2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Carli Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 12:33 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by OR2BAJA
Lookin good. I dig the foxes
Just gotta get the right coil springs in and I'll be set.

Old 06-08-2017, 02:50 PM
kylant
Fleet Mechanic
Received 108 Likes on 90 Posts
Originally Posted by Tricon
Carli

Old 06-08-2017, 02:55 PM
Tex68w
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I too wasn't sure about dropping the Carli coin but after riding in a few trucks equipped with their kits I was sold. I just wish they had the adjustable track bar out and preferably the 4.5" kit.

Old 06-08-2017, 03:03 PM
FmaxTurboSi
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Are your fox shocks designed for 2.5" lift?

I actually wanna do a carli 2.5" spring with a 1" spacer at the bottom. Just want a little bit more clearance cuz I'm running 325/50r22 on 22x12 with 4.5" backspacing.

Old 06-08-2017, 03:06 PM
OR2BAJA
Senior User
Back in the day Fox did not want to play ball with requirements Carli put forth to fit shocks on the dodge's. I personally feel that it was a poor move on Fox's part considering the shear mass of product that Carli moves. There were definitely some pros that fox had over the kings.

Old 06-08-2017, 03:10 PM
FmaxTurboSi
Senior User
Originally Posted by Tex68w
I too wasn't sure about dropping the Carli coin but after riding in a few trucks equipped with their kits I was sold. I just wish they had the adjustable track bar out and preferably the 4.5" kit.
I went and looked at the carli super duty today with the 4.5" pintop kit and it looks beefy!!! Everything looks like it can take a beating and some. The track bar, radius arms, and radius drop brackets look great.

Didn't get to take any hot laps today because they were short staffed. But they recommend I come back to take it for a spin. I'll def be going back soon.

Old 06-08-2017, 03:13 PM
FmaxTurboSi
Senior User
who's the member with the red carli springs????

he had pics posted on the deleted thread. Need to get into contact with him.

Old 06-08-2017, 03:13 PM
OR2BAJA
Senior User
Originally Posted by FmaxTurboSi
Are your fox shocks designed for 2.5" lift?

I actually wanna do a carli 2.5" spring with a 1" spacer at the bottom. Just want a little bit more clearance cuz I'm running 325/50r22 on 22x12 with 4.5" backspacing.
Would the 4.5 be a better option for you vs running a spacer?

Old 06-08-2017, 03:22 PM
Tex68w
Tuned
I went and looked at the carli super duty today with the 4.5" pintop kit and it looks beefy!!! Everything looks like it can take a beating and some. The track bar, radius arms, and radius drop brackets look great.

Didn't get to take any hot laps today because they were short staffed. But they recommend I come back to take it for a spin. I'll def be going back soon.
So would you suggest that I wait for the 4.5" kit to hit the streets? I was told by Carli that it wouldn't be available until late 2017 and like all things I expect that date to be pushed back rather than being pushed up or met. I want to do this once and be done but I also want to get the truck up and running on 37's and get rid of this nasty factory rake.

Old 06-08-2017, 03:24 PM
FmaxTurboSi
Senior User
Would the 4.5 be a better option for you vs running a spacer?
I've thought about it........but 4.5" will be too tall for my tire size. I really don't even wanna do 3.5" to be honest, but I don't wanna rub either

That's why I need to get in contact with the guy that has the red 2.5" Carli Springs installed. I wanted to get his fender measurements to do some comparing.

Old 06-08-2017, 03:24 PM
OR2BAJA
Senior User
Do you have a super dished out wheel?

Old 06-08-2017, 03:30 PM
FmaxTurboSi
Senior User
Originally Posted by Tex68w
So would you suggest that I wait for the 4.5" kit to hit the streets? I was told by Carli that it wouldn't be available until late 2017 and like all things I expect that date to be pushed back rather than being pushed up or met. I want to do this once and be done but I also want to get the truck up and running on 37's and get rid of this nasty factory rake.
If money wasn't an option, and I was going to run 37's, I'd def consider the 4.5" kit as a top pick. I'll def get back to you guys once I test drive this thing. The guy at Carli strongly suggested I experience it for myself.

Old 06-08-2017, 03:34 PM
FmaxTurboSi
Senior User
Do you have a super dished out wheel?
22x12, 4.5" back spacing. American Force Peak Concave.

Old 06-08-2017, 04:24 PM
Tex68w
Tuned
If money wasn't an option, and I was going to run 37's, I'd def consider the 4.5" kit as a top pick. I'll def get back to you guys once I test drive this thing. The guy at Carli strongly suggested I experience it for myself.
I'll wait to hear back on your report. I would like to wait but I am not sure I have the patience lol. I know the kit will be at least $1300 more due to the necessary radius arms that will be included.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:13 PM
MagicMtnDan
Laughing Gas
Received 140 Likes on 86 Posts
My lift will end up being all of the Carli stuff, but with Fox Factory Edition 2.5s in the front and 2.0 Reservoirs with compression adjusters in the rear. I have custom valving, but it was pretty close with the OEM F250 valving from Fox.

A good place to order them is Accutune Off-road. Ryan there will take care of you, he sells the shocks with 2 free valving jobs, so if you don't like the initial valving they calculate you can send in your valve stack and get a completely reworked one for free. They will have you weigh the front and rear axles of your truck and work out the optimal valving from that. It's about $1700 for the setup I have, that includes all the labor, valving, shocks and bushings. That's pretty much how much they cost without custom valving.

The difference in the ride puts a smile on my face every time I drive, don't know how to better explain it. I hit some man hole covers in a down hill, sweeping left turn on my way to work every day. I used to avoid them because my rear end would hop and shudder and the steering wheel would shimmy left and right. Now I hit them and almost don't even register anything was there. Really inspires confidence. Off-road is a hilarious difference. Not even the same playing field. Super happy with this setup so far. 👍

And the beasts themselves:

Thanks for posting your plans for your "Franken-lift" (not a criticism). I think it's cool that you're going to build your own lift and I hope it will work out for you but it's not the path I want to take.

I am a fan of saving money and I applaud you for doing it. That said, I think it would've been cooler if you posted this in a thread other than the "Carli Suspension" thread.

In any case, I like the Fox shocks and wonder why Carli doesn't offer them as a lower cost option. Perhaps someone knows that answer.

Carli is great, I am sure. And with quality comes a price. I just think that going with a Fox shock will work as well for me (and likely many others) and using Fox shocks with Carli stuff sounds like a winner. I assume that's not an option though since I don't see it on their webpage.

Quick Reply: Carli Suspension