apart made me realize why these things are so expensive. They are some serious gear.
What are people using to torque the leaf spring hanger bolt, and trackbar bolts to 400 ft-lbs?

Old 10-14-2017, 02:52 PM
17PSD
Freshman User
Originally Posted by jnuechte
What are people using to torque the leaf spring hanger bolt, and trackbar bolts to 400 ft-lbs?
Mine was just the mini pack so I didn't have to mess with the leaf spring hanger.

I have a large torque wrench that I used for the trackbar. the trickiest part was probably the jamb nut on the trackbar and keeping everything square and tightening before the red loctite sets. That was a bit of a rodeo.

Old 10-16-2017, 09:18 AM
kylant
Fleet Mechanic
Received 108 Likes on 90 Posts
...the trickiest part was probably the jamb nut on the trackbar and keeping everything square and tightening before the red loctite sets. That was a bit of a rodeo.
that's fun isn't it
i had to do mine twice. the carli measurement on my truck had the axle 5/8" further to the passenger side. I adjusted it as short as I could, and the axle is still pushed to the passenger side, but it is better.

what did you do with the rear besides the add-a-pack? did you get a shorter block? what about the top overload leaf? I have a 350 as well and have been debating getting the leafs

thanks

Old 10-16-2017, 09:50 AM
17PSD
Freshman User
Originally Posted by kylant
that's fun isn't it
i had to do mine twice. the carli measurement on my truck had the axle 5/8" further to the passenger side. I adjusted it as short as I could, and the axle is still pushed to the passenger side, but it is better.

what did you do with the rear besides the add-a-pack? did you get a shorter block? what about the top overload leaf? I have a 350 as well and have been debating getting the leafs

thanks
With the mini pack in the rear you eliminate the factory block which I like. I ditched the top overload as well. They only include u bolts that are long enough for that configuration. If u want the top overloads to stay you have to get your own u bolts.

I dont think this will be a problem. I towed my small backhoe and it didn’t seem to squat much more.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:09 AM
kylant
Fleet Mechanic
Received 108 Likes on 90 Posts
With the mini pack in the rear you eliminate the factory block which I like. I ditched the top overload as well. They only include u bolts that are long enough for that configuration. If u want the top overloads to stay you have to get your own u bolts.

I dont think this will be a problem. I towed my small backhoe and it didn’t seem to squat much more.
you removed the block?
I thought the instructions called for swapping to the 2" block??

EDIT: I just saw Carli updated the instructions for the '17 and the blocks are removed

Quick Reply: Carli Suspension